Brodie not the starter for KC this season

TitanTiger

I wouldnt mind him succeeding. He treated us very well during his time in college. Plus, in general I pull for most SEC player. Its not like I mind DeMeco Ryans doing well.

(OT) 200 posts!

Boy Galen is gonna get a stiffie. His wife better watch out for a few days or so.

Croyle's career is irrelevant to me. I don't wish any bad on him and if he locks down #2 position he will probably get a shot during the season due to injury. So he'll probably get his chance. If not I assume he's banked a decent amount so more power to him.

I honestly didn't expect Brodie to win it. All the talk about him being the starter, I thought Damon did a good job last year.

They so wanted Brodie to take the reigns, but he would supply them with one stupid INT for ever great drive he put together.

I think he's starting material, but I don't think it'd hurt if he were eased into the position.

I don't understand all the hate for Brodie. Why, because he played at Alabama? That's ridiculous.

I'll say it again, it wouldn't bother me if Croyle became the greatest QB that ever came out of Bama to play in the pro's...because at the end of the day, he never beat Auburn...and that's gotta sting!

And I'm sure you guys couldn't be happier.

No, it isn't that we are happy that he didn't get the starter position. He is just not a very good quarterback.

No, it isn't that we are happy that he didn't get the starter position. He is just not a very good quarterback.

Best wishes with throwing for 1000 yds this sea...

Oops. Well, here's to hoping for injuries and keeping your helmet close on the sidelines.

Signed,

Jason Campbell

Starting QB, Washington Redskins.

Yeah, NFL Quarterbacks aren't good.

I wish him all the best. He is a good kid from a very good family.

That being said...I was shocked that he got drafted. Not strong enough or durable enough to make it in the bigs. Just MHO.

That being said...I was shocked that he got drafted. Not strong enough or durable enough to make it in the bigs. Just MHO.

So they drafted him 2 years ago...and are just too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Not only is he still there, he's also moved up the depth chart from year one to year too.

So they drafted him 2 years ago...and are just too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Not only is he still there, he's also moved up the depth chart from year one to year too.

:rolleyes:

2 things wrong- Year too? Come on. Plus, it's easier to move up the depth chart when the number one is traded. Stupid logic, always gettin in the way.

I am sure you felt you had a point there...somewhere...But what does that have to do with MY opinion or the price of yogart in Finland?

BG --

Two things:

1. You said Brodie would be the starter. Don't backpedal now.

2. Nobody wants Brodie to fail because we hate him or don't like his family or any of that. There's just a certain satisfaction derived from watching somebody whose been shoved down your throat for six years not live up to the absurd hype. He's somebody who got ridiculous props compared to a MUCH better quarterback at Auburn, somebody the media bent over backwards to slobber on. He had a cannon! He was durable! Threw for more yards than Moses! Day after day after day. It's why we'll chuckle when Saban fails as he inevitably will -- even if its only in the short term. Nobody hates Brodie. My daughter thinks he's a good looking kid and friendly. We got respect for his values and for what he stands for. But she laughs, too, when he looks like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz after mainlining ritalin in an NFL game.

BG --

Two things:

1. You said Brodie would be the starter. Don't backpedal now.

2. Nobody wants Brodie to fail because we hate him or don't like his family or any of that. There's just a certain satisfaction derived from watching somebody whose been shoved down your throat for six years not live up to the absurd hype. He's somebody who got ridiculous props compared to a MUCH better quarterback at Auburn, somebody the media bent over backwards to slobber on. He had a cannon! He was durable! Threw for more yards than Moses! Day after day after day. It's why we'll chuckle when Saban fails as he inevitably will -- even if its only in the short term. Nobody hates Brodie. My daughter thinks he's a good looking kid and friendly. We got respect for his values and for what he stands for. But she laughs, too, when he looks like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz after mainlining ritalin in an NFL game.

Actually, I said:

No one ever said he was a lock. He's never started a game, why would he be a lock without earning it?

And when we discussed Brodie potentially starting a few months ago...I said by the end of the 08 season he will have started. And you said "no way he ever starts a game in the NFL...ever". I think we are still much closer to my pick than yours.

All the talk recently about Brodie starting has come from what sports reports and NFL people were saying.

Here's how I see this season playing out for Brodie. He'll start over half of KC's games this year. Either because DH gets injured or they are just doing that bad this season. KC will spend their #1 pick in 08' on a QB, either Brennan or Brohm. Brodie will be start 08' as the starter and eventually give the job up to said draft pick. Then he'll spend the next couple years as that QB's backup.

No reason to not pull for BC now that is is out of uat. He never beat AU in his 4 years. His dad runs a very fine and worthy organization. As long as BC is in the pros and is knocking down some big $'s, I'm quite sure that a "few" are going back into the "Ranch". That just means that more young boys and girls can get a home life, education, and good up-bringing that they so desparately need. Why punish inocent kids by routing against (or not for) BC now.

I beg to differ.

Signed

Ryan Leaf

I beg to differ.

Signed

Ryan Leaf

Me too.

Yours truly,

Akili Smith

Brodie still looks like he is making college mistakes.

He has had 2 INT's now where he is throwing hard off his back foot while leaning back.

Archived