Free Shoes U. v. bammer

TitanTiger

this loss bothers me. the UGA loss, not really. i expected we would lose that one, i was happy we kept it close. i did expect we would lose to Arky, so really we're about where i thought we would be. what makes it irritating is we were perfectly capable of being undefeated right now. i'm still not hittin the panic button on JPW. but, my finger is getting a little closer. i don't think it would have been a horrible idea to throw McElroy in there on the first drive coming out of halftime to see if he could get anything going. that still leaves you plenty of time in case that one drive didn't go so well, or ended in an INT or something catastrophic. but then again, i don't see the practices and i don't think i am qualified to make that assumption over a football coach.

there may be some of our fans that want to call out CMA about the poor offensive performance. i do not think that is where the blame lies. the offense is not executing, period. CMA's playcalling does not make JPW constantly overthrow/underthrow receivers that are open. FSU had a good defensive game plan going in this. they took a gamble that JPW wouldn't get it together tonight, and they won. they stopped the run as was expected, and put the game on JPW's shoulders. i still have confidence in CMA. he isn't doing bad at all for his first year in the SEC, IMO. but JPW has got to get his head right. this offense is similar to what he ran in high school. even still, i did expect him to struggle at times with it. i didn't really expect it to be a constant struggle though.

as for the future, it looks a little dimmer at this point. i didn't expect our team to smack everyone around this year by any means, but i did expect us to win this one. if JPW struggles next week, i will be mashing that panic button. we will have to see.

btw, good win tonight for you guys. not pretty, but anytime you can come out of the swamp with a W, its a keeper. i was pulling for the :uf: tho ;)

btw, good win tonight for you guys. not pretty, but anytime you can come out of the swamp with a W, its a keeper. i was pulling for the :uf: tho ;)

Maybe it's a matter of perspective-- I thought it was darn pretty.

Maybe it's a matter of perspective-- I thought it was darn pretty.

lol i bet all of you guys did. all that matters is you got the W tho.

this loss bothers me. the UGA loss, not really. i expected we would lose that one, i was happy we kept it close. i did expect we would lose to Arky, so really we're about where i thought we would be. what makes it irritating is we were perfectly capable of being undefeated right now. i'm still not hittin the panic button on JPW. but, my finger is getting a little closer. i don't think it would have been a horrible idea to throw McElroy in there on the first drive coming out of halftime to see if he could get anything going. that still leaves you plenty of time in case that one drive didn't go so well, or ended in an INT or something catastrophic. but then again, i don't see the practices and i don't think i am qualified to make that assumption over a football coach.

there may be some of our fans that want to call out CMA about the poor offensive performance. i do not think that is where the blame lies. the offense is not executing, period. CMA's playcalling does not make JPW constantly overthrow/underthrow receivers that are open. FSU had a good defensive game plan going in this. they took a gamble that JPW wouldn't get it together tonight, and they won. they stopped the run as was expected, and put the game on JPW's shoulders. i still have confidence in CMA. he isn't doing bad at all for his first year in the SEC, IMO. but JPW has got to get his head right. this offense is similar to what he ran in high school. even still, i did expect him to struggle at times with it. i didn't really expect it to be a constant struggle though.

as for the future, it looks a little dimmer at this point. i didn't expect our team to smack everyone around this year by any means, but i did expect us to win this one. if JPW struggles next week, i will be mashing that panic button. we will have to see.

What the HELL do you call pretty?

I was at the FSU/bammer game last night. Let me just sayI'm glad it was played in Jacksonville so they could sell alcohol. It took a lot of it just to make it through that snooze-fest (although paying $7 for a Miller Lite got old).

We left midway through the 4th quarter, and we were standing out on the concourse when bama scored their 2nd touchdown and thought they recovered the onside kick. All the bama fans that were leaving in droves turned around and hauled ass back up the ramps thinking they might have a chance, only to have their hopes crushed again. It was a site to behold.

And the winner of the corruption bowl and the coveted "Brass Handcuffs" trophy goes to: The Tallahassee Corruption.

Tallahassee Corruption 21

Tuscaloosa Corruption 14

Is Saban really that good at spying? Georgia has to close their practices and FSU uses three or four people to block the UA view from their play calling.

I thought that the way FSU blocked their play calling was hilarious! Three guys standing in a straight line and one guy holding a towel. Guess satan is getting a reputation! Oh, by the way. Did Richt open the practices back up this week?

I agree slink . This has been a horrible game. Talk about bad offense DJ Hall just pulled up on a pass that he shouldn't have. That ones got to cost a few stadiums.

I agree. And it would. With any other coach.

Archived