Props to Tim Tebow

townhallsavoy

He's a chump, right?

20/27 for 201 yards. 1 TD 1 Int (That may have been the receiver running the wrong route.)

19 carries for 75 yards 1 TD.

The kid is a baller. He just can't beat us.

He's never impressed me. 74% hype, 24% substance, 2% dork

Me either GG. If I had to hear one more "feel good" story about him I was gonna puke. He's just a QB. Nothing more. He's average to slightly above average at best. I just don't buy in to all the hype surrounding him. He gets the attention because UF is highly ranked, defending MNC's and the media locked hold of him and won't let him go. He's surrounded with top players at every position. Tebow has been the starter now for 5 games in his career, and this "willing them to victory" crap was sickening. He's proven NOTHING. He had 1/4 of his total passing yards on ONE pass. I see nothing that would make him deserving of the multitudes of hype he's recieved. NOTHING.

Yes, that's why I called you "Pot" and him, "Kettle".... or if you want to be Kettle... I don't really care. However, he IS the Auburn fan on an Auburn Forum, so at least it's expected from his end. You're endless defense and homerism here is a little out there though.

Homerism is homerism. Just because you are on an AU forum, doesn't mean your perspective has changed. It's not like saying "Tebow is a crappy QB" only would occur here. It's not like your opinions would change if you were in a sports bar or on a golf course.

Regardless of where you are, your opinions are your opinions. Unless you are saying one thing here, and changing your tune elsewhere.

:blink:

We get that BG, what you've never gotten, is that we just don't need YOUR opinion re-hashed 15 different ways to Sunday evertime someone disagrees about something Bama related. We KNOW you're opinion, and you are welcome to it. You are welcome to post it anywhere at anytime you'd like. Not a problem. However, when another Auburn fan comes in and contradicts something you posted, you feel this urge to debate them or call them "homers", or "blind" because of their love for Auburn...well NO SH*T! That's what we're HERE FOR!!!

The fact that I have my opinion, or 20 other people on an AUBURN board have THEIR opinions, means the numbers are probably at LEAST 100 - 3 (or 4) in favor of an opinion differing from yours. So, you arguing with every single one of them, is in the least.... F'n Crazy!

So, I'm sorry, post away, but for the love of all that is holy, recognize that there are Auburn people here on an Auburn board (this never meant you weren't allowed, you whiney ass...), that already have, know, and don't need a re-hash of your opinion, just for the sake of you getting the last word.

You're a great writer. Your vocabulary is impressive. However, it doesn't overshadow the fact that you're one idiot arguing with 100 idiots on OUR side of the battle-line!

My God...you'll never understand... But I hear you BG, continue to act like we're either A.) stupid, or B.) just out to get you, or C.) simply a bunch of Aubs passin' time and talking football and goofin' on our chief #1 rival. Think REALLLLL hard.

Please...now...again, tell me how it's your right to post what, when and where ever you want...so I can again, give you the NO SH*T attitude...

And you say I talk too much...whew.

I think we are all idiots. But that's for another thread.

I guess it says a lot, that that's all you got from that. I can appreciate you admitting you're an idiot too though. :thumbsup::P

Just something I always think about when commentators are talking about these young college "superstars" is how would they fare in the military.

I know it sounds strange and somewhat awkward. But being in the military, I'd want a guy to perform well under pressure, have a cool head, and not too emotional.

Someone who is well grounded and humble. Someone who may get a lot of praise... when it's deserved.

Like i said, it's a weird comparison, but if you sit back and think about it, it makes plenty of sense.

I'm just glad I don't have to hear the commentators having repeated orgasms over a guy.

Tebow is a pretty good deep ball passer and a great runner. (PERIOD) He is not a pocket passer. What Ole Miss tried to do and what AU did do was stop the b/t the tackle runs and take away the deep passes (except for 2 that were completed). Has Tebow thrown anything across the middle? or checked down WRs to a 2nd or 3rd option? NO, he has not. LSU will be able to mimick what AU did and probably cover downfield even better. UFs biggest problem is on D, it is not nearly as good as last years squad and LSU should march up and down the field on them. Of course, this is college football, so you never know what may happen, but I see LSU beating UF by 10+.

I'm kinda on the fence about Tebow. Physically, he's a specimen. I think thats what fuels much of the fanfare. He's essentially a fullback that can throw. Look at the dude's freakin arms. He'd make Scott Steiner jealous (an old wrestling allusion for some of you). Anyways, I think some of his balls are essentially jump balls and he has some incredible recievers namely Percy Harvin that come down with it, or are wide open because of their speed. I do think Cox dropping a ball in between 4 Florida defenders is more impressive. And it wasn't really double coverage as our safety was safely beat on the play. I thought at times, Tebow made terrible throws eg, the one at the goaline that skipped three yards short of the player, but also made some gutsy throws like the one with Groves hanging off of him. Only Tebow can make that throw with that strength.

As for his running, I'm not that impressed. For his size, he's not "that" physical. He uses the stiffarm well, but he doesn't often run over defenders like a tailback of his size would. He also has a tendency to lower his head and run into piles and doesn't make many cuts, and seems to lack some vision except for gaping holes. Its one of the reasons he doesn't get hit as hard and falls forward, but I think he could get more yards with cuts. Watch Kodi Burns run. They both go up the middle, but they are quite different in their styles. I also realize Burns is going to be quicker, just based on his size.

I guess my impression thus far is, man, this guy is a gifted athlete. But I'm not sure he has the football sense to go with his skills. He can put games on his shoulders, but I think we showed he can't do it all. His coaches still don't have him audibling at the line. I agree with some others that enthusiam and pumping up the crowd is great, but isn't always reflective of the best leader and a warrior as they called it. Cox was calm, collected, got up from hit after hit, taking shots in the mouth to make plays. To me, that is a warrior. Someone who lays it out for their team. When have you seen Tebow make sacrifice? When has he taken a shot on the chin for his team? Pumping up a crowd takes deltoids. Leading your team down the field in the closing minutes on the road with a rowdy crowd, when you were counted out a few games earlier takes the heart of a warrior. I'm not counting Tebow out yet. I think he'll earn his moment in the sun. I just think now, its just a continuation of recruiting hype. Kodi Burns doesn't get that kind of hype, yet he's been as equally effective running the ball as Tebow was as a freshman.

I've been really impressed w/ Tebow this year. I didn't really buy the hype last year and I thought Florida would take a huge step back w/ Leak gone (underrated guy, IMO). But I was wrong about Tebow. He is not just a one-trick pony. He can run, is as strong as a horse (not getting sacked by Q on that one play) and his passing is much better than I thought it would be. The guy is good.

Florida is off our schedule for the next few years in the regular season, but I have a feeling Auburn and Tebow are going to meet again (in at least one SECCG).

Archived