Props to Tim Tebow

townhallsavoy

He's a chump, right?

20/27 for 201 yards. 1 TD 1 Int (That may have been the receiver running the wrong route.)

19 carries for 75 yards 1 TD.

The kid is a baller. He just can't beat us.

He's a chump, right?

20/27 for 201 yards. 1 TD 1 Int (That may have been the receiver running the wrong route.)

He's never impressed me. 74% hype, 24% substance, 2% dork

He's a chump, right?

Well, he impresses me. Not to the extent of his hype, but he's a ball player.

He's a chump, right?

Well, he impresses me. Not to the extent of his hype, but he's a ball player.

If I didn't have to listen to the constant barrage of TV talking heads licking Tebow like a popsicle maybe I might see things a little differently. But all the "Superman", "Tebow is a warrior", "Tebow just puts this team on his back and wills it to win" stuff is so overboard it makes me want to vomit. You ask me, Brandon Cox is 10 times the warrior Tebow is. You look at what that kid's overcome physically (and now mentally after the start to this season) and there's no comparison. Tebow is a big plate of hype and whipped cream. Cox is the real steak and potatoes deal.

Seems to me that all Tebow does is just duck and haul ass into the line. What's so motherhumping special about that? Kodi Burns was just as effective as Tebow last night doing that. He's got good receivers and occasionally throws a ball up for grabs and they come down with it. The rest of the time it's the same stinking play over and over.

Yet again your homerism shines through. If they don't play for AU, they suck.

Tim Tebow is a WHALE of a QB. He puts up great numbers, and can flat out chuck the rock. Everyone (myself included) thought he was just a running QB, but that 52 yard STRIKE he threw to Harvin was flat out amazing.

UF surely didn't lose that game last night because Tebow wasn't good enough.

Yet again your homerism shines through. If they don't play for AU, they suck.

Tim Tebow is a WHALE of a QB. He puts up great numbers, and can flat out chuck the rock. Everyone (myself included) thought he was just a running QB, but that 52 yard STRIKE he threw to Harvin was flat out amazing.

UF surely didn't lose that game last night because Tebow wasn't good enough.

Blah, blah, blah. You have no idea. There are a lot of players who don't play for Auburn who don't suck.

You're clearly impressed with people who drop back and throw the ball as far as they can in hopes somebody will come up with it. (Brodie, Sarah Jessica anyone?)

Tebow is more hype than substance. Did you see the pass Cox dropped to Carl Stewart when there were three guys around him. THAT was a beautiful pass and one that Tebow wouldn't have made. Tebow is blessed with some pretty awesome receivers. They make him look better than he is. Harvin and that #7 guy made some catches despite textbook-perfect coverage. Tebow clearly benefitted from that. I love AU, but I'd swap two of AU's receivers (sans Rod) for Harvin.

You're clearly impressed with people who drop back and throw the ball as far as they can in hopes somebody will come up with it. (Brodie, Sarah Jessica anyone?)

Again, you blind yourself to what really goes on. That 52 yard strike was NOT a "throw it up and somebody come up with it". It was Harvin running with double coverage and a lazer hit him in stride. JPW couldn't make that throw, and I don't think Cox can throw the ball 50 yards.

Tebow has a very live arm. And made some very good throws last night. You obviously think BC is a better QB, so it seems to me that there's no talking sense into you.

Again, you blind yourself to what really goes on. That 52 yard strike was NOT a "throw it up and somebody come up with it". It was Harvin running with double coverage and a lazer hit him in stride. JPW couldn't make that throw, and I don't think Cox can throw the ball 50 yards.

Tebow has a very live arm. And made some very good throws last night. You obviously think BC is a better QB, so it seems to me that there's no talking sense into you.

BC was a better quarterback last night, yes. He made some extremely difficult throws. He played better under pressure. Who gives a rat turd on toast if Tebow can throw the ball 50, 60, 75 or 80 yards? You Bama guys have always sprouted wood over irrelevant information like that. You spent years telling me what a great QB Brodie was because he had a "cannon" and could fling the ball xx yards. You're still convinced of it although I don't think Brodie won a significantly meaningful game in his entire career.

I'm not impressed with Tebow and I never have been. He made a couple of good throws, but he didn't do anything I haven't seen other quarterbacks do. Would I want Tebow on my team? I'd have to think about it for a long, long time. He's got a lot of good players around him that make him look a lot better than he really is. Any monkey can jump around and wave a helmet and call it leadership. I don't know that I'd want one player getting all that undeserved attention. Don't think it would be good for team chemistry.

He's got a lot of good players around him that make him look a lot better than he really is.

So surely you can point out a list of things he did wrong last night.

Man you are such an over the top homer. Anyone who watched that game last night...and comes away with "I probably wouldn't want him on my team" is more than a homer.

You like to provide the element of dissent. We get it. But saying Tebow isn't a good QB, and isn't a good leader, is a joke.

If you think having the ability to hit a guy down field IN STRIDE is "irrelevant", then you don't know what the QB's job is. Now add to that the fact that Tebow ran for 75 yards and a TD, and you've got something special.

It's not about how far you can throw the ball. It's the fact that he can throw it 52 yards down field into double coverage and hit a guy in the numbers...in stride.

He is a helluva qb.

I want to thank him for overcelebrating their tieing touchdown and getting WAY too excited also.

Also, he is about to feel the wrath of the sec for the next few weeks or so. I know he is feeling the pounding he took last night, now he goes to lsu, georgia is not far off. We will see if he is able to continue to tuck and run at the rate he is now. I don't think he will hold up or anyone else would for that matter.

He's got a lot of good players around him that make him look a lot better than he really is.

So surely you can point out a list of things he did wrong last night.

Man you are such an over the top homer. Anyone who watched that game last night...and comes away with "I probably wouldn't want him on my team" is more than a homer.

You like to provide the element of dissent. We get it. But saying Tebow isn't a good QB, and isn't a good leader, is a joke.

If you think having the ability to hit a guy down field IN STRIDE is "irrelevant", then you don't know what the QB's job is. Now add to that the fact that Tebow ran for 75 yards and a TD, and you've got something special.

He made one great throw. Wow. Simply amazing. Hand him the Heisman right now and avoid the rush. What about that spectacularly shi##y throw he made in the third quarter?

I don't like to provide anything but my own opinion. Tebow is a decent quarterback, but he's not some kind of football god. That's something you Bama guys also have a problem with. You've exalted more gods than the entire Greek culture.

Tebow has a cast of quality players around him. If you can't see that... well.... The throw you're creaming your pants over was covered well and the receiver made a great catch on the ball. Things like that happen. But it was one throw.

And his 75 yards rushing didn't do anything for me at all. Big deal. He ran the ball more than the running backs. Same play over and over and over. Got most of those yards in the fourth quarter when the defense was 1) missing Groves and 2) backed off to deny the long pass and quick score. Other than two plays AU basically contained him. And that's all that matters. Last night, Cox was the better quarterback.

You can jump on Tebow's jock if you want. You can wear it on your head. Yes, I know. Tebow almost came to Bama, he was this close. I'd just like to see him earn half the hype he gets and so far I don't see it.

And that's the point. The undending, overbearing hype. You can't judge the guy against other quarterbacks or against the SEC standard. You have to judge him against the ridiculous hype that's been generated. He'll NEVER be as good as the insane fawning he gets. He can't ever measure up to that. I don't care what he had for dinner. I don't care that he played tug-of-war. I don't care about his roomate or any of that garbage. I don't want to hear how he "takes the team on his shoulders and absolutely refuses to lose." When has that team ever HAD to rely on Lord Tebow? Against Ole Miss? Wow. Just wow again.

He's a freaking SOPHOMORE, starting his fifth game. I'm not ready to declare him a combination of Herschel Walker and Brett Favre just yet. So far Florida has played Auburn, a bunch of chumps and a shaky Tennessee team. He does good things, but you can just hang on to the pedestal for a while.

The man does deserve some credit. He is a beast. He is targeted and toseed around every game, getting hit as hard as possible and yet he is resilient. BC is a better leader, but Tebow is tthe better athlete.

Tebow is very good. Yeah he just threw up that long pass to Harvin...just right to the only spot it needed to be. He is only a sophomore making 5th year senior plays most of the time and the leader of his team.

BUT he made one crucial mistake...he threw the interception. I replayed it on DVR immediately when the espn honkers started to claim the receiver ran the wrong route. The receiver ran the correct route. Our db had outside contain, so the receiver broke to the inside clearly before Tebow threw the ball. If Tebow throws that ball to the inside of the field we might be looking at 2-3 right now. Tebow made the wrong play.

He is very talented, but he is only human. Although, the honkers at espn would lead you to believe differently.

He's definitely a very good QB...Florida would love to have one of our RBs, though, to take some of the load from him. Their running attack is Tebow and little else. I'm certainly not going to disparage Tebow's performance because it's not warranted. He played well last night, but so did our defense.

Cox played the best overall game I've seen him play since Georgia '05. He played like an experienced senior last night and I am happy for him that he did so.

Man you are such an over the top homer.
- BG 9/30/07 to GalensGhost.

I'm not sure I've seen a better example of "Pot meeting Kettle" on this forum.

Actually BG, I agree with you on this one. Only about TT being a beast, and a good QB. He threw strikes last night. He was excellent. He was also the prime example of why you can't be a one man team. Auburn contained him when it counted and walked out of The Swamp with a "W".

I hope he destroys everyone and everything else he sees this year. He's 0-2 vs. AU. 'Nough said.

You don't think calling Cox a better QB than Tebow...or saying "I don't know if I'd want Tebow on my team" is a homer call?

You don't think him berating me before the season because I suggested we had better WRs than AU, is a homer call?

You don't think calling Cox a better QB than Tebow...or saying "I don't know if I'd want Tebow on my team" is a homer call?

You don't think him berating me before the season because I suggested we had better WRs than AU, is a homer call?

Yes, that's why I called you "Pot" and him, "Kettle".... or if you want to be Kettle... I don't really care. However, he IS the Auburn fan on an Auburn Forum, so at least it's expected from his end. You're endless defense and homerism here is a little out there though.

Yes, that's why I called you "Pot" and him, "Kettle".... or if you want to be Kettle... I don't really care. However, he IS the Auburn fan on an Auburn Forum, so at least it's expected from his end. You're endless defense and homerism here is a little out there though.

Homerism is homerism. Just because you are on an AU forum, doesn't mean your perspective has changed. It's not like saying "Tebow is a crappy QB" only would occur here. It's not like your opinions would change if you were in a sports bar or on a golf course.

Regardless of where you are, your opinions are your opinions. Unless you are saying one thing here, and changing your tune elsewhere.

Homerism is homerism. Just because you are on an AU forum, doesn't mean your perspective has changed. It's not like saying "Tebow is a crappy QB" only would occur here. It's not like your opinions would change if you were in a sports bar or on a golf course.

Regardless of where you are, your opinions are your opinions. Unless you are saying one thing here, and changing your tune elsewhere.

LAST NIGHT, BG. LAST NIGHT.

What part of Cox was a better quarterback LAST NIGHT did you miss? Oh, the LAST NIGHT part.

Which quarterback was able to move his team into position to win on the last series? Cox.

Which quarterback made a number of difficult throws? Cox.

Which quarterback had the most passing yards (on fewer completions)? Cox.

Which quarterback did not throw an interception? Cox.

Which quarterback woke up this morning with a great big smile on his face? Cox.

Which quarterback heard his own fans booing several times last night? Tebow.

Last night Brandon Cox was a better quarterback. That doesn't mean anything other than last night. Tebow played a good game with all that running and he made a good throw or two.

If my team was Florida and I had a ton of talented receivers that could stretch the defense and give him the kind of running room he gets from that spread formation, that's great. All I said is that I'd have to think a long time before I decided if I wanted him on my team or not due to the excessive bags of hype he has to carry around. I'm still not convinced his act will work against top-flight SEC defenses. I fully expect LSU to punish him. I'm not ready to put a crown on his head when he hasn't really done anything yet.

How the hell is that homerism? I said the same things before AU played them. All last night did was validate some of what I thought.

Blame the media for the Tebobo honking. The kids a damn fine QB and has a bright future ahead of him. Personally, I'm glad UF rotates off and I only want to see Tebow in the future if it's in an SECCG.

Hats off to two QBs that played their asses off last night.

Archived