Urban Meyer is a douche

GalensGhost

The timeout thing was douche-ish, no doubt.

The thing that pissed me off more than anything, however was the lie he told all week that Caldwell wouldn't play and that Harvin was questionable.

Miracle of miracles. Caldwell came out, did some drills and was declared healed and ready to go. And Harvin didn't look all that limited to me.

If this was the NFL, that punk ass stunt would have cost him a big fine.

I didn't really dislike Meyer until the timeout call. I really wish that Byrum would've missed that first one, and then nailed the second one. If CUM ( :lol: just realized what Meyer's initials with the C for coach spell) wants to take junk plays or whatever you want to call it from the NFL, then go to the NFL. What a jerk.

War Damn Eagle!!!

Yes, it was a low move but you can't be mad at Meyer for calling that time out... well, you can but you can't blame him. He was just trying to win. CTT would have done the same thing.

Honestly, I don't believe that CTT would have done that. It is a classless move IMO.

Frick Meyer and frick Teabag and his flying nun impression.

No way CTT does that cheap ass timeout thing. That is bush league stuff right there. That is like some sorry high school coach that can't teach anybody how to play, so he has to work the system and bend all sorts of rules to try to get an edge, then still loses because he sucks.

It was a sorry call, and the referees should be instructed that once the ball is snapped, too bad if you want a T.O.

Personally, there is no reason for it. Why can you not call the timeout when the center gets over the ball and puts his hand on it? Instead of trying to time your timeout call at exactly the moment the ball is snapped?

Answer: Because you are a bush league coach using bush league tactics.

I put it on the ref and meyer. He didn't have to give it to him like he did. The ref should realize that he is risking a fair outcome by allowing the coach to wait and wait and wait like that to call the thing. Keep letting them do that and it is going to cause a big stink when there is a question of "did he call the timeout in time?" and the outcome of the game hangs in the balance.

I think they'll change the rule in the offseason to prevent such situations from occurring again.

I don't care about the timeout at all.

The lying about the depth chart is what pisses me off. Saying that players are out and then they're miraculously cured an hour before kickoff?? WTF is that?

Don't get me wrong, as an Auburn fan his calling that timeout pissed me off, too. But looking at it from an unbiased point of view it was a smart call. C'mon, it's Auburn/Florida. It's a pretty big game and if I'm playing on my own turf, I'm ranked #4 in the nation and I'm all tied up with an unranked team with 3 seconds left to go and I'm getting paid a few million dollars a year to win football games you better believe I'm going to do whatever I can to push this game into OT.

Did it piss me off? Hell yeah. Classless move? I don't think so. Just good strategy in my opinion. Then, again, I have no class so what do I know? ;)

OK. Look. There was a not a risk of not having a fair outcome. Doing what he did is allowable by today's rules so that makes it fair.

All that being said, if you want to ice the kicker call your timeout and ice the damn kicker. Don't be a douche about it.

I doubt this is the first time that CUM needed to be douched. Just sayin'.

Dammit, if you dingleberrys don't start talking about the lies about the injury situation instead of the stupid time out, I'm whacking my own thread.

Masturbatory deletion.

I would say the line judge is going to stand right on the line of scrimmage pretty close to the sidelines. With the coaches ability to walk I would say the chances of getting real close to the ref are reasonably good. I know there are some refs that post on here. Maybe we can get a ruling.

Would it have been fair if the ref had not allowed it?

Dammit, if you dingleberrys don't start talking about the lies about the injury situation instead of the stupid time out, I'm whacking my own thread.

Masturbatory deletion.

He has multiple douche personality disorder.

I thought it was against the rules to comment on injuries anyway? How could he even say that a kid would be out unless it was for the season?

For you GG, the injury deal was bs. Seems llike he did it as somewhat of an intimidation gesture than anything. But hey, can't spell Urban without Auburn.

I was just wondering, had the ref been about 5 feet away than stroking Urban, would the call have counted? I'm pretty sure Meyer was petting the ref's shoullders the whole 10-15 seconds.

I know there are some refs that post on here. Maybe we can get a ruling.

You asking for a ten-paragraph novel on refereeing rules?

Well maybe just a few eloquent lines from those who are refs and those who think they are refs.

Galen, I can't comment on the depth chart because I did not follow it that closely during the week leading up to the game.

There should be a rule about two things that I saw Florida do.

There should be a rule about declaring your depth chart at least 48 hours before a game. The team that is traveling should be allowed to know who they are going to play BEFORE they get on the bus/plane to come to the game. That way they will have at least one set of practices/team meetings to at least go over it.

There should be a rule about faking injuries to affect the outcome of the game. I have seen Les Miles do this against Auburn, and I have seen Urban Meyer do this now against Auburn. I'm talking about where Auburn is moving the ball, driving, and building up some momentum when all of a sudden....what's this??....another Florida player injured??? Wow, look at that, he stayed down for 30 seconds, then sprang to his feet and bounced off the field once official timeout was called...and right back in the game on the next play. That is legal, but it is not fair. You should not be able to intentionally stop play without using one of your timeouts or some type of ball strategy (spiking the ball, etc.)

I agree with GG on this one. If Auburn wanted to do the same with injuries, we could've easily said that Q would be out till about a week after the LSU game then miraculously, he's cured in time for kickoff in Baton Rouge. CUM was using bush league dirty tactics to take out an unranked team and he STILL COULDN'T DO IT. Welcome to the SEC jerk, again. Quit playing like you have an underrated team and start acting like you coach the Florida Gators (which, much to the chagrin of certain people around here, is something to be proud of).

The last time I hated a UFL coach so much, his name was spurrier, and now I'm not sure who I hate more... Oh yeah, Nick Satan. But CSS and CUM are both pushing real hard for second place.

p.s. Most people may not agree but CNS gained a couple points back in my book for chewing out his own fans. I still hate the guy but that takes some balls.

There should be a rule about faking injuries to affect the outcome of the game. I have seen Les Miles do this against Auburn, and I have seen Urban Meyer do this now against Auburn. I'm talking about where Auburn is moving the ball, driving, and building up some momentum when all of a sudden....what's this??....another Florida player injured??? Wow, look at that, he stayed down for 30 seconds, then sprang to his feet and bounced off the field once official timeout was called...and right back in the game on the next play. That is legal, but it is not fair. You should not be able to intentionally stop play without using one of your timeouts or some type of ball strategy (spiking the ball, etc.)

Well, there must still be a way to take appropriate care of legit injuries even if a team is out of timeouts, so it's always going to be hard to legislate against the fakes. The best that could probably be done is a rule that once an officials' timeout is called for an injured player, that player must wait a certain number of plays or minutes before he's allowed to re-enter the game.

Honestly, I don't believe that CTT would have done that. It is a classless move IMO.

isn't it "busch" league, not "bush" league? Just sayin.

Nope.

Wikipedia: Bush League

Free Dictionary: Bush League

and one more for thoroughness sake:

Answers.com: Bush League

Only in St Louis.

Archived