Urban Meyer is a douche

GalensGhost

Honestly, I don't believe that CTT would have done that. It is a classless move IMO.

Frick Meyer and frick Teabag and his flying nun impression.

isn't it "busch" league, not "bush" league? Just sayin.

Only in St Louis.

Nice catch AUJarhead!

I noticed, but maybe i'm mistaken that after the first kick hugged the right upright, the holder scooted over a little and Byrum was even more dead on with the 2nd one. I think all CUM did was give him a practice try. I'll take it.

The timeout thing was douche-ish, no doubt.

The thing that pissed me off more than anything, however was the lie he told all week that Caldwell wouldn't play and that Harvin was questionable.

Miracle of miracles. Caldwell came out, did some drills and was declared healed and ready to go. And Harvin didn't look all that limited to me.

If this was the NFL, that punk ass stunt would have cost him a big fine.

All that proves GG, is that Meyer knew the Tigers would more than likely put an ass whopping on the mighty Gators.

It might have been justice if Byrum had missed the first kick, Meyer called the TO, then Byrum hit the second kick. Nawwww I like the way it went down.

Dammit, if you dingleberrys don't start talking about the lies about the injury situation instead of the stupid time out, I'm whacking my own thread.

Masturbatory deletion.

Urban Meyer is a lying douche bag.

Well, there must still be a way to take appropriate care of legit injuries even if a team is out of timeouts, so it's always going to be hard to legislate against the fakes. The best that could probably be done is a rule that once an officials' timeout is called for an injured player, that player must wait a certain number of plays or minutes before he's allowed to re-enter the game.

If a player is injured or claims to be injured they have to miss the next play minimum.

Honestly, I don't believe that CTT would have done that. It is a classless move IMO.

Frick Meyer and frick Teabag and his flying nun impression.

isn't it "busch" league, not "bush" league? Just sayin.

Only in St Louis.

+1

Nice hustle.

OK, I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I have no problem with the timeout or the "injury" report. I don't feel either is classless. It's part of the game. If you need to do that to get an edge...so be it. If you are worth your salary as a coach you will have your guys prepared to play each team regardless of who is in or out.

Maybe CTT doesn't need to do or wouldn't do it. We may never know. I think getting upset about these things is senseless, especially in light of our beating the nearly 3 touchdown favorite UF Gators in their own yard.

20-17!! WDE!!! Bring on Vandy!

I have a major problem with the timeout. Sure, its legal, but its not just to ice the kicker. He gave his team a test run on blocking it. He timed the TO call perfectly so the play would go off, allowing his block team to see the way we were lined up, count the timing to get a good jump, get an idea of how high the kick will be, etc. It gave them an unfair advantage. Doesnt work like that on any other play because the opposition can run another play on the do-over. But a FG it gives the blocking team an unfair advantage. Classless move by CUM.

Whether you agree or not, I believe we will see a change in that rule for next year.

I would think the rule should be that you cannot call a timeout on a kick of any type after the Center gets a hand on the ball, but then you would see teams across the country sending the Center up to the line first to quickly grab the ball so that the other team couldn't ice the kicker.

OK, I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I have no problem with the timeout or the "injury" report. I don't feel either is classless. It's part of the game. If you need to do that to get an edge...so be it. If you are worth your salary as a coach you will have your guys prepared to play each team regardless of who is in or out.

Agreed. Now... I feel that the rules suck... but I don't blame the coach for using them to his advantage.

Maybe CTT doesn't need to do or wouldn't do it. We may never know.

He said that he might've iced the kicker w/ a TO, but he wouldn't have waited long enough for the kicker to get a practice shot. He didn't think it was classless... he thought it was stupid (paraphrasing). I have to agree. I think the kicker gets a much bigger advantage than the defense does.

I think getting upset about these things is senseless, especially in light of our beating the nearly 3 touchdown favorite UF Gators in their own yard.

20-17!! WDE!!! Bring on Vandy!

Agreed again.

You do what you have to do to try and win.

I have no problem with it.

When it happened, I thought the same thing as most here...then I thought about it...it has worked twice in the NFL in the last 2 weeks so why not try it out here if it is legal?

If we were playing UF and it came down to that...and Richt did it and it worked...I would in fact be happy

If Tubs had done that against UF and it worked, I doubt anyone here would have a problem with it.

I honestly can't wait to see someone do that and have the kicker miss the first one only to redeem himself on the re-kick. That would be flippin sweet!

I don't care about the timeout at all.

The lying about the depth chart is what pisses me off. Saying that players are out and then they're miraculously cured an hour before kickoff?? WTF is that?

maybe some of the Vegas bookies that might lose big money depending upon reliable information or in this case dis-information should have a few words Urban.

You do what you have to do to try and win.

I have no problem with it.

When it happened, I thought the same thing as most here...then I thought about it...it has worked twice in the NFL in the last 2 weeks so why not try it out here if it is legal?

If we were playing UF and it came down to that...and Richt did it and it worked...I would in fact be happy

If Tubs had done that against UF and it worked, I doubt anyone here would have a problem with it.

So true.

I put it on the ref and meyer. He didn't have to give it to him like he did. The ref should realize that he is risking a fair outcome by allowing the coach to wait and wait and wait like that to call the thing. Keep letting them do that and it is going to cause a big stink when there is a question of "did he call the timeout in time?" and the outcome of the game hangs in the balance.

I think they'll change the rule in the offseason to prevent such situations from occurring again.

So Meyer was standing with the ref that means he was on the field of play, is that not a penalty or only after the snap?

Forget if he'd just missed the first one...imagine if UF had actually "blocked" the FG attempt, only to have it split the uprights on a second gift attempt.

Now THAT would have made UM crap his slacks! :thumbsup:

I put it on the ref and meyer. He didn't have to give it to him like he did. The ref should realize that he is risking a fair outcome by allowing the coach to wait and wait and wait like that to call the thing. Keep letting them do that and it is going to cause a big stink when there is a question of "did he call the timeout in time?" and the outcome of the game hangs in the balance.

I think they'll change the rule in the offseason to prevent such situations from occurring again.

So Meyer was standing with the ref that means he was on the field of play, is that not a penalty or only after the snap?

you forget meyer is always on the field, i hate that douche. He's such a freakin crybaby douche. Last year he was constantly ten yards on the field yelling stuff at dumbow presnap. can we get a douche emoticon?

No problem with CUM working the rule for an advantage. That is no different in most ways than a coach realizing an alignment is wrong,,,etc and calling in a timeout at the last possibel instant. We, I am sure, have benefitted from such situations in the past.

To counter this, why not have the center and kicker, once they have indicated they are ready, just wait a few seconds to snap the ball. The coach trying to predict when it is going to be snapped would then be forced to tip his hand early.

Of course, for this to be a good option, the snapper/holder/kicker have to be ready with several (6 or more I d say) seconds on the play clock.

i dunno if i'm the only one to point this out, but urban wasn't lying about bubba caldwell. he didn't play. he came out, warmed up, tried to go, caught one ball, got hit, and left the field. he was in a baseball cap for the last three quarters. he's hurt and tried to play. i think meyer is a douche all the way, but this was simply a guy trying to play too soon.

Calling a timeout just before the snap is not bush league, it is brilliant. However, calling timeout while the ball is moving is not legal. The play does not begin when the ball leaves the center's hand(s), it begins the very instant the center moves the ball. If it did not then the center could "pump fake" a snap all he wanted.

Meyer admittedly waited until the ball started moving to call the timeout, by rule Florida could not have been granted a timeout. The official who granted it was wrong and should be disciplined by the SEC (which we know they never do). In reality, Auburn won on the first kick and the game was over. The second kick was just for s***$ and giggles.

Calling a timeout just before the snap is not bush league, it is brilliant. However, calling timeout while the ball is moving is not legal. The play does not begin when the ball leaves the center's hand(s), it begins the very instant the center moves the ball. If it did not then the center could "pump fake" a snap all he wanted.

Meyer admittedly waited until the ball started moving to call the timeout, by rule Florida could not have been granted a timeout. The official who granted it was wrong and should be disciplined by the SEC (which we know they never do). In reality, Auburn won on the first kick and the game was over. The second kick was just for s***$ and giggles.

does it REALLY matter that much? you guys won. a win in the swamp, at night....i wouldn't be complaining!

i dunno if i'm the only one to point this out, but urban wasn't lying about bubba caldwell. he didn't play. he came out, warmed up, tried to go, caught one ball, got hit, and left the field. he was in a baseball cap for the last three quarters. he's hurt and tried to play. i think meyer is a douche all the way, but this was simply a guy trying to play too soon.

Why you wanna piss on my rock?

All I remember was Holly Rowe having a squirting orgasm in the pre-game over Caldwell coming back. I hate that red-faced pig.

As stupid as she is, however, she's not nearly as dumb as the guy who did the post-game last night (same moron who did the USF post-game). That box of turds knows one question and asks it over and over and over. After asking USF coaches and players eight different ways "What did this win mean to you, your program, blah..." his first question to Tommy West of Memphis was "What did this win mean to your team?" Does this idiot stand there for the whole game trying to think up this question?

All I remember was Holly Rowe having a squirting orgasm in the pre-game over Caldwell coming back. I hate that red-faced pig.

As stupid as she is, however, she's not nearly as dumb as the guy who did the post-game last night (same moron who did the USF post-game). That box of turds knows one question and asks it over and over and over. After asking USF coaches and players eight different ways "What did this win mean to you, your program, blah..." his first question to Tommy West of Memphis was "What did this win mean to your team?" Does this idiot stand there for the whole game trying to think up this question?

Thank God I'm not the only one that cannot stand Holly Rowe. She is so stupid, and her questions are so idiotic. Why is she on there? Does she have something on the producer or something? They could do so much better!

Thank God I'm not the only one that cannot stand Holly Rowe. She is so stupid, and her questions are so idiotic. Why is she on there? Does she have something on the producer or something? They could do so much better!

You are not the only one. I can't stand that heifer either!

Archived