LSU or UF

WarEagle007

I am somewhat torn on which way to lean for the showdown this Saturday.

On one hand, I love to see LSU lose.

On the other hand, I don't like Florida at all. They lack class. An LSU loss really takes the SEC out of a solid bid for the MNC. But, it also makes it less likely we could win the west and get a shot at the SEC championship. Also, the idiots at ESPN are STILL buzzing about Florida going back to the BCS championship regardless of the loss to Auburn, simply because it happened last year.

For now, I'm pulling for LSU, if only because I want ESPN to shut the hell up.

What about the rest of you?

I am somewhat torn on which way to lean for the showdown this Saturday.

On one hand, I love to see LSU lose.

On the other hand, I don't like Florida at all. They lack class. An LSU loss really takes the SEC out of a solid bid for the MNC. But, it also makes it less likely we could win the west and get a shot at the SEC championship. Also, the idiots at ESPN are STILL buzzing about Florida going back to the BCS championship regardless of the loss to Auburn, simply because it happened last year.

For now, I'm pulling for LSU, if only because I want ESPN to shut the hell up.

What about the rest of you?

Florida.

Because I think Kentucky will whack Florida.

Uuuhh, Florida, mos def.

Just ya know, thinking ahead to the SEC Championship game.

If Florida beats LSU and LSU beats us and Alabama beats LSU and we beat Bama, I'm pretty sure we'd go.

You should always root against SEC West teams unless it's out of conference.

Without a doubt Florida.

However, even as a 7 point favorite I would bet heavily on LSU. Unless Miles pulls a 'Miles' I don't see how LSU loses this game.

...then again, prior to our win against UF I couldn't imagine Florida even losing a game this year (based on the Tenn woodshed beating).

Shows what I know.

Can they both lose?

I was rooting for LSU until Saturday night when a friend of mine brought out his two LSU buddies who proceeded to explain to me that LSU was (and I am directly quoting) "Unbeatable" to anyone in college football...one guy told me they could spot 14+ points to ANYONE and still win and could "Beat a number of NFL teams"

I don't like either one. It's the lesser of two evils. We beat florida already so I'll want them to win saturday. Only to pull us even again in the west. I also believe that kentucky will handle florida.

If Florida beats LSU and LSU beats us and Alabama beats LSU and we beat Bama, I'm pretty sure we'd go.

I don't think so, because they first look at identical records and head to head. If there is a 3 way tie where we beat up each other(like your scenario above) then I think the next criteria for determining the division winner is each teams respective record in their own division. That would give us 2 losses within our division vs. LSU with one.

Always basing things on what's best for the real Tigers. So I gotta pull for Florida.

Though I wouldn't mind a low-flying plane decapitating their head coach.

InDNo

I want LSU to win, don't get me wrong, I hate them and everything about them, but I want Auburn to be the one's to knock them off their high horse and on their collective asses.

Well at least I'm not the only one pulling for LSU now, lol.

Anyone see Les Miles in his press conference saying something like: "Anyone who voted us #1 didn't wake up early enough to watch us play on Saturday, we are not a #1 team." For some reason I like it when coaches are realistic about their teams abilities to the media.

I just don't see us going to Atlanta if we don't beat LSU...so I'll be hoping optimistically that we win in Death Valley. If we lose to LSU, I don't think we go. If we win out, Atlanta is ours--so the SECCG is in our own hands. Under those circumstances, I think it would be great for them to still be #1 in the AP (maybe even in the other polls by then) if/when we do so. I don't think Bama or anyone else 'cept us or Florida beats them, and I think beating an undefeated, #1 LSU helps us the most in the polls.

However, one of my best friends is a Gator fan and was a very good sport Saturday, so I'll probably be cheering for him out of loyalty/friendship as we watch the game together.

I want LSU to win. I hate Florida. I hope LSU just creams Tim Tebow. I hope the camera is on Urban Meyer when he looks sick. I have to say it - LSU is the SEC's best chance for #1, and I really want to see them play USC. Maybe we'll be able to shut up all those idiots on TV that talk about how USC is the best. Well, I feel like LSU can show them. Sure, I hope that Auburn beats LSU. But I have no illusions. I don't think we'd have a chance to play one of the big boys in a bowl, even if that happens. We'll get a bowl, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we'll get one of the big bowls. Even though I think we'll deserve it.

Auburn needs Florida to win, so I will be rooting for them. That being said, if a giant hole appeared at midfield and sucked both teams down, I would not be unhappy.

The Gators obviously...

Guys, why would we ever pull for LSU? OK, if they are playing bammer. If FLA beats LSU, and we beat LSU, we could actually lose another game along the way and still go to ATL.

LSU is the main hurdle in our way to SECCG every year. FLA is in the East and not on the schedule for a while now. The last thing I'm worried about as an AU fan is how LSU would do against USC.

If the game were being played in a vacuum, I'd pull for LSU, b/c I simply like LSU more than Florida.

As the highest ranked SEC team, I would prefer LSU having a shot at a MNC to any of the other highly ranked teams. :puke: Southern Cal. :puke: Cal. :puke: Ohio State.

But, notwithstanding those two things, LSU is in our division, and them losing gives Auburn a better shot at making it to the SECCG. (I know if we take care of business from here on out, including beating LSU in Death Valley, we'd go anyway). I always have to root for whatever helps Auburn out the most.

So sorry Bayou Bengals, I'm hoping you lose to the Gators.

(I won't be too upset if LSU wins, however, b/c we will still get our shot w/ them. How awesome would it be if they were undefeated, number one or two in teh country, looking like a shoe-in for the MNC game, and we took them out in Death Valley?)

...then again, prior to our win against UF I couldn't imagine Florida even losing a game this year (based on the Tenn woodshed beating).

Shows what I know.

I saw a vulnerable :uf: team after they played :om:

You can't play like that and let a team that shouldn't be keeping up with you sit on you and keep it that close.

I wasn't sure if the Men of :au: could exploit their weaknesses but I knew they were there.

I give this game to Miles hands down unless Meyer goes into the game with a whole new scheme and game plan.

:lsu: isn't unbeatable, but they have less flaws overall than :uf: showed against :om:

I want LSU to win. I hate Florida. I hope LSU just creams Tim Tebow. I hope the camera is on Urban Meyer when he looks sick. I have to say it - LSU is the SEC's best chance for #1, and I really want to see them play USC. Maybe we'll be able to shut up all those idiots on TV that talk about how USC is the best. Well, I feel like LSU can show them. Sure, I hope that Auburn beats LSU. But I have no illusions. I don't think we'd have a chance to play one of the big boys in a bowl, even if that happens. We'll get a bowl, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we'll get one of the big bowls. Even though I think we'll deserve it.

So you'd rather see an SEC team beat USC in the national championship than Auburn play in the SEC championship? Sorry, I don't buy it. LSU can beat us - they're the toughest team left on our schedule. If we don't beat them, I would still like to have the backdoor chance of getting into the SECCG. Therefore, Go Gators!

But, notwithstanding those two things, LSU is in our division, and them losing gives Auburn a better shot at making it to the SECCG. (I know if we take care of business from here on out, including beating LSU in Death Valley, we'd go anyway). I always have to root for whatever helps Auburn out the most.

So sorry Bayou Bengals, I'm hoping you lose to the Gators.

(I won't be too upset if LSU wins, however, b/c we will still get our shot w/ them. How awesome would it be if they were undefeated, number one or two in teh country, looking like a shoe-in for the MNC game, and we took them out in Death Valley?)

:thumbsup: Hope :uf: wins, but If we beat :lsu: than all is well anyway.

florida for two reasons.

i'm like everyone else. i think we've gotta beat lsu to get to atlanta, but man i'd love to play with some breathing room after that game. i don't want a slip against uga (or arkansas the week before) to cost us atlanta. so i want lsu to take losses where they can. if they lose this week AND we beat them, we're basically playing with a two game lead since we'll hold the tie breaker.

number two, i think florida is our dream matchup. they're perfect for us. perfect. we frustrate them to no end. i said we'd win that game before the season. i bet a gator fan straight up even after the msu fan. we match up with them perfectly. that's the team i want to play if we do make it to atlanta.

go gators!

You're probably right about the matchup, though it is tough to beat the same team twice in the same year. But I seriously doubt Florida will win out. I say they lose to AT LEAST LSU and Kentucky. Kentucky is going to ATL.

it is tough to beat the same team twice in the same year.

Does anyone know the stats on how many times there has been a rematch in the SECCG of a game that was played in the regular season? And if so, how many times the winner was the same team and how many times they were different?

1997: Our game w/ Tenn was not a rematch.

2000: Florida beat us twice

2004: we whupped the h*ll out of UT, then we beat them again in the SECCG.

Archived