Corso just said WHAT?

auburnu008

Corso just said that Oklahoma is the best team in the nation. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the 6-1 beside their team mean they have lost a game this year? They lost to Colorado! That gameday bunch.......Amazing, just amazing.

OU lost to a pretty bad team... They're not #1. They're breezing through an easy schedule, that's all. The biggest joke would be OU and OSU in the title game.

It's not like anybody else is playing lights out. OU would beat Ohio State by a lot.

They lost a game. Period. The polls are not based on who would beat who. Ohio State and USF have not lost a game.

Corso said 'best team that I've seen', then mentioned he hasn't seen Ohio State. Herbie said Ohio State as he's seen them play in person, and Corso seemed to defer to that. Strange choice of words, I'll admit. But hey - he can say whatever he wants, because guaranteed it won't sound as silly with the Senator around.

So a 1 loss team with an SOS of #1 should be ranked lower than a no loss team with an SOS of #100?

HA! OU has far from one of the toughest schedules. The Big 10 and Big 12 are a joke right now.

OU lost to a pretty bad team... They're not #1. They're breezing through an easy schedule, that's all. The biggest joke would be OU and OSU in the title game.

An even bigger joke would be USF-Ohio St

And now an even bigger joke would be LSwho vs anybody. And please explain how you are going to talk bad about USF when they are still undefeated, and you just got beat by a one loss Kentucky team.

Corso is only saying that b/c he had them slated in the championship game from the beginning of the year.

The national championship game this season will be the biggest joke championship of all time. Not one team will finish impressive enough for anyone to truly believe they are number 1. This season is the mother of all "we need a playoff system" seasons. I hope to God that it's BC vs South Florida with South Florida getting the victory. Or even better, I hope BC and South Florida both go undefeated only to get left out for 1 loss Big Ten and Pac 10 teams to compete in the NC. Never before have we seen the evidence of voter stupidity/ESPN analyst stupidity so clear. I'm sorry, but college football looks like a joke right now. I'm going to spend this season concentrating on the SEC race and that's about it. Polls are irrelevant, especially if USC is still in the top ten after beating a terrible Nebraska team, losing to STANFORD, and nearly losing to ARIZONA.

The national championship game this season will be the biggest joke championship of all time. Not one team will finish impressive enough for anyone to truly believe they are number 1. This season is the mother of all "we need a playoff system" seasons. I hope to God that it's BC vs South Florida with South Florida getting the victory. Or even better, I hope BC and South Florida both go undefeated only to get left out for 1 loss Big Ten and Pac 10 teams to compete in the NC. Never before have we seen the evidence of voter stupidity/ESPN analyst stupidity so clear. I'm sorry, but college football looks like a joke right now. I'm going to spend this season concentrating on the SEC race and that's about it. Polls are irrelevant, especially if USC is still in the top ten after beating a terrible Nebraska team, losing to STANFORD, and nearly losing to ARIZONA.

I agree - College football needs a playoff. there are several scenarios now that can throw the BCS out of whack, but the biggest will be having no undefeated teams and bunch of 1 loss teams, or even better having one or two undefeated teams who don't rank #1 or #2 by the BCS method and are shut out of the championship game.

Outside of the SEC I am going to be pulling for whoever helps screw up the BCS!!!

An even bigger joke would be USF-Ohio St

The biggest joke would be Hawaii-USF

I'm rooting for:

Team A: some pretty good undefeated team no one has ever heard of with a small fan base

vs.

Team B: some pretty good undefeated team no one has ever heard of with a small fan base

Left in the cold: numerous one loss "traditional powers" like OU, Ohio State and USC.

No buzz whatsoever going into the game. Sponsors pull out. And the lowest rated MNC game ever. Which also happens to be an awful game.

Maybe that will get some folks looking at a playoff, or at least a plus one. Gotta hit them in the :$: :$: :$:

I'm rooting for:

Team A: some pretty good undefeated team no one has ever heard of with a small fan base

vs.

Team B: some pretty good undefeated team no one has ever heard of with a small fan base

Left in the cold: numerous one loss "traditional powers" like OU, Ohio State and USC.

No buzz whatsoever going into the game. Sponsors pull out. And the lowest rated MNC game ever. Which also happens to be an awful game.

Maybe that will get some folks looking at a playoff, or at least a plus one. Gotta hit them in the :$: :$: :$:

Agreed.

The biggest joke would be Hawaii-USF

Let's go Warrior & Bulls!

So a 1 loss team with an SOS of #1 should be ranked lower than a no loss team with an SOS of #100?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/120

Looks like the SOS is pretty legit for where USF is ranked. Especially compared to "powerhouses" USC and OU. Just throwing that out there.

Though I know many won't agree since you all played USF, I would put several teams ahead of them even with 1 loss right now.

They are a good team but I don't think they are nearly as good as some other Top 5-10 teams

And sure USF beat Auburn. But would they be able to beat an Auburn if they had to play good teams week in and week out?

Sure USF hung 64 on UCF. But I'll bet everyone voting USF #1 or #2 didn't know UCF gave up 52 the week before to East Carolina.

They probably knew UCF hung with Texas and almost pulled off the upset.

I'd say USF could play with and beat anyone in the country. And not just in that "one in a blue moon anyone can beat anyone" way either. They are a very good team. Do I really think they're better than LSU, Oklahoma or Ohio State right now? Probably not. In fact, I think we'd beat them in a rematch right now. But the bottom line is, they've beaten Auburn on the road and West Va. at home. That's two more good teams than Ohio State has beaten. They deserve to be up high.

I know people will think this is crazy, but honest to God I would take USF against Ohio State.

Ohio State hasn't proven anything to me, even last year, and certainly not this year to indicate that they are good enough to beat a team that beat a #17 us and a #5 West Virginia.

I'll be the first to tell you the BCS is flawed, but at least stick with the "every game counts" mantra for consistency. It drives me nuts that people can't accept that maybe a different team from the usual 5 or 6 may be the best team in the nation. And guess what? The only way to know is to prove it on the field which USF is doing.

Oh I think USF is better than Ohio State for sure. With the Big 11 as crappy as it is this year, USF has played tougher teams "game in and game out" than OSU.

Archived