Bammers losing their minds.

WDE1313

I've thought about doing that a lot, but it just takes enough people to buy it to overcome royalties. For instance, an orange and blue houndstooth hat, or an orange hat with a blue, fugly script A that they stole from the Braves (or vis versa - blue hat with orange A). Then you would also have the problem of the mass hysteria created by the overwhelming inflation of pride among the fanbase caused by others ripping off their "tradishunz".

well, they say imitation is the highest form of flattery.

i liked the part of that article where they said students are making insulting signs towards CNS. they sure didn't hate him when he took them from what 8 losing seasons in a row to a few SECCG and a MNC. you would think he jumped ship in the middle of the season to come to UA or something.....

they sure didn't hate him when he took them from what 8 losing seasons in a row to a few SECCG and a MNC.

They weren't on an 8 straight losing season skid. DiNardo seemed to have turned them around before having back to back abysmal seasons. Can't you appreciate what Saban pulled off with LSU without having to embellish it? Oh wait. Bammer. Say no more. ;)

they sure didn't hate him when he took them from what 8 losing seasons in a row to a few SECCG and a MNC.

They weren't on an 8 straight losing season skid. DiNardo seemed to have turned them around before having back to back abysmal seasons. Can't you appreciate what Saban pulled off with LSU without having to embellish it? Oh wait. Bammer. Say no more. ;)

sorry, it was 7 losing seasons out of 10 years. i wasn't trying to "embellish" it, i simply made a mistake in what i said. i can appreciate what CNS pulled off with LSU....too bad their own fans can't.

i liked the part of that article where they said students are making insulting signs towards CNS. they sure didn't hate him when he took them from what 8 losing seasons in a row to a few SECCG and a MNC. you would think he jumped ship in the middle of the season to come to UA or something.....

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with leaving LSU to jump to the pros where after being a miserable failure he lies repeatedly about the bama job and then lo and behold is announced as bama coach the same day as LSU played in the Sugar Bowl. Or claiming LSU's success as his own because those were his players. Or the coona$$ remark. Nah....no reasons at all :rolleyes:

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with leaving LSU to jump to the pros where after being a miserable failure he lies repeatedly about the bama job and then lo and behold is announced as bama coach the same day as LSU played in the Sugar Bowl. Or claiming LSU's success as his own because those were his players. Or the coona$$ remark. Nah....no reasons at all :rolleyes:

some LSU fans couldn't blame him for going. we was wildly successful at LSU and many said he would be dumb not to go while his stock was sky high.

if you lump CNS in as a miserable failure, then you must also lump in CSS also. CNS was 15-17 at Miami and CSS was 12-20 at Washington. Miami fans might hate CNS, but considering how their season is going (haven't won a game yet), i bet they wouldn't have minded him staying. so i guess now CSS is a horrible coach because he failed in the pros. USC would beg to differ.

so you think his announcement was deliberately designed to be announced on the same day as the Sugar Bowl for what reason? so he could "stick it to" LSU for......him leaving for the NFL? because......? that really doesn't make alot of sense.

LSU did enjoy alot of success in part because of CNS' players. it has been said here time and time again that those guys could win if a cabbage coached them. you can't say that ALL of it was due to CNS' players, but they were a big factor.

you must not have visited many LSU boards after the "coonass" remark, or either visited way too many AU boards saying all the LSU fans were HIGLY upset about it.

Saban is behind this because he wants the houndstooth gone. First the hats, next will be the pre-game video of Saban including video that has been shot in the past 10 years.

Saban is behind this because he wants the houndstooth gone. First the hats, next will be the pre-game video of Saban including video that has been shot in the past 10 years.

What? Link for that?

And also, is it true that the Bama pregame video has the Bear saying, "they ain't nothing but a cow college," followed by Saban saying, "and we're coming at you!"?

And also, is it true that the Bama pregame video has the Bear saying, "they ain't nothing but a cow college," followed by Saban saying, "and we're coming at you!"?

To be quite honest with you, I have not a clue what he is saying. It is a loud grumbling mumble. Not trying to be a jerk, but I need a translator.

To be quite honest with you, I have not a clue what he is saying. It is a loud grumbling mumble. Not trying to be a jerk, but I need a translator.

Something about some Dickle I think.

I've thought about doing that a lot, but it just takes enough people to buy it to overcome royalties. For instance, an orange and blue houndstooth hat, or an orange hat with a blue, fugly script A that they stole from the Braves (or vis versa - blue hat with orange A). Then you would also have the problem of the mass hysteria created by the overwhelming inflation of pride among the fanbase caused by others ripping off their "tradishunz".

I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay uat royalties for the houndstooth pattern.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay uat royalties for the houndstooth pattern.

I agree. That is like paying "Al Borland" royalties for the flanel pattern.

geez, we sure don't want that ugly thing associated with auburn in any way shape or form. even if it is to mock the cheatingest coach in college football history.

Something about some Dickle I think.

You misspelled a word. And you don’t need to capitalize it either.

What's next? Are they gonna' start paying $250,000.00 for overweight linemen from Memphis?

:glare:

some LSU fans couldn't blame him for going. we was wildly successful at LSU and many said he would be dumb not to go while his stock was sky high.

if you lump CNS in as a miserable failure, then you must also lump in CSS also. CNS was 15-17 at Miami and CSS was 12-20 at Washington. Miami fans might hate CNS, but considering how their season is going (haven't won a game yet), i bet they wouldn't have minded him staying. so i guess now CSS is a horrible coach because he failed in the pros. USC would beg to differ.

Why bring CSS into this discussion? He was a failure in the pros, and that's why he's a college coach again, right? He's a brilliant college coach, but he has nothing to do with this discussion.

so you think his announcement was deliberately designed to be announced on the same day as the Sugar Bowl for what reason? so he could "stick it to" LSU for......him leaving for the NFL? because......? that really doesn't make alot of sense.

Bama loves the spotlight. Media focus was already on LSU that day. So by announcing the same day that bama hired LSU's former coach they can grab some attention for themselves.

LSU did enjoy alot of success in part because of CNS' players. it has been said here time and time again that those guys could win if a cabbage coached them. you can't say that ALL of it was due to CNS' players, but they were a big factor.

That's what your coach seemed to think....just repeating what I heard from his soundbites.

you must not have visited many LSU boards after the "coonass" remark, or either visited way too many AU boards saying all the LSU fans were HIGLY upset about it.

I don't spend all my time on other team's boards. I can find plenty of rival fans letting me know what they think right here. :poke:

jenn, honest question here...not a flame.

Similar to CSS's situation, what's wrong with recognizing that you are a better fit in the college game?

I never said that there was anything wrong with coming back to the college game. It was obviously a better fit for CSS and most likely for your coach. However, that does not mean that one has to gloss over the fact that both were failures at the NFL level. I've failed at lots of things too in this lifetime. Truth hurts sometimes... :gofig:

Truth? Would any west vancester know the truth if it bit 'em in he rear?

I don't get the whole houndstooth hat thing, I mean Bryant just ripped off Tom Landry's Fedora. It kind of reminds me of the comic relief guys in the old 80's movies - the formula was always a dorky guy in a goofy hat.

Bear = Duckie

six.jpg

jenn, honest question here...not a flame.

Similar to CSS's situation, what's wrong with recognizing that you are a better fit in the college game?

I never said that there was anything wrong with coming back to the college game. It was obviously a better fit for CSS and most likely for your coach. However, that does not mean that one has to gloss over the fact that both were failures at the NFL level. I've failed at lots of things too in this lifetime. Truth hurts sometimes... :gofig:

Saban wasn't exactly brilliant in college, either, despite what people want you to believe. He certainly wasn't on Spurrier's level by any stretch.

A strong, strong case could be made for Miles being a much better coach -- based on LSU's performance after Saban left.

Archived