Glavine back to Atlanta?

BZ770

I saw on espn where they are talking to Glavine to come back, I think it would be great for him to retire there. He is 42yrs old and played there for 16 seasons.

I've hated him so much these last few years. I don't know if I can humble myself enough to cheer for him.

Oh wait, I think I can.

It would be nice to see him retire in ATL. He's better than some of the arms we have had this past season. If you can get 10 wins, he's worth it as a #3 or #4.

The leadership and the left arm are reason enough to sign him. I'm fairly certain that he'll be a Brave again...new gm looking to make fans like him right away plus the fact that Smoltz has been pushing to get him back in Atlanta for the last few years.

Every now and then you see a feel good sports story and this one could be the spark that could lead to a special season for Atlanta. Like the Jerome Bettis Pitt Steelers Superbowl, or the Brett Farve breaking all the passing records this year and has won 9 games. I hope Tom still has a little something left in his arm.

I dont think he will be able to help much. I hope he proves me wrong though

I think he'll be a lot better than a couple of those chumps they had starting last year. Hampton being out the last 2 years has killed the Braves chances. With the emergence of Chuck James as a consistent pitcher, the Braves rotation has a chance to be pretty solid next year.

I dont think he will be able to help much. I hope he proves me wrong though

How can he not?

He's a lefty. That alone helps a lot.

He had was 13-8 last season. That's 2 more wins than anyone other than Smoltz or Hudson. Chuck James was 11-10 and pitched 40 less innings than Glavine. If he can eat up innings that's huge for the Braves.

If he were to put up the exact same numbers this season as he did last season he would help the Braves a ton...and I see him putting up much better numbers now that he's back home where his family still lives and he's once again pitching with his best friend.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great pickup for the Braves. I only wish that he could've broken that record in a Braves uniform instead of those hideous Mets unis.

Archived