This could be an interesting discussion

BamaGrad03

Of the soon to be vacant coaching jobs out there and possible candidates, what possible candidates could do the most damage, and at which school would that be?

i.e. which scenario would have you saying "man if ______ goes to THAT school...watch out"

I personally think that if Michigan would look at Chris Peterson, he could rule in the Big 11. (Assuming he got a top flight DC and let him run the D)

Of the soon to be vacant coaching jobs out there and possible candidates, what possible candidates could do the most damage, and at which school would that be?

i.e. which scenario would have you saying "man if ______ goes to THAT school...watch out"

I personally think that if Michigan would look at Chris Peterson, he could rule in the Big 11. (Assuming he got a top flight DC and let him run the D)

Les Miles will wreck Michigan. And the bama nation will commit hara kiri after sabear's plane lands in Baton Rouge. I hear Louisiana State Troopers already have a checkpoint established westbound on I-10 looking for a certain inebriated blonde chick....

"We bowlin', baby!"

Anybody with even half a brain that went to LSU could do a lot of damage there. Obviously we are seeing this to be true now, as Les Miles has much less than 1/2 of a brain.

I think a shark on an elephant's back would be insane as a coach. Even at Nebraska, or the capstone. Just coaching, while trampling and eating EVERYTHING they see!

A shark? Nah. Now a shark, with lasers, now that'd be something!

I think a shark on an elephant's back would be insane as a coach. Even at Nebraska, or the capstone. Just coaching, while trampling and eating EVERYTHING they see!

A shark? Nah. Now a shark, with lasers, now that'd be something!

Yeah, yeah! That's it! Sharks with Frickin' Lasers on their heads!

mmmwwwaaahahaahahaha....

The 3 HUGE openings after this year will be:

1. Michigan: ASSUMING Carr steps down but "Not so fast my friend." How many in a row has Meechigan won now since everyone was writing them off?

2. Nebraska: Callahan is gone, no question. To me, this is the program that could get back to the top the quickest. The tradition is overwhelming and the right coach would bring them back to prominence in 2 years, tops.

3. Texas A&M: French-A-Boney is toast. Big money, big time support. But they've never been a consistent player on a top 10 basis. They could get someone to make them very competitive but they'll never have a 5-6 year run of dominance.

My pick: Terry Bow....oh sorry, must have been the bourbon.

Bobby Petrino at Nebraska (With a top notch DC) Lock him in at $3-4 million per and let him do his stuff with great talent, great facilities, great fan base. The guy could be a College football god in 6-7 years.

2. Nebraska: Callahan is gone, no question. To me, this is the program that could get back to the top the quickest. The tradition is overwhelming and the right coach would bring them back to prominence in 2 years, tops.

My pick: Terry Bow....oh sorry, must have been the bourbon.

Bobby Petrino at Nebraska (With a top notch DC) Lock him in at $3-4 million per and let him do his stuff with great talent, great facilities, great fan base. The guy could be a College football god in 6-7 years.

My only question about Nebraska is what type of team are they wanting? With Tom Osborne back with the responsibilites of finding a coach, is he looking for the "Traditional option offense" Nebraska or will he go after a modern offense?

I can see a Petrino coming in and bringing Nebraska back. At the same time though, I think Paul Johnson could come in at Nebraska and restore a powerful option team.

I'm wondering if Butch Davis will want to head to greener pastures. He seems like a good fit at A&M or NU because he could resurrect their defenses.

Its a long shot, but Nutt might be a good fit at NU because of his penchant for a physical running game and good D. I think he'd have to rely on a good staff though, and recent history has shown flaws when choosing a supporting cast.

I thought about Petrino, but man...I just don't see him leaving after one year.

Besides, the shark with lasers would look better in houndstooth.

You don't see sabear leaving after one year, either.

I thought the same thing, but those Falcon fans aren't too happy with him. I'm not sure if it was his call or not, but trading Matt Schaub to Houston cost Atlanta big time. I thought he was a better QB than Vick anyway.

Me neither, especially the way Vick screwed him this year. I think he'll want another few years to prove to himself and others he can work at that level.

I thought the same thing, but those Falcon fans aren't too happy with him. I'm not sure if it was his call or not, but trading Matt Schaub to Houston cost Atlanta big time. I thought he was a better QB than Vick anyway.

Same here. Schaub stayed in the pocket and could consistently get the ball in the receivers' hands. Vick was a wide receiver playing QB.

I think Tommy Bowden gets canned this off-season. Tommy loses to either Wake Forest or Boston College then loses to in-state rival South Carolina....they then hire Chris Peterson....that would hurt us recruiting wise IF Peterson was successful

I think Tommy Bowden gets canned this off-season. Tommy loses to either Wake Forest or Boston College then loses to in-state rival South Carolina....they then hire Chris Peterson....that would hurt us recruiting wise IF Peterson was successful

Any chance of some UGA assistants going elsewhere next year?

not Petrino's deal. I don't even think Petrino was named the head coach before that deal was made.

Any chance of some UGA assistants going elsewhere next year?

I wish

WM isn't going to go anywhere

Bobo is only done his 1st year as OC so doubtful

Don't see anyone else significant leaving

not Petrino's deal. I don't even think Petrino was named the head coach before that deal was made.

I actually wasn't sure either. I still don't know if Patrino had a part in moving Schaub, but he was already there. Patrino was hired on Jan 8. Schaub was traded on March 22.

Here is a quote from an article I found....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807051

At the same time, the departure of Schaub indicates that new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino is sold on Michael Vick, who is said to have made a strong impression on the rookie sideline boss in their first few months working together.

Who ever decided to do this had it back-fire on them. As I stated, I think Schaub is a better QB. Still doesn't say if Patrino had a say in the trade. Either way though, the Falcon fans I know aren't impressed with BP at all. Of course it's only his first year though. I too think he'll want to stay and prove himself.

I actually wasn't sure either. I still don't know if Patrino had a part in moving Schaub, but he was already there. Patrino was hired on Jan 8. Schaub was traded on March 22.

Here is a quote from an article I found....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807051

At the same time, the departure of Schaub indicates that new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino is sold on Michael Vick, who is said to have made a strong impression on the rookie sideline boss in their first few months working together.

Who ever decided to do this had it back-fire on them. As I stated, I think Schaub is a better QB. Still doesn't say if Patrino had a say in the trade. Either way though, the Falcon fans I know aren't impressed with BP at all. Of course it's only his first year though. I too think he'll want to stay and prove himself.

ok...well I'm sure he had some say in it but they were talking about dealing schaub before he was hired. They liked having him but there was no point in having two starting qb's on the same team. Rich McKay(gm) makes the decisions. Blank trusts him.

i don't think bowden is going anywhere. if they get by wake, i think they'll beat bc. that's the kind of game clemson shows up for. they usually lose the game like this weekend. if they win both, he's solid for another two years. either way, he's not getting dumped unless he loses out.

i think petrino at nebraska would be scary. i don't think anyone can turn A&M around right away. that's a program fighting a big time uphill battle right now b/c they're sitting third in the state right now (possibly fourth). even with all the talent in texas there is a lot of work to be done.

i know this wouldn't happen, but terry bowden in baton rouge would worry me. he's the best game coach i've ever seen. terrible recruiter. terrible program builder. not a great example. but amazing game and game week coach. give him all that talent? goodness knows how much he could do before the wheels fell off the wagon (and they would).

Archived