Saban threatens to Leave Bama

PChamp119

I was listening to 680 The Fan on my way up to Knoxville this afternoon and they were blasting Saban - it was hilarious. They played a couple clips of his press conferences and it included the following:

(I put in quotes, but it is paraphrasing most words, but not the exact quote)

"All you guys care about is winning. I am trying to teach discipline and how to do things the right way. Now if these players don't want to try to work hard, then I'll leave. That is what you guys want, isn't it? All you care about is winning ball games."

I hope he stays for a few more years ...anyway....

I was listening to 680 The Fan on my way up to Knoxville this afternoon and they were blasting Saban - it was hilarious. They played a couple clips of his press conferences and it included the following:

"All you guys care about is winning. I am trying to teach discipline and how to do things the right way. Now if these players don't want to try to work hard, then I'll leave. That is what you guys want, isn't it? All you care about is winning ball games."

I'm sorry.

"The right way..." Nicky cares so much. It's painful watching someome so earnest and idealistic in such an imperfect world in which win-at-all-cost coaches throw discipline out the window and shorten suspensions mid-game. Since he only cares about doing things the right way, I'm sure he'll leave the wicked world of overpaid coaches for Division III, or better yet, volunteer his time in a Pop Warner league.

:hail: St. Nick!

:puke:

I'm sorry.

I like the show. They have some good stuff pretty often. Great Tom Glavin interview yesterday morning.

Plus, I don't have much else to choose from. Should I stick to Finebaum streaming audio?

the show is better than most others, but they can get a bit over the top sometimes and Buck being as connected to UGA as he is you have to take that slant a bit.

Either way, probably the best in the South.

I'm sorry.

I like the show. They have some good stuff pretty often. Great Tom Glavin interview yesterday morning.

Plus, I don't have much else to choose from. Should I stick to Finebaum streaming audio?

personally, i'd take the 2 live stews over a condescending yankee and patronizing good ol local boy qb.

Tom Glavine sitting in with 790 was a bit cooler as well. Just my opinion. I like 790 staying local during the daily listening period as opposed to farming out to losers like Cowherd and capping off the afternoon with two folks that take the radio format of acting holier than thou to a new level.

Actually, The SportsZone crew at 104.5 FM in Nashville beats anything in Atlanta.

I know when I lived in Nashville (90's) it was a great show with George Plaster, Joe Biddle, and some former Vandy b-ball player whose name escapes me. Easily the best sports talk show I have ever heard anywhere. I remember after the '98 UT/Florida game (It went to OT and UT committed PI on three consectutive plays in the endzone without getting flagged) that Biddle had the SEC head of officials on and actually got him to admit that UT had should have been flagged but the officials didn't because "they were affraid the UT students would start a riot." That was the year that UT won the BCS.

Archived