How long has it been since Alabama beat Auburn in football?

aulover

I had hair.

I didn't. <_<

Gas was still $1.19 a gallon.

BamaGrad03 was still walking back and forth to school, ten miles, each way, in the snow... barefoot.

The average bama fan's mullet, and or "rat-tail" was only 3 inches long as opposed to the impressive 7 inches now.

It's been a long, long time.

My youngest daughter is 8 and she was honestly surprised to learn that Alabama had ever beaten Auburn. She had argued one of her Bama friends down, insisting that it had never happened.

I had a similiar situation with my six year old son back before the season started. We were at a local amusement park here in south Georgia (we don't see too many bammers so they are very easy to spot) getting on a roller coaster. The guy in front of us was the epitome of a toothless bammer (hat, "got 12"shirt,ect.). The guy working the ride gave him a sarcastic "RollTide" as he went by. The old bammer responded with a string of curses that could be heard by everyone around the ride. He concluded by saying "WE'll be the GD SEC champs THIS YEAR MF'er, you can write it down."

My son turned to me and (loud enough for the guy to hear) said, "how can they win a championship, they've never even beaten Auburn?"

I have never been prouder of my son than I was at that moment.

It's been a long, long time.

My youngest daughter is 8 and she was honestly surprised to learn that Alabama had ever beaten Auburn. She had argued one of her Bama friends down, insisting that it had never happened.

I had a similiar situation with my six year old son back before the season started. We were at a local amusement park here in south Georgia (we don't see too many bammers so they are very easy to spot) getting on a roller coaster. The guy in front of us was the epitome of a toothless bammer (hat, "got 12"shirt,ect.). The guy working the ride gave him a sarcastic "RollTide" as he went by. The old bammer responded with a string of curses that could be heard by everyone around the ride. He concluded by saying "WE'll be the GD SEC champs THIS YEAR MF'er, you can write it down."

My son turned to me and (loud enough for the guy to hear) said, "how can they win a championship, they've never even beaten Auburn?"

I have never been prouder of my son than I was at that moment.

That's what it's all about, isn't it? B)

Got another one...Michael Jordan came out of retirement to don a Washington Wizards jersey.

Archived