Dems/ CNN guilty of what they accuse GOP/ FOX of being.

AURaptor

Digging out more CNN/YouTube plants: Abortion questioner is declared Edwards supporter (and a slobbering Anderson Cooper fan); Log Cabin Republican questioner is declared Obama supporter; lead toy questioner is a prominent union activist for the Edwards-endorsing United Steelworkers

By Michelle Malkin • November 29, 2007 12:47 AM Update: The foliage keeps blooming…a questioner working with Dick Durbin’s staff and a Richardson supporter masquerading as a Paulbot… and a former Jane Harman intern…and the “Blind Black Republican satirist” (a milder species, but still, all in the same family).

Update: Watch video of the disappearing plants. CNN cuts out Keith Kerr from the debate rebroadcast. Keep pulling those weeds…

Welcome to Horticulture Journalism 101. (Keep scrolling down for new updates to this handy CNN/YouTube illustrated plant guide.)

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/11/29/diggi...ards-supporter/

Dems have connned America into thinking FOX NEWS is bised by refusing to do a single debate on the network. Meanwhile, CNN is doing EXACTLY what the Dems accuse FOX News of doing....where's the outrage???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Digging out more CNN/YouTube plants: Abortion questioner is declared Edwards supporter (and a slobbering Anderson Cooper fan); Log Cabin Republican questioner is declared Obama supporter; lead toy questioner is a prominent union activist for the Edwards-endorsing United Steelworkers

By Michelle Malkin • November 29, 2007 12:47 AM Update: The foliage keeps blooming…a questioner working with Dick Durbin’s staff and a Richardson supporter masquerading as a Paulbot… and a former Jane Harman intern…and the “Blind Black Republican satirist” (a milder species, but still, all in the same family).

Update: Watch video of the disappearing plants. CNN cuts out Keith Kerr from the debate rebroadcast. Keep pulling those weeds…

Welcome to Horticulture Journalism 101. (Keep scrolling down for new updates to this handy CNN/YouTube illustrated plant guide.)

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/11/29/diggi...ards-supporter/

Dems have connned America into thinking FOX NEWS is bised by refusing to do a single debate on the network. Meanwhile, CNN is doing EXACTLY what the Dems accuse FOX News of doing....where's the outrage???

I'm not really sure what the outrage is supposed to be about.

The 'outrage' is simply this...... CNN posted dedicated Democrat voters on the GOP youtube debate when the format is suppose to feature questions from " undecided " registered voters who likely would vote Republican. They ever flew one of these folks in from Washinton state, clear across the country to where the debate was being heldl to be a part of the live audience. Since CNN was the one who chose the questions to be asked, out of some 5,000 submitted, it's pretty clear they allowed several folks who blatently supported Democrats, and more impoartantly, Democratic candidates to the GOP debate, all under the guise that they were 'undecided ' voters. A girl wearing a " John Edwards 08 " t-shirt, and CNN has the nerve to claim they thought she was an independent voter ? <_<

journey asking a question about abortion

1journey.jpg

and journey talking about the question later on her youtube blog -

6journey.jpg

I just got this e-mail from the Duncan Hunter campaign HQ:

HUNTER TO HILLARY CLINTON

DEBATE PLANT:

"THANKS, SEND MORE!"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 29, 2007

San Diego, CA - - - GOP Presidential candidate Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) today sent the following response to Senator Hillary Clinton who planted a member of her campaign staff in the audience to ask a question at the Republican debate last evening in Florida. The retired military general, who announced during his question that he was gay, asked the candidates about their position on the Pentagon's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy regarding homosexuals serving in the military.

November 29, 2007

Dear Senator Clinton,

Regarding the "plant", retired Brig. Gen. Keith H. Kerr, that you sent to ask me the question at the CNN-YouTube debate last night in Florida …

Send more!!!

Merry Christmas,

Duncan Hunter

Hunter is currently campaigning in South Carolina and will be appearing on the Jim Bohannan nationally syndicated radio program this evening at 10:00 p.m. (EST).

# # #

Hunter for President, Inc.

9340 Fuerte Drive

La Mesa, California 91941

United States

Rangers lead the way!!! :thumbsup:

What question was unfair?

Really, you should take the time to read the news more often. It wasn't ONE specific question, but a series of questions asked. More importanly , it was a series of questions by plants, folks who claimed to be undecided voters, but who in fact are dedicated Democrats , many working for running Dem candidates.

I am probably voting for a Republican this election as I don't like anything the Democrats are offering....

But, I saw both YouTube shows on CNN....and I read the articles above...and I still don't see what the big deal is....no question was that bad....

Really, you should take the time to read the news more often. It wasn't ONE specific question, but a series of questions asked. More importanly , it was a series of questions by plants, folks who claimed to be undecided voters, but who in fact are dedicated Democrats , many working for running Dem candidates.

I watched the debate. So what "series of questions" were so unfair? Pointless whining aside, asking a bunch of Republican candidates whether or not they support gays in the military is hardly a trick question. He served up a softball that allowed all the candidates to show their base how they're going to protect the military from gay soldiers. Which Republican was somehow damaged due to that question? Get a pacifier and calm down.

I watched the debate. So what "series of questions" were so unfair? Pointless whining aside, asking a bunch of Republican candidates whether or not they support gays in the military is hardly a trick question. He served up a softball that allowed all the candidates to show their base how they're going to protect the military from gay soldiers. Which Republican was somehow damaged due to that question? Get a pacifier and calm down.

Spoken like a true Democratunderground Lib. Are you that clueless of the severity of this issue, or simply that biased ? Fact is, CNN committed a major faux pas in journalism, either being too incompetent to vet those they invited to the show or they just simply tried to rig the GOP debate outright. You decide. Why have a openly gay retired member of the army ask GOP candidates about Don't Ask/ Don't Tell, and not any of the Democrat candidates? After all, it was the husband of one current candidate, Hillary Clinton, who INITIATED Don't Ask, Don't Tell in the 1st place. What Republicans are making that part of their platform? None. So why ask the questiuon to them ??

Spoken like a whiny little nutjob. Dems have been asked that question in debates. It is a question any Presidential candidate should expect. And, yes, CNN is incompetent. Knew that a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true Democratunderground Lib. Are you that clueless of the severity of this issue, or simply that biased ? Fact is, CNN committed a major faux pas in journalism, either being too incompetent to vet those they invited to the show or they just simply tried to rig the GOP debate outright. You decide. Why have a openly gay retired member of the army ask GOP candidates about Don't Ask/ Don't Tell, and not any of the Democrat candidates? After all, it was the husband of one current candidate, Hillary Clinton, who INITIATED Don't Ask, Don't Tell in the 1st place. What Republicans are making that part of their platform? None. So why ask the questiuon to them ??

The 'outrage' is simply this...... CNN posted dedicated Democrat voters on the GOP youtube debate when the format is suppose to feature questions from " undecided " registered voters who likely would vote Republican. They ever flew one of these folks in from Washinton state, clear across the country to where the debate was being heldl to be a part of the live audience. Since CNN was the one who chose the questions to be asked, out of some 5,000 submitted, it's pretty clear they allowed several folks who blatently supported Democrats, and more impoartantly, Democratic candidates to the GOP debate, all under the guise that they were 'undecided ' voters. A girl wearing a " John Edwards 08 " t-shirt, and CNN has the nerve to claim they thought she was an independent voter ? <_<

journey asking a question about abortion

1journey.jpg

and journey talking about the question later on her youtube blog -

6journey.jpg

I've not seen where the format/questions was to be as narrow as ""undecided" registered voters who likely would vote republican." Here's

from youtube announcing the debates. There's no mention that debate questions or questioners must be "party specific" as you claim. Maybe you're "outraged" because you misunderstood the format involved.

Also in the announcement video, they say that some "a few select users" will be flown in to the live debates. That sounds above board to me.

Interestingly, this debate was rescheduled because the candidates "couldn't make it."

The CNN/YouTube Republican debate was the debate that almost didn't happen. Originally scheduled for September, several of the front-runners, including John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, and Mitt Romney, said they wouldn't be able to make it. Former Massachusetts Governor Romney was the most adamantly opposed to the new debate format. "I think from what I've heard that level of respectfulness was breached." Romney said. "I don't know if it makes sense to have people running for president answering questions posed from snowmen." (Billiam the Snowman was interested in hearing the Democrats' views on global warming.)

Upon hearing that the GOP hopefuls were getting cold feet, Republican bloggers and activists banned together and created SavetheDebate.com, a website encouraging the Republican candidates to get on board. Even the snowman asked candidate Romney to "lighten up slightly." The debate was saved and rescheduled for this week—making it even more influential, according to one of the SavetheDebate.com founders, Patrick Ruffini, since it is now one of the last GOP debates before the important Iowa caucuses held in early January. And even more questions were submitted for this debate than for the Democratic debate—about 2,000 additional—including one from Billiam the Snowman asking Romney how he responds to being called a "flip-flopper."

2. (At Least Some) GOP-Friendly Questions

Once the debate was rescheduled, the focus of SavetheDebate.com transitioned. The website's founders encouraged conservatives to submit questions on issues of particular interest to Republican voters in hopes that they would challenge the perception that Republicans are less Web-savvy than their Democratic counterparts. Browsing through some of the almost 5,000 submissions, Ruffini and Rob Bluey, a blogger for the conservative-leaning Heritage Foundation, said they were pleased with the quality of the questions coming from conservatives; however, they said they didn't want CNN to pick all conservative questions for the candidates.

"I hope that they have some tough questions that come from the left and come from the right," Bluey said. "Nobody wants to see them select softball questions." However, Ruffini noted that the majority of the questions posed to the Democrats at their CNN/YouTube debate in July seemed to be coming from Democratic voters. "It's now up to the moderators to ask questions that are broadly representative of the political spectrum," Ruffini said.

3. Nothing Too Controversial

However, leaving the question choices up to CNN was a point of contention for the Democratic debate and continues to be controversial for the Republican one as well. While there is a mixed bag of questions CNN can choose from, one comment by CNN's David Bohrman caught the attention of bloggers. Bohrman told the New York Times that CNN would be pitching out any Democratic "gotcha" questions, using gay marriage and abortion as examples. TechPresident's Josh Levy asked his readers why Republicans couldn't answer questions about gay marriage. "Wait, I'm confused. I thought gay marriage and abortion were also Republican issues?" he wrote. Marty Kaplan, blogging on the Huffington Post's website, also railed against CNN's editorial control, saying the decision to strip the debate of "heartfelt inquiries about gayness in America" was disrespectful to members of Log Cabin, an organization for gay Republicans, as well as other gay Republicans. Ruffini pointed out that CNN couldn't be too biased in its selection process because all the questions submitted are posted online. This layer of transparency could allow someone to go through and examine whether the network's selections were too partial after the debate.

LINK

Wow...the Heritage Foundation actually wanted some hard questions from the left and the right. CNN was not going to air questions about gay marriage or abortion and right wing bloggers cried foul.

Again, what is the outrage supposed to be about?

I'll type this again, slowly, so you can follow along. The outrage is about CNN presenting questions from alleged undecided voters who in reality are plants, folks stead fastly dedicated to other Dem candidates, asking questions of Republicans which weren't asked of Democrats. If you don't see the inherrent problem w/ voters asking questions who have clear agendas , while posing as something they clearly aren't, then you're essentially all for election fraud. Which would make you a Democrat anyways.

I'll type this again, slowly, so you can follow along. The outrage is about CNN presenting questions from alleged undecided voters who in reality are plants, folks stead fastly dedicated to other Dem candidates, asking questions of Republicans which weren't asked of Democrats. If you don't see the inherrent problem w/ voters asking questions who have clear agendas , while posing as something they clearly aren't, then you're essentially all for election fraud. Which would make you a Democrat anyways.

You're forcing a square peg into a round hole. The format wasn't presented as you pretend it was. The stated purpose was for the questions to come from "ordinary people" not "undecided, republican-leaning people." Just because you've misunderstood the format doesn't mean that "outrage" is warranted. This is like calling for outrage because baseball players don't run clockwise around the bases.

Questions are questions ans should be handled by the candidates but the problems with CNN are deeper than just the tone of the questions.

1. Many of the question were provocative and were deleberately planted by Demcorat operatives in a supposedly "undecided" voter format. I have no problem with hard questions but don't lie to me about your background or your motives.

2. The selection of questions from "conservative" voters were characatures of gun-toten red necks or bible thumpers which reflected CNN's twisted view of conservatives.

3. CNN is in the Democrats (especially Hillary Clinton) camp by they way they conduct the pampered questioning of Democrats versus the attacks on the Republican candidates. CNN showed the double standard so dearly loved by liberals, the rules of fair play just do not aplly to them.

4. Not one question carried the disussion of the future of this country forward but centered on petty issues desigened to ridicule the conservative viewpoint. No questions on the economy, no questions on post Iraq security, no questions on immigration. CNN acted more as PT Barnum and conducted a circus.

CNN has clearly shown they are not a legitiamate news agency and should never be allowed to moderate a serious deabte. CNN has assumed the role of shill for the Democrat party and nothing reported by them should be viewed as truthful or complete.

Questions are questions ans should be handled by the candidates but the problems with CNN are deeper than just the tone of the questions.

1. Many of the question were provocative and were deleberately planted by Demcorat operatives in a supposedly "undecided" voter format. I have no problem with hard questions but don't lie to me about your background or your motives.

2. The selection of questions from "conservative" voters were characatures of gun-toten red necks or bible thumpers which reflected CNN's twisted view of conservatives.

3. CNN is in the Democrats (especially Hillary Clinton) camp by they way they conduct the pampered questioning of Democrats versus the attacks on the Republican candidates. CNN showed the double standard so dearly loved by liberals, the rules of fair play just do not aplly to them.

4. Not one question carried the disussion of the future of this country forward but centered on petty issues desigened to ridicule the conservative viewpoint. No questions on the economy, no questions on post Iraq security, no questions on immigration. CNN acted more as PT Barnum and conducted a circus.

CNN has clearly shown they are not a legitiamate news agency and should never be allowed to moderate a serious deabte. CNN has assumed the role of shill for the Democrat party and nothing reported by them should be viewed as truthful or complete.

This was the first question of the night:

Ernie Nardi: This is Ernie Nardi from Dyker Heights in Brooklyn, New York, with a question for the ex-Mayor Giuliani.

Under your administration, as well as others, New York City was operated as a sanctuary city, aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

I would like to know, if you become president of the United States, will you continue to aid and abet the flight of illegal aliens into this country?

The second question of the night:

Michael Weitz: Good evening. There are thousands of people in Canada and Mexico waiting to come to America legally. They want to become American citizens. They want to be part of the American dream. Yet, there are those in the Senate that want to grant amnesty for those that come here illegally.

Will you pledge tonight, if elected president, to veto any immigration bill that involves amnesty for those that have come here illegally?

The third question of the night:

Jack Brooks: Hammered by competition with imports, our family- owned business struggles each year to find seasonal workers. We've been working with a seasonal guest-worker program, the H2B program, bringing in and sending home workers every year.

But with Congress failing to enact a comprehensive immigration and guest worker bill, I want to know whether I'll have a job next year. What are you going to do to keep these guest workers coming to the U.S. to save our business?

Later in the evening:

Buzz Brockway: Hello. My name is Buzz Brockway from Lawrenceville, Georgia. All the talk about the war in Iraq centers around how quickly we can get out. I think that's the wrong question. We need to make a permanent or long-term military commitment to the region.

By staying in Iraq, we provide long-term stability to the region, we provide support for our allies, and we act as a deterrent to the trouble-makers in the region. Which presidential candidate will make a permanent of long-term military commitment to the people of Iraq?

Thank you.

You really don't know anything more than standard, knee-jerk responses that are based on anything but fact, do you? You neither watched it live or recorded nor did you even bother to read a transcript, yet, feel compelled to inject your nonsense into a thread whose subject you don't have the faintest clue about.

Ernie Nardi: This is Ernie Nardi from Dyker Heights in Brooklyn, New York, with a question for the ex-Mayor Giuliani.

Under your administration, as well as others, New York City was operated as a sanctuary city, aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

I would like to know, if you become president of the United States, will you continue to aid and abet the flight of illegal aliens into this country?

Michael Weitz: Good evening. There are thousands of people in Canada and Mexico waiting to come to America legally. They want to become American citizens. They want to be part of the American dream. Yet, there are those in the Senate that want to grant amnesty for those that come here illegally.

Will you pledge tonight, if elected president, to veto any immigration bill that involves amnesty for those that have come here illegally?

Jack Brooks: Hammered by competition with imports, our family- owned business struggles each year to find seasonal workers. We've been working with a seasonal guest-worker program, the H2B program, bringing in and sending home workers every year.

But with Congress failing to enact a comprehensive immigration and guest worker bill, I want to know whether I'll have a job next year. What are you going to do to keep these guest workers coming to the U.S. to save our business?

Later in the evening:

Buzz Brockway: Hello. My name is Buzz Brockway from Lawrenceville, Georgia. All the talk about the war in Iraq centers around how quickly we can get out. I think that's the wrong question. We need to make a permanent or long-term military commitment to the region.

By staying in Iraq, we provide long-term stability to the region, we provide support for our allies, and we act as a deterrent to the trouble-makers in the region. Which presidential candidate will make a permanent of long-term military commitment to the people of Iraq?

Thank you.

You really don't know anything more than standard, knee-jerk responses that are based on anything but fact, do you? You neither watched it live or recorded nor did you even bother to read a transcript, yet, feel compelled to inject your nonsense into a thread whose subject you don't have the faintest clue about.

WOW talk about knee jerk reactions!

Later in the evening:

Thank you.

WOW talk about knee jerk reactions!

No...call it responding to your moronic post.

So CNN conducts fair and unbiased debates. TA, I'm not the moron.

You haven't shown me where the debate was unfair or biased. You don't even have a clue what CNN did or didn't do. You've proven that in your earlier post. You simply pull out your same old tired, shopworn responses. It's the "same post, different thread" with you. You claimed that CNN didn't ask questions on immigration or Iraq security. I provided some that I found just by skimming over the transcript. You're clueless. But, the sad part is that you seem to be so proud of it.

You haven't shown me where the debate was unfair or biased. You don't even have a clue what CNN did or didn't do. You've proven that in your earlier post. You simply pull out your same old tired, shopworn responses. It's the "same post, different thread" with you. You claimed that CNN didn't ask questions on immigration or Iraq security. I provided some that I found just by skimming over the transcript. You're clueless. But, the sad part is that you seem to be so proud of it.

Moron sighted!

Moron sighted!

I'll take it by this that you can't, AS USUAL, provide any facts that support your many wild assertions. Again, it's really sad that you are so proud of your cluelessness.

You may take it that you are unable to grasp the obvious.

Oh, I have a firm grasp on the obvious. It's obvious that you didn't watch this debate. It's obvious that you know very little about anything you comment on. It's obvious that despite these two facts you make foolish assertions and defend them with nothing more than empty rhetoric and slogans which makes you look even more foolish. It's obvious that this is a habitual problem for you and, as such, it's obvious that you are in over your head in this forum.

The list of Democrat operatives at the two debates has been documented in many sources . Who were the Republican operatives at the CNN debates?

TigerAL, you can get as personal as you want but the fact is CNN should never be allowed to do these debates again. They are simply not trustworthy.

You're forcing a square peg into a round hole. The format wasn't presented as you pretend it was. The stated purpose was for the questions to come from "ordinary people" not "undecided, republican-leaning people." Just because you've misunderstood the format doesn't mean that "outrage" is warranted. This is like calling for outrage because baseball players don't run clockwise around the bases.

The format was as I stated, which is why CNN apologized for screwing things up in the first place. They admitted the Brig General wouldn't have been flown down, had hey known who he was. Same goes w/ about half a dozen others.

But had CNN known beforehand of Kerr's Clinton connection, he would have been passed over in favor of someone else with a similar question, (CNN's Washington bureau chief, David ) Bohrman added.

"I wish we had known," he said.

He said the network's primary goal in vetting questions had been to avoid "obvious Democratic `gotcha' questions" and fact-check any statements contained within the questions.

He described the CNN/YouTube format as a learning process.

When CNN apologizes, the game is up. You've got nothing to hide behind now, so stop wasting time by acting as if you've got a valid point. You do not.

Archived