Two More Bama Players Arrested

JBC1124

According to reports the reason it is 3rd degree assault is they got half way thru beating the guy and then started fighting amongst themselves and the whole thing fell apart.java script:emoticon(' :lol: ', 'smid_14')

:lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Response from a bammer board when I brought up the arrests:

not to hijack the thread, but in response to the comment by the barnophile... i'm glad players in Tuscaloosa get arrested for acting a fool and causing trouble.

you should know that players all over the country at all schools and football programs screw up and get into trouble. it's the ones you don't hear about that you should be worried about. they are the ones who end up in PRISON after college because they were never held accountable to the standard that the world has for a member of society.

So this is nothing unusual....a 1-player-arrest-per-month program average is normal.

The bammers are doing their usual spin on this. They were just walk-ons, they were just freshmen, it was just an argument over a girl, no big deal, blah, blah, blah. One of these days one of their players is going to do something really serios and it will be interesting to watch the spin.

They say they discipline their palyers more than we do. BS. Do they know who Sears, Blackmon and Lester are? bama/Saban discipline is a friggin joke.

I love the "it's the teams where you DON'T see any players getting arrested that you have to worry about" line. Players who don't get arrest in college wind up in PRISON because they were not held to a high enough standard.

Unbelievable. Classic bammer logic.

Look people... Kids do dumb crap all the time. I take it a few of you were in college at one point. I'd be willing to bet you did something wrong that got you arrested, or should have. This is in no way making excuses. What they did should never have happened, and I hope they enjoyed the team, b/c they will no longer be on it.

I know you are enjoying this, but keep in mind we are talking about 18-22 year old kids.

I hope they enjoyed the team, b/c they will no longer be on it.

Exactly...just like, B. Deaderick & Co., S. Castille, and the five players accused of stealing book money from the University are no longer on the team. :rolleyes: Saban's "zero tolerance" for run-ins with the law is well documented.

On a more serious note, however, I am soo tired of excuses for acts of violence. Don't give me the ol' "Boys will be boys" or "we all make stupid mistakes when we're young" crap. When will our society stop teaching that violence is excusable or an acceptable response to hurt feelings? I don't care if someone insults me, my wife/girlfriend, my parents, my children, my god or my prophet, etc.-- physical violence is NEVER an appropriate response to verbal confrontation !! The is ABSOLUTELY no reason to tolerate violence or resort to it because of mere words. Call me, my family, or anyone else anything you want--words NEVER justify violence!!

I love the "it's the teams where you DON'T see any players getting arrested that you have to worry about" line. Players who don't get arrest in college wind up in PRISON because they were not held to a high enough standard.

Unbelievable. Classic bammer logic.

Yeah, it's not like $aban is the one doing the arresting. He presents merely getting arrested as if that's discipline. As if in every college town athletes are allowed to just run around assaulting everyone they see.

And "boys will be boys" applies to 18-20 year olds getting caught with beer. Not "making derogatory remarks" to a woman and proceeding to assault the man she was with who objected to the comments.

I don't care if someone insults me, my wife/girlfriend, my parents, my children, my god or my prophet, etc

What if your girlfriend insults your wife?

j/k quietfan.

In truth, though, I agree with you. A few words shouldn't result in an assault. However, people are getting "more sensitive" these days. By "more sensitive" I mean looking for reasons to fight.

I hope they enjoyed the team, b/c they will no longer be on it.

Exactly...just like, B. Deaderick & Co., S. Castille, and the five players accused of stealing book money from the University are no longer on the team. :rolleyes: Saban's "zero tolerance" for run-ins with the law is well documented.

On a more serious note, however, I am soo tired of excuses for acts of violence. Don't give me the ol' "Boys will be boys" or "we all make stupid mistakes when we're young" crap. When will our society stop teaching that violence is excusable or an acceptable response to hurt feelings? I don't care if someone insults me, my wife/girlfriend, my parents, my children, my god or my prophet, etc.-- physical violence is NEVER an appropriate response to verbal confrontation !! The is ABSOLUTELY no reason to tolerate violence or resort to it because of mere words. Call me, my family, or anyone else anything you want--words NEVER justify violence!!

I wish I could say that but I am just not "wired" that way. I have gotten a lot better since I am married and have children, but I damn sure wasn't in college. I didn't go out looking for a fight by any means...but there were times that I didn't walk away...

Football players and college kids are going to get in trouble of some kind. Fights are going to happen. If this was an isolated incident, I would agree that this is no bg deal. The fact is though it's not isolated. This crap keeps happening within the program. It's not the fact that these kids got in a fight, it's the fact that these kids got into a fight in addition to all of the other arrests and the "book" incident. There is something going seriously wrong with the program and Saban needs to clean it up. I would have thought after the last incident that Saban all but threatened every one of the players within an inch of their life if they got in trouble...but apparently not.

I don't care if someone insults me, my wife/girlfriend, my parents, my children, my god or my prophet, etc

PARTICULARLY in that case am I anti-violence, since if my wife and girlfriend ever met, I would be the victim of the violence...and I'm pretty sure they could successfully dispose of body! :o

[Kidding of course...Fortunately, I'm happily and safely divorced at the moment! :rolleyes: ]

PARTICULARLY in that case am I anti-violence, since if my wife and girlfriend ever met, I would be the victim of the violence...and I'm pretty sure they could successfully dispose of body! :o

[Kidding of course...Fortunately, I'm happily and safely divorced at the moment! :rolleyes: ]

I guess I disagree. I didn't say a word to the bama fan that reached across me to give my mom the double bird at point blank range. I grabbed him by his sweatshirt collar and the deer in the headlights expression told me he heard my point loud and clear. I don't advocate violence all the time, but there is a time when words no longer do the trick. And be forewarned, if anyone insults MY mom, girlfriend, or wife, you will come away looking worse for it. Say what you want about my God. He can handle his own business. And I think you'd rather me handle it for him. Something about bolts of lightning and flaming sulphur if i remember right. Remember, our freedoms weren't won through negotiations. As the Byrds remind us, for everything there is a time and a season. A time for peace, and a time to fight.

I guess I disagree. I didn't say a word to the bama fan that reached across me to give my mom the double bird at point blank range. I grabbed him by his sweatshirt collar and the deer in the headlights expression told me he heard my point loud and clear. I don't advocate violence all the time, but there is a time when words no longer do the trick. And be forewarned, if anyone insults MY mom, girlfriend, or wife, you will come away looking worse for it. Say what you want about my God. He can handle his own business. And I think you'd rather me handle it for him. Something about bolts of lightning and flaming sulphur if i remember right. Remember, our freedoms weren't won through negotiations. As the Byrds remind us, for everything there is a time and a season. A time for peace, and a time to fight.

GREAT POST!

I get what you guys are saying, and I'm not trying to make excuses. You all say that there is a lack of discipline, but most of the acts have been one time problems. You compare Simeon Castille with thugs, when no one has ever heard of him getting into trouble before. Saban tells these guys what to do and not to do. He can't make them not do it. When someone f's up, he does what he thinks is correct to fix it. You guys would be crazy if you didn't admit that Shula was horrible about this, and it's obvious that his players had trouble adjusting. Should Saban have done a few things differently? Probably. I seem to recall a player for Auburn, Blackmon (?), that got into all kinds of trouble, but was allowed to come back, and from what I can tell, really changed his act. I never ripped on Tubs for doing that. He did what he felt was best for the team and the player. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I get what you guys are saying, and I'm not trying to make excuses. You all say that there is a lack of discipline, but most of the acts have been one time problems. You compare Simeon Castille with thugs, when no one has ever heard of him getting into trouble before. Saban tells these guys what to do and not to do. He can't make them not do it. When someone f's up, he does what he thinks is correct to fix it. You guys would be crazy if you didn't admit that Shula was horrible about this, and it's obvious that his players had trouble adjusting. Should Saban have done a few things differently? Probably. I seem to recall a player for Auburn, Blackmon (?), that got into all kinds of trouble, but was allowed to come back, and from what I can tell, really changed his act. I never ripped on Tubs for doing that. He did what he felt was best for the team and the player. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Your post doesn't hold water at all...

1) Blackmon was suspended for 6 games AND a bowl game.

2) How many one time problems can a team have? If there are 99 one time problems, does that still count as only one time and so the coach should get a pass?

3) How has Saban done ANYTHING about any of it? (Besides suspending Hall for a game and then letting him play in the second half of said game because Alabama was getting their a** handed to them by UL-Monroe)

Saban does what he thinks will pad his W column. Which in turn pads his EGO and his wallet. I haven't seen anything that says he sticks to a punishment.

Now the two guys that got arrested HAVEN'T been found guilty, so I have no problem waiting to see what if anything will be done If they are found guilty. Ice Cream anyone?

Do you want to bet he can't make them not do it? Just keep them out of a game or two (a quarter or two won't do it), and I'll bet they'd straighten right up. Or, if they don't, maybe leave them out 3 or 4 games. And if they still won't do it, they're off the team. Simple.

And I don't agree that $aban does what he thinks will fix it. That's the problem. He doesn't do anything.

And don't give me that crap about Blackmon. He was allowed to come back - after 6 months. Think $aban would suspend one of his best players for 6 months?

I seem to recall a player for Auburn, Blackmon (?), that got into all kinds of trouble, but was allowed to come back, and from what I can tell, really changed his act.

You recall correctly. However, please note that he was suspended for 6 games. Tuberville is probably a over-disciplinarian if anything, but I'd rather have it that way. Despite everyone calling these guys kids and excusing their actions, I disagree. They are capable of signing leases, having well-paying jobs (if not collegiate atheletes), buying beer (some), voting, and any other aspect of being a self-supported independent person. I don't think the kid thing applies here. They all know right/wrong and act accordingly to how they feel the outcome of their choice will be. That is why discipline is so important on teams. The players could go so far askew it ins't even funny if they know they will not have any reprecusions for their actions. Just think, some of the guys they graduated HS with are supporting families.

Haha, I was using Blackmon as an example of multiple problems. Sure, DJ shouldn't have played on senior day, but he did. I'm not willing to over look this year, it DID happen, but I look forward to next few years. He kicked one of his best players off the team when he was at LSU, so he will take care of stuff. You guys are just having fun at 'Bama's expense right now and that's ok. This is hard argument to win, much less justify some parts on Saban's end. lsu or Auburn will never give Alabama or Saban any credit when things go right, but you are more than happy to jump and point when you see a problem with other people's program. Hell, we've sucked for 8 years! We should be used to most of it.

And I don't agree that $aban does what he thinks will fix it. That's the problem. He doesn't do anything.

Do you not realize that Hall was suspended? Did you forget that Saban suspended the text book violators?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

lsu or Auburn will never give Alabama or Saban any credit when things go right, but you are more than happy to jump and point when you see a problem with other people's program. Hell, we've sucked for 8 years! We should be used to most of it.

When/if he actually has anything go right, I'll give him credit for it.

This is hard argument to win, much less justify some parts on Saban's end.

That sure won't stop you guys from trying.

That's all we're doing here. Pointing out the obvious and shutting down bammer spin.

Archived