Would you rather be Saban'd or Petrino'd?

bigsixfive

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be

• Saban'd
    • Petrino'd

Choosing between the two is like deciding whether you want your hands cut off with a butter knife or your eyes gouged out with a piece of broken glass. Either way you are left disfigured and disabled. Only an idiot would want either one.

Would their own mothers be able to tell them apart? (hint: little nicky is the one with a large sack of redneck "tainted" money!!!)

In my opinion the whole question boils down to who charges more for the vasoline while they're telling you to bend over...and Nick's the higher priced whore.

That's a hard question to answer. Really, the situations are totally different. From Petrino's end, he wound up getting involved in a mess that he had no way of seeing when he joined up. We have no way of knowing what he was told about the Vick incident from the PTB in Atlanta. I'm not taking up for him, because he left in about the worst way possible. He had to have some hard feelings for that organization to leave things the way he did. It was totally gutless.

Saban, on the other hand, was dealing with a mess of his own making. He is such a control freak that he demanded total control over operations. He had no one to blame but himself for the mess that team got into (and look at where they are today). He saw a lifeboat floating by and he took it before the ship (that he created) went down. He left everyone else associated with the program to deal with his failure. The bonus for Nick was that the lifeboat happened to be the most desperate AD to ever lead a coaching search. What a country! You absolutely run an NFL team in the ground and some fool pulls a Brink's truck up to your door and offers you a king's ransom as a bailout. Come to think of it, I don't know if I blame Ole Nick.

One thing you can be sure of from either one if you're a player, coach, fan, or administrator; DON'T TURN YOUR BACK on either of these guys.

Archived