Oct. 18 -- Ole Miss

Oct. 25 -- at Tennessee

Nov. 1 -- Arkansas State

Nov. 8 -- Mississippi State

Nov. 15 -- at LSU

Nov. 22 -- TBD or OPEN

Nov. 29 -- Auburn

I got this from al.com

I still say 6-5. Aren't they still going to have to schedule a 12th game? Bet it won't be ULM.

6-5? How can this be possible? Didn't they hire a $4 million dollar genius?

Oh, wait, nevermind.....................

6-5? How can this be possible? Didn't they hire a $4 million dollar genius?

Oh, wait, nevermind.....................

Well, they did hire someone that's getting $4M. Don't think genius is exactly the word I was thinking about, though.

Please show me the 6 Wins? That is a fairly tough schedule in general.

I see wins against:

Tulane

Ole Miss

Arky State

Please show me 3 more solid wins. I can see maybe 3 possibles.

Don't get me wrong not a bash I think it will take at a minimum 2-3 years for the program to turn around, and with the road schedule next year I just don't see Bama stepping it up a notch, especially if half the team is cut.

We've had this discussion already, but I'll play again.

Aug. 30 -- vs. Clemson in Atlanta* L

Sept. 6 -- Tulane* W

Sept. 13 -- TBD or OPEN

Sept. 20 -- at Arkansas L

Sept. 27 -- at Georgia L - JPW is benched.

Oct. 4 -- Kentucky W

Oct. 11 -- TBD or OPEN

Oct. 18 -- Ole Miss W

Oct. 25 -- at Tennessee L

Nov. 1 -- Arkansas State W

Nov. 8 -- Mississippi State L

Nov. 15 -- at LSU L

Nov. 22 -- TBD or OPEN W - Whoever they schedule for their 12th.

Nov. 29 -- Auburn L

5-7?

Sounds too unreasonable. They'll beat Arkansas, Miss St, or Clemson. I can't see them beating all three.

QB sucks. Running backs are decent. Youth at receiver. Weak D-Line. Loss of Castille will hurt.

O-line will be better. Linebackers will be good.

I think JPW gets benched sometime during the season. They'll have to start their soph or Starr Jackson. Either way, this is a definite building year for Bama. How the Bammers and Saban handles it after that, I don't know.

I think it's all but certain that the Clemson game won't take place in 2008.

We open with Western Kentucky, unless something has happened that I'm unaware of.

What an ubelieveably easy scheudle. They have weeks off in between the tough matchups. A whole summer to prepare for CU, then 4 weeks to UGA, then 4 weeks to UT, then 4 weeks to LSU, then 2 to AU.

Not sure which schedule is correct but there seems to be several floating around out there.

8/30 W Kentucky

9/6 Tulane

0/13 Clemson

9/20 Arkansas

9/27 UGA

10/4 Kentucky

10/11 OPEN

10/18 Ole Miss

10/25 Tennessee

11/1 Arkansas State

11/8 Mississippi State

11/15 LSU

11/22 OPEN

11/29 AUBURN

http://secfootball.itgo.com/2008schedule.html

What an ubelieveably easy scheudle. They have weeks off in between the tough matchups. A whole summer to prepare for CU, then 4 weeks to UGA, then 4 weeks to UT, then 4 weeks to LSU, then 2 to AU.

Oh no? We are only going to win 5 or 6, why you complaining?

Not sure which schedule is correct but there seems to be several floating around out there.

8/30 W Kentucky

9/6 Tulane

0/13 Clemson

9/20 Arkansas

9/27 UGA

10/4 Kentucky

10/11 OPEN

10/18 Ole Miss

10/25 Tennessee

11/1 Arkansas State

11/8 Mississippi State

11/15 LSU

11/22 OPEN

11/29 AUBURN

http://secfootball.itgo.com/2008schedule.html

Clemson in the Georgia Dome is out. With that said, I'm guessing that we'll take a bye before Arkansas or Ole Miss, and schedule a non-conference opponent before the Auburn game.

I'm not so sure how easy the schedule is, bigsixfive. At Arkansas, at Georgia, at Tennessee, at LSU, trading Vandy for Kentucky, and the Auburn game? There's no marquee out of conference squad, but the SEC schedule is brutal enough.

That's a tough road schedule, it's basically what we had this year, just sub Tennessee in for Florida. Assuming they don't play Clemson, as wincrimson said, I see anywhere from 3 to 5 losses.

Without Petrino, I would have said that Bammer would beat :arky: in Fayetteville, yet with Petrino, I think they get killed. Of course, it depends on who Arkansas can keep around for next year.

:om: will be that much tougher, but I still think Bammer can sqeak out a win against Nutt before he can make the Rebs into a "decent" team. Same goes for :msu: . I think $aban will pull it out in a toughy, plus, it remains to be seen what Croom can do to follow up this year's success.

I predict losses to UGA, UT, LSwho, and AU of course as what I would consider very very likely. :uk: could be interesting, but they won't be near the same team they were this year, so I think Nicky can pull one out in that game too.

7-5 - a shot at the Music City, or definitely the Liberty.

8-4 - at best with a shot at Chick-Fil-A, but probably Music City.

I'm not so sure how easy the schedule is, bigsixfive. At Arkansas, at Georgia, at Tennessee, at LSU, trading Vandy for Kentucky, and the Auburn game? There's no marquee out of conference squad, but the SEC schedule is brutal enough.

I'm counting on Arkansas and UK being down next year. Arkansas is going to be a work in progress for at least a year. That offense is in shambles after the draft.

You guys have no faith in the system. I'm guessing an uninterrupted march to the National Championship game.

Actually, I couldn't type that with a straight face. Alabama will need a lot of luck to squeeze out 7 wins. The talent pool hasn't bottomed out yet.

The talent pool hasn't bottomed out yet.

So you think the guys we are bringing in now are less talented than those brough in under shula and Fran's 49th ranked class?

So you think the guys we are bringing in now are less talented than those brough in under shula and Fran's 49th ranked class?

Not sure you're bringing anybody in right now - isn't signing day in February 2008? :poke:

Not sure you're bringing anybody in right now - isn't signing day in February 2008? :poke:

You're right. All those signess are gonna dump us at the last minute.

8/31 or 9/1 Clemson

9/6 Tulane

0/13 WKU

9/20 Arkansas

9/27 UGA

10/4 Kentucky

10/11 OPEN

10/18 Ole Miss

10/25 Tennessee

11/1 Arkansas State

11/8 Mississippi State

11/15 LSU

11/22 OPEN

11/29 AUBURN

There may be some shuffling, but these are the teams. Opening weekend is Labor Day weekend and the game will be played on Sunday or Monday.

BG, the talent will look its worst when those classes (if they are as thinly talented as you say) are seniors. Small/poor senior classes affect every single aspect of a team. You don't win titles with those senior classes.

As for the schedule, I dunno if you play Clemson. If so, they're the more talented team, but you never ever know what a Tommy Bowden team is going to look like. You just don't. He's had teams start out firecracker hot and suck down the stretch. He's had teams look awful early and great late. You never know.

Tulane, WKU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas State should be layups.

Kentucky and Arkansas are going to be worse, not just from losing Woodson and McFadden but other guys as well. I don't think Petrino is a good enough coach to turn Casey Dick into a good QB (or find 3-4 competent receivers out there) so that'll take time.

Bama has had UT's number lately. I'd say UT is more talented, but losing Ainge, I'd probably give Bama the edge there. MSU is right there talent-wise with Bama, and they've learned how to win tight games. That's a toss-up with the home field favoring Bama.

UGA, LSU, and Auburn all have MUCH better talent. Any of those games would be big time upsets if Bama could pull them off.

Early, early prediction: 7-5 with wins over Tulane, WKU, UK, Ole Miss, UT, ASU, and MSU. I don't expect Bama to have much success on the road next year. This would put them at 1-4 in road/neutral games.

"BG, the talent will look its worst when those classes (if they are as thinly talented as you say) are seniors. Small/poor senior classes affect every single aspect of a team. You don't win titles with those senior classes."

This Senior class is, by far, the worst I've ever seen at Bama. Last years wasn't much better. Next years will be quite a bit better than this one, but still way off from where they will be. After that, they should all be good.

"BG, the talent will look its worst when those classes (if they are as thinly talented as you say) are seniors. Small/poor senior classes affect every single aspect of a team. You don't win titles with those senior classes."

This Senior class is, by far, the worst I've ever seen at Bama. Last years wasn't much better. Next years will be quite a bit better than this one, but still way off from where they will be. After that, they should all be good.

How many of them made the All SEC team again?

Next years will be quite a bit better than this one, but still way off from where they will be. After that, they should all be good.

They'll be better because just a few will even sniff the field.

Depends on who's list you look at. Two of our most productive Seniors were Gilberry (the last player signed that year that was overlooked) and Mustin, a walkon. Other than that, Castille underperformed this year. Caddell, surprisingly, showed up while Keith Brown didn't. Other than Britt, our weakest OL, and Marcus Carter, that's about it for this Senior Class.

You're right. All those signess are gonna dump us at the last minute.

No, that's not what was said. Signing day is in February of 2008. You won't know for sure who is coming and who is not until then. No matter who has said now that they are signing. Nothing is sure until you have his signature.

Archived