Asked WVU Board about CNS hire...

DKW 86

CNS to WVU?

I`d rather go back to playing Waynesburg and VMI than have that dirtbag representing my alma mater.
We just had one of those coaches leave.
Saban is a first class A-hole
R U out of your mind? Nicky is worse than Rod when it comes to loyalty....pathetic question.

CNS to WVU?

I`d rather go back to playing Waynesburg and VMI than have that dirtbag representing my alma mater.
We just had one of those coaches leave.
Saban is a first class A-hole
R U out of your mind? Nicky is worse than Rod when it comes to loyalty....pathetic question.

Well, one can always hope....

Good luck to them in finding a coach.

I would think it would be difficult, considering that state makes east Tennessee look like Beverly Hills.

I would think it would be difficult, considering that state makes east Tennessee look like Beverly Hills.

The only thing that makes Tuscaloosa look any better was that Brinks truck full of money that Mal backed up to Nick's door.

Do the WVU board's feelings towards RR come strictly from his move to UM, or has he been disliked up there for awhile? I don't follow WVU so I don't have a clue about their situation.

Did RR pull any type of Sabtrino moves in his leaving WVU, or are they just pissed in general because he's an alum and they thought after the Bama situation last year that he wouldn't leave? Or are they just pissed because this is the second coach Michigan has taken from them in the past year?

No clue on that one. Im confused by the Loyalty comment when he coached there for 7 years.

Sooner or later he was going to take a dip in another pool. Coaches don't retire at a school very often. Unless its their last stop on a trail of coaching jobs.

The only thing that makes Tuscaloosa look any better was that Brinks truck full of money that Mal backed up to Nick's door.

Untrue. How people think T-Town is a sub-par place is beyond me.

Now, if I showed you a picture of my house and neighborhood, you would call me a snob. And it's servants quarters compared to Saban's.

Now, if I showed you a picture of my house and neighborhood, you would call me a snob. And it's servants quarters compared to Saban's.

Have you ever heard the saying,"...you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." People think T-Town is a sub-par place because it looks like $h!t-h0le and it smells worse. Nothing worse than a small town with an industrial flavor.

"Rut-Row Raggy"

Link

Nick Saban’s Agent Contacts WVU

Posted on December 17, 2007 by Charley West

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed.

Stay tuned.

To be honest, I have been to Tuscaloosa before I had any real opinion either way on the ways of Auburn and Alabama football.

Tuscaloosa is pretty run down. I had no idea it was a college town. It looked like every other low income back lot town I had driven through on the way somewhere else.

Driving into Auburn is pleasant and scenic with a beautiful appearance from the edge of town to the school and from the school out.

Tuscaloosa just left me feeling that it was a crappy town. Ill admit I didn't tour the whole city, but what I saw wasn't very nice looking.

That was before my Auburn shaded glasses got put on. Now I just can't see why anyone would want to live in Tuscaloosa over Auburn.

I have been there several times because I have some female friends there and I must confirm that it indeed a s#!tty place. It is smack in the middle of the ghetto and I feel like I am in constant danger. Oh, and it smells like all get out!

I should have put a little :poke: there before. I'm sure there are parts of Tuscaloosa that aren't as run down as some others (I'll have to take your word for it, I've never seen them). However, I'm sure there are parts of WV that are pretty nice, too.

BTW, if you showed me a picture of your house and neighborhood, I'd call you an insecure prick for thinking that I'd be impressed by a picture of a big house ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

To be honest, I have been to Tuscaloosa before I had any real opinion either way on the ways of Auburn and Alabama football.

Tuscaloosa is pretty run down. I had no idea it was a college town. It looked like every other low income back lot town I had driven through on the way somewhere else.

Driving into Auburn is pleasant and scenic with a beautiful appearance from the edge of town to the school and from the school out.

Tuscaloosa just left me feeling that it was a crappy town. Ill admit I didn't tour the whole city, but what I saw wasn't very nice looking.

That was before my Auburn shaded glasses got put on. Now I just can't see why anyone would want to live in Tuscaloosa over Auburn.

Ditto. I went to T-Town while looking at schools - before I had decided on Auburn (and honestly before I knew exactly where Auburn was) and was not impressed at all. It reminds me of Riverdale, Ga.

I haven't seen the list lately but Tuscalooser ussed to be a perrenial Top 10 in the highest crime rate in the country for cities it's size.

It's just a big ghetto with a mental institution in town.

"Ladies and gentleman, I proudly stand here today to accept the HC job at WV, the best coaching job in the country. My coming here is part of The Process. What is The Process you ask? It is what it is. But out of that mushroom cloud that is now hovering over Tuscaloosa will come a new beginning and great things for us here at Morgantown.

By the way, when I landed in Tuscaloosa they had a nice blond waiting to give me a kiss. Whatta you guys got."

---Nick Saban

"Ladies and gentleman, I proudly stand here today to accept the HC job at WV, the best coaching job in the country. My coming here is part of The Process. What is The Process you ask? It is what it is. But out of that mushroom cloud that is now hovering over Tuscaloosa will come a new beginning and great things for us here at Morgantown.

By the way, when I landed in Tuscaloosa they had a nice blond waiting to give me a kiss. Whatta you guys got."

---Nick Saban

:big:

Untrue. How people think T-Town is a sub-par place is beyond me....

They have been to other places to compare to West Vance. Pretty easy to call Ttown sub-par, even in Alabama. Now, I have to admit, Ttown is probably the fourth nicest place in the state. . . . of Mississippi.

Do the WVU board's feelings towards RR come strictly from his move to UM, or has he been disliked up there for awhile? I don't follow WVU so I don't have a clue about their situation.

Did RR pull any type of Sabtrino moves in his leaving WVU, or are they just pissed in general because he's an alum and they thought after the Bama situation last year that he wouldn't leave? Or are they just pissed because this is the second coach Michigan has taken from them in the past year?

I've heard (no link - this was on the radio) that CRR and the PTB at WV didn't get along too well. For some reason, I think it was specifically the AD.

sure about that? do you get out of this state much? Alabama has a lock on the redneck image thanks mostly

to bammers.

Link

Nick Saban’s Agent Contacts WVU

Posted on December 17, 2007 by Charley West

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed.

Stay tuned.

Just wondering, what part off this report is "confirmed"--only that Nick's agent contacted WVU (and isn't that Sexton who basically tosses his clients' names into every vacancy that ever develops?), or the part about Saban being "extremely unhappy" in Tuscaloosa?

Also, if true, doesn't Saban realize that if he bails on uat after only one year following what he did to the Dolphins (also, to some degree, walking out on LSU after getting the most lucrative contract in college football following his BCS ring), his name will be mud and no one--not even people as delusional as Bammers--will ever trust him again?

Wonder how it feels to know your career peaked in 2003 and everything is down hill from there?

I would think it has something to do with the fact that RR was almost basically hired for the UAT job last year and pulled out at the last second when WVU raised the money to give him a new contract to keep him. Then he bolts the next year anyway.

This ESPN article about how RR is trying to get out of his WVU buyout clause by suing the university, may explain whey their fans hate him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3159677

Untrue.

actually VERY TRUE

How people think T-Town is a sub-par place is beyond me.

We've actually been there, unlike 95% of your fan base. I actually have a cousin that attended uat and his family has lived in Northport for over 25 years. His son actually attends uat now. Been there many times. T-town is basically a cesspool, In appearance and smell...

well you are a lot of things here, so might as well add snob to the list. However, why would we call you a snob over showing a picture of your single wide with 3 stripped cars out front? :poke:

Untrue. How people think T-Town is a sub-par place is beyond me....

They have been to other places to compare to West Vance. Pretty easy to call Ttown sub-par, even in Alabama. Now, I have to admit, Ttown is probably the fourth nicest place in the state. . . . of Mississippi.

Now THAT'S gonna' leave a mark. :moon:

sure about that? do you get out of this state much? Alabama has a lock on the redneck image thanks mostly

to bammers.

Nuh-uh. Paul ******** said so along with bashing Rodriguez's wife as sour grapes for him punking bammers.

If it makes you feel better to believe they're less evolved than these people, go right ahead.

O43521.jpg

59354087_9d1aa9ff5b.jpg

Archived