SI: CTB to WVU

DKW 86

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/...-rodriguez.html

Michigan's good fortune comes at the expense of West Virginia fans, now reeling from their second crippling blow this month. (And unlikely to be comforted by rumors that native Terry Bowden -- out of coaching since 1998 -- is believed to be Rodriguez's most likely successor). The first was a gut-wrenching Dec. 1 loss to arch-rival Pittsburgh that knocked the Mountaineers out of the BCS title game.

Ironically, that same result also paved the way for Sunday's regime change. Had West Virginia won that game, Rodriguez would likely have been off the market and Miles may well have wound up in Ann Arbor; instead, Miles is the one preparing a national-title date with Ohio State while Rodriguez is taking over at Michigan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/...-rodriguez.html

Michigan's good fortune comes at the expense of West Virginia fans, now reeling from their second crippling blow this month. (And unlikely to be comforted by rumors that native Terry Bowden -- out of coaching since 1998 -- is believed to be Rodriguez's most likely successor). The first was a gut-wrenching Dec. 1 loss to arch-rival Pittsburgh that knocked the Mountaineers out of the BCS title game.

Ironically, that same result also paved the way for Sunday's regime change. Had West Virginia won that game, Rodriguez would likely have been off the market and Miles may well have wound up in Ann Arbor; instead, Miles is the one preparing a national-title date with Ohio State while Rodriguez is taking over at Michigan.

So, who's doing the first fark of CTB and his blue and yellow WVU tie???? :roflol:

I saw that in the NY Times last night. I LOLed quite hardily. I guess WVU is ready to give the inmates the keys to the asylum.

Wonder if they would buy out the home&home from us or if Bowden would have the huevos to play is old employer in his second game back as a something other than a peewee coach. Sounds like a Lifetime movie....

Surely someone at WVU got their Bowdens mixed up. "You got Terry in my Tommy.... two taste, one decent, the other Ora-Ida's finest...."

I had a dream last night that Tuberville decided that Auburn would not play WVU next season because Terry Bowden was the head coach at West Virginia. He didn't care who Auburn would wind up playing instead.

(I realize it is not up to Tuberville to decide)

Why would he need to take the job? Doesn't he still have Auburn by the neck?

Or am I totally wrong in saying that he is one of the people you guys have on the payroll?

Or am I totally wrong in saying that he is one of the people you guys have on the payroll?

ask gene stallings

You are wrong. NEXT?

p.s. S I X ! ! !

Wrong. He's long gone.

Considering that was 9 years ago that he was fired/resigned/left to investigate other opportunities, yeah he is off the payroll and has been since 2003 IIRC.

Like they all said, you are wrong and know it, but it would be funny if you asked that again in a month or so, or maybe next year so people will forget your funny line.

Remember that show "Early Edition?" This thread is like the opposite of that...

... and it belongs in the Rivals section...

... and already mentioned like twice now

See this is the part where I guess you ask a mod to move it and combine it. We can't all be as grand as you.

See this is the part where I guess you ask a mod to move it and combine it. We can't all be as grand as you.

That has gotten soo old. And mods don't need to be told when to merge it. They will already know because... well.. they actually know where things go. Most of us actually check to see if a topic exists before we post...

This guy is definitely still on your payroll. :roflol::roflol:

Link

Is that for real? Tell me that is the WVU "Auburner" site..

I'd put as much creedence as the reports from Fayetteville a couple of weeks ago. :puke:

But it is still funny to me.

As with any of these stories, be ever skeptical, but with Petrino’s rain of back-daggers on Tuesday, perhaps Nick Saban and agent felt the need to flex their skills just to show the new kid in town who the real tiger-style master is.
:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Linkity-Do-Da

Considering that was 9 years ago that he was fired/resigned/left to investigate other opportunities, yeah he is off the payroll and has been since 2003 IIRC.

10 years actually.

One of your dumber posts.

10 years actually.

9 years. He abandoned ship October 23rd 1998.

Archived