Never have I seen so much animosity with slavery

SouthLink02

Well, we do pay our perceived slaves more than they pay their sugar cane workers. Hawaii is not known for treating laborers very well. So how could they get on the south for something that went away many years ago and not see their own shortcomings when it comes to treating an ethnic group like slaves. just watch Dog. There are plenty of slums in Hawaii.

I can't remember the last time slavery was brought up outside of a classroom and I have lived in Alabama my whole life. I don't know why and where people get their misconceptions about the South but they just show their laughable ignorance.

You know what? I liked watching Hawaii play. The QB is without question one of the most accurate passers I've ever seen. They are exciting to watch and I'm sure they will score on UGA. However ... ... their defense couldn't be more worse unless they laid down before the ball is snapped. Against UW, they dang near gave up a last second TD after finally taking the lead in the last minute or so. They let UW move the ball the length of the field down to about the 2-3 yd line and get into position to score a TD. They were so lucky to win that game -- and UW sucks hind teat in the PAC-10. The only uncertainty about the game is how diverse UGA will be in running left, right, up the middle, under, over & through that Diverse Warrior Nation defense.

It is weird....whenever UGA plays a team in a bowl that we aren't used to from another part of the country.....we get the redneck jokes, south jokes, etc.....am used to that

But you head over to the Hawaii forums and it is slavery this, slavery that.....just really odd

This is a post in what I am talking about and there are many others just like it....

I know kinda understand what Bama fans were talking about when they were playing Hawaii and how utterly weird they are.....

When the Warriors rumble out onto the Sugar Bowl turf on New Years Evening, America will witness in them everything we hope to become as a nation someday. For in the warrior nation... America will see a coalition of race, creed, and culture so diverse yet so dynamic and wound together so tightly that together they have forged a brotherhood so powerful that they've vanquished every opponent put in their path. The Warriors represent what our nation can become if we ever put race, prejudice and hatred behind us and work as one toward a common goal.

The Warriors as a team have embued their spirit into their fans and into their State. When America looks into the Hawaii stands at the Sugar Bowl, they''ll see the same rainbow coalition of faces joined in spirit behind their team. Every race living and working together in the spirit of Aloha forging a powerful force and a mana so strong that very few can overcome it.

In contrast, across the field we'll see the past... a part of our nation we'd like to forget. In the stands a sea of white faces many of them decended from former slave owners cheering on a team where 90 percent of the starters are decended from former slaves. These African American players from Georgia will witness the spirit and power of the warrior nation and when it's over win or lose they'll wish they were a part of the Warrior nation, instead of being the white man's mercenary at the University of Georga.

Beware Bulldog nation you may be Goliath but a whole lot of Davids of every color and creed are decending upon you and their sling shots are loaded....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=219&f=1...6&t=1677838

:blink::blink:

What a bunch of idiots.... We got the same crap from the KSU fans before the game. But it's OK...after you kick their arses, you won't hear anything out of them. Go DAWGS!

:au::homer:

It really is disconcerting that so many people in different parts of the country still hold such a negative view of the South. Someone else mentioned the Kansas State fans earlier this year, and now this.

Maybe if any of them actually go to New Orleans to watch the game they will actually open their eyes while they are there and see that things have changed a lot.

Seriously, the simple one-two punch that will shut them up is:

1) Kauwa.

2) "I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore or whatever. It's not because she's black, it's because we use the word 'n****r' sometimes here (Hawaii)." - Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Just come back with something about their scumbag quarterback who tried to rape a girl in the Colorado dorms when he was drunk his freshman year...

On January 28, 2004, Brennan entered the dorm room of a University of Colorado coed uninvited and, according to the coed "exposed himself and fondled her."[3] Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. [2] After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was almost immediately kicked off the team.[4]

Link

I was hoping no one made the "Hawaii supports sexual predators like Colt 'If the door ain't locked it's consensual'" joke. Beat me to the punch.

Who really cares what about a shcool who celebrates scoring by throwing trash on the field (and not just the players.)

Please, Georgia, do us all a favor and do what you did to Boise State a few years ago to Hawaii.

From Scout IN

Clash of cultures at Sugar Bowl

Josh Kendall of DawgPost.com, Dec 17, 2007

ATHENS – Hawaii coach June Jones speculated Monday that no Georgia player has ever met a person of Polynesian descent, and he probably would be right if not for cornerback Thomas Flowers

This is interesting that no player on the UGA roster knows a Polynesian. The same could be said for 80% of the folks on this board as well as the South as a whole.

Having been around the Army and having spent time around the 25th Infantry Div (25th is out of Hawaii); I met several 'white' and 'black' soldiers from the all parts of the country who after spending a few years stationed in Hawaii absorbed themselves in that culture. The 25th has a ample number of Polynesian guys in the Division, but it seemed like everybody loved listening to that 'Hawaiian' music and knew some of the language. They really thought of themselves as 'Hawaiian' and part of the 'big family'.

I don't think the same can be said for kids from the Midwest or New England who are stationed at Ft. Benning or Ft. Stewart, GA with the 3rd Infantry Div.

Come on guys, let's cut these boys some slack. They have never, in the history of the program, had an occasion to talk smack to ANYONE about ANYTHING football related.

This is just their one little chance to stick their chest out a little. Next year they will disappear into oblivion. We just have to deal with them for a little while.

Come on guys, let's cut these boys some slack. They have never, in the history of the program, had an occasion to talk smack to ANYONE about ANYTHING football related.

This is just their one little chance to stick their chest out a little. Next year they will disappear into oblivion. We just have to deal with them for a little while.

I would much rather them talk smack about football than generalize the South as a bunch of racist former slave owners.

I would much rather them talk smack about football than generalize the South as a bunch of racist former slave owners.

Go brush your tooth, Bammer.

My point is that since they've never had a chance to talk smack before, they are obviously not very good at it. Too bad they won't be around long enough to get good at it.

Seriously, the simple one-two punch that will shut them up is:

1) Kauwa.

2) "I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore or whatever. It's not because she's black, it's because we use the word 'n****r' sometimes here (Hawaii)." - Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Actually you left off the 3rd punch:

September 2 Northern Colorado W 63-6 1-0 (0-0)

September 8 at Louisiana Tech W 45-44 2-0 (1-0)

September 15 at UNLV W 49-14 3-0 (1-0)

September 23 Charleston Southern W 66-10 4-0 (1-0)

September 29 at Idaho W 48-20 5-0 (2-0)

October 7 Utah State W 52-37 6-0 (3-0)

October 12 at San Jose State W 42-35 7-0 (4-0)

October 28 New Mexico State W 50-13 8-0 (5-0)

November 10 Fresno State W 37-30 9-0 (6-0)

November 16 at Nevada W 28-26 10-0 (7-0)

November 23 No. 19 Boise State W 39-27 11-0 (8-0)

December 1 Washington W 35-28 12-0 (8-0)

January 1 vs No. 5 Georgia 8:30 PM ET Fox

..........One of these things is not like the others......one of these things is not the same...... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I defend our area of the nation and you come back with some stupid junk. If you're going to insult me, at least wait until I do something that deserves it.

I defend our area of the nation and you come back with some stupid junk. If you're going to insult me, at least wait until I do something that deserves it.

:cry3:

You're new here, so I'll explain a bit. A lot of smack on this board (and throughout this state) between Bama and Auburn fans sometimes results to little quips like "Go brush your tooth" or "You live in the past" or "You ain't nothing but a cow college." I found it humorous that you were asking the Hawaiians to talk smack about football and not stupid junk when we often times talk smack about stupid junk instead of football. Oh well, the comment is what it is. Enjoy your time here, Hypnotoad.

From Scout IN

Clash of cultures at Sugar Bowl

Josh Kendall of DawgPost.com, Dec 17, 2007

ATHENS – Hawaii coach June Jones speculated Monday that no Georgia player has ever met a person of Polynesian descent, and he probably would be right if not for cornerback Thomas Flowers

This is interesting that no player on the UGA roster knows a Polynesian. The same could be said for 80% of the folks on this board as well as the South as a whole.

Having been around the Army and having spent time around the 25th Infantry Div (25th is out of Hawaii); I met several 'white' and 'black' soldiers from the all parts of the country who after spending a few years stationed in Hawaii absorbed themselves in that culture. The 25th has a ample number of Polynesian guys in the Division, but it seemed like everybody loved listening to that 'Hawaiian' music and knew some of the language. They really thought of themselves as 'Hawaiian' and part of the 'big family'.

I don't think the same can be said for kids from the Midwest or New England who are stationed at Ft. Benning or Ft. Stewart, GA with the 3rd Infantry Div.

1) Thomas Flowers. June Jones "speculated" that UGA none of the players knows a Polynesian. It's an ignorant thing to say as proven by the fact that there is a Polynesian ON THE TEAM.

2) AWK and I had a Polynesian roommate for a semester. He's a good friend of both of ours.

:cry3:

You're new here, so I'll explain a bit. A lot of smack on this board (and throughout this state) between Bama and Auburn fans sometimes results to little quips like "Go brush your tooth" or "You live in the past" or "You ain't nothing but a cow college." I found it humorous that you were asking the Hawaiians to talk smack about football and not stupid junk when we often times talk smack about stupid junk instead of football. Oh well, the comment is what it is. Enjoy your time here, Hypnotoad.

You ain't nothing but a cow college ;)

It is funny reading something like that from a state that loathes its inclusion as a state. Their state moto is "just mail us your tourism money but keep your butt on the mainland. We want your cash but not your presence."

Isn't their main export 'Ice'? And I ain't talking about ice cubes.

And you are dead on rebdawg. All they do is complain about the mainland, but there sure as hell want our cash.

Archived