Saban replacing Rodriguez?

AU007

I'm like the majority of folks on this board. I don't really think Saban is going anywhere, but I think it's great for the bammer nation to get a little taste of their own medicine.

Karma's a bitch ain't it.

Not really. The logical Bama fans didn't see any truth to this, and weren't worried in the least.

As far as the Tubberville to A&M/Arkansas rumors, they were far more believeable than this. The reason being, is that Tubbs could actually use them as leverage to get more out of Auburn. What is Saban gonna say, "Hey guys, I'm gonna leave to go to a 2 million job unless you give me a raise from 4 to 5 and get rid of my buyout." ? I'm pretty sure I know what CMM would say to that.

No, the rumor of CTT to Arkansas was NOT more believeable than $aban to WVU. CTT was NEVER going to Arkansas. And yes, you would leave a job for less money, if you hated the first job and it made you miserable. And who is CMM?

I'm like the majority of folks on this board. I don't really think Saban is going anywhere, but I think it's great for the bammer nation to get a little taste of their own medicine.

Not really. The logical Bama fans didn't see any truth to this, and weren't worried in the least.

As far as the Tubberville to A&M/Arkansas rumors, they were far more believeable than this. The reason being, is that Tubbs could actually use them as leverage to get more out of Auburn. What is Saban gonna say, "Hey guys, I'm gonna leave to go to a 2 million job unless you give me a raise from 4 to 5 and get rid of my buyout." ? I'm pretty sure I know what CMM would say to that.

No, the rumor of CTT to Arkansas was NOT more believeable than $aban to WVU. CTT was NEVER going to Arkansas. And yes, you would leave a job for less money, if you hated the first job and it made you miserable. And who is CMM?

Coach Mal Moore.

I didn't say Tubberville would have gone to Arkansas, because I'm not him. But, I think that whole deal was more believeable because of what Auburn (the school, not the fans) did to him...or rather, attempted to do to him a few years back. I'm sure that still sticks in his craw, and maybe he would make a somewhat laterall move to Arkansas to finish out his career. I say almost lateral because I bet Arkansas would pay him almost as much, or the same as Auburn, but of course wouldn't get the same talent. I think he used all that to get what he got out of Auburn this go round, and it was a very smart move by him.

:angryfire::banghead:

Saban isn't going to WVU. Quit bringing up stories like he is. He isn't going anywhere. They mine as well have said Big Bird's name was surfaced. Saban's name came up on a stupid web site with negative credentials. Yea... not even 0%. It's only cuz of what he has done in the past and because he is from WVU. What a stupid thread...

What's next... tomorrow you are going to hear that Terry Bowden is on the list?

i say this rumor stays around as long as possible. idiot bammers kept dragging up aTm over and over and over again all because CTT coached there. They also claimed he was a lock for arkansas because he is from there. no way is this happening but it's sure as hell fun to joke about.

Post of the freakin' week. Why is it okay for the Mullet Nation to drag the CTT to A&M rumor through the mud for months? NO VALIDITY TO IT, WHATSOEVER!!!!! One idiot SPECULATED about it and it took off with the uneducated masses. But Saban to WVU is off limits???

If a Bammer jumps off a bridge, do you follow?

Not to defend, but the CTT to TAM rumor was a lot stronger than Saban. A lot of people brought it up.

Seriously guys. PC is being blasted for this? Yes, we know his record.

See the bold points above. They are actually... um, kinda true?

Point being made, it seems that if you back up 2 steps... he's pointing out the same point all of us are. Saban isn't going to WVU.

Too bad PC had to stretch it too far, but... really?

Keep on topic.

Totally disagree with you. Why is it PC's job to bash people on here that post current news articles on the subject? PC is putting up more of a fight to dismiss these rumors than he did the Arky or TAMU ones.

Coach Mal Moore.

I didn't say Tubberville would have gone to Arkansas, because I'm not him. But, I think that whole deal was more believeable because of what Auburn (the school, not the fans) did to him...or rather, attempted to do to him a few years back. I'm sure that still sticks in his craw, and maybe he would make a somewhat laterall move to Arkansas to finish out his career. I say almost lateral because I bet Arkansas would pay him almost as much, or the same as Auburn, but of course wouldn't get the same talent. I think he used all that to get what he got out of Auburn this go round, and it was a very smart move by him.

Thanks Paul. You show that you know absolutely nothing about the situation at all.

Coach Mal Moore.

Thanks Paul. You show that you know absolutely nothing about the situation at all.

Enlighten me then, Gene.

I don't see where the "Tubs to A&M" rumors were stronger. Tubs NEVER had any contact with A&M (or Arkansas for that matter). The only reason that the rumors were "stronger" is that ******** kept it first and foremost in the minds of bammers through the state. The Tubs rumors were entirely fabricated by bammers and they were no stronger than the Saban to WVU.

how do you know there was never any contact? its odd that whenever something like this comes up about Bama we hear all kinds of black helicopter theories. "there are alot of ways to talk backchannel" and things like that, but if its about an AU coach "oh theres NO WAY he EVER even though about talking to anybody". personally, i don't know of alot of Bama fans that are worried about it. i just know alot of AU fans who are wishful of it. you don't know anymore than i do whether CTT or somebody on his behalf actually talked to Arky. i don't know anymore than you do whether CNS or somebody on his behalf actually talked to WVU. but i can say i really really don't see it happening, and i think it is pure BS.

but if its about an AU coach "oh theres NO WAY he EVER even though about talking to anybody".

The only way Tubbs is leaving Auburn is in a pine box IMO.

I don't see where the "Tubs to A&M" rumors were stronger. Tubs NEVER had any contact with A&M (or Arkansas for that matter). The only reason that the rumors were "stronger" is that ******** kept it first and foremost in the minds of bammers through the state. The Tubs rumors were entirely fabricated by bammers and they were no stronger than the Saban to WVU.

how do you know there was never any contact? its odd that whenever something like this comes up about Bama we hear all kinds of black helicopter theories. "there are alot of ways to talk backchannel" and things like that, but if its about an AU coach "oh theres NO WAY he EVER even though about talking to anybody". personally, i don't know of alot of Bama fans that are worried about it. i just know alot of AU fans who are wishful of it. you don't know anymore than i do whether CTT or somebody on his behalf actually talked to Arky. i don't know anymore than you do whether CNS or somebody on his behalf actually talked to WVU. but i can say i really really don't see it happening, and i think it is pure BS.

So, brainiac, by your logic, you have no proof that Saban's agent isn't putting the finishing touches on a contract right now to go to WVU. You know, "backchannels", and all of that.

If you took time to read my entire post you would have seen the part where I said that I DON'T EXPECT SABAN TO LEAVE. My point was that all of these coaching search rumors have gotten out of hand. Between the internet and idiots on the radio, these things get blown way out of proportion. The only reason that the Tubs rumors hung around as long as they have is because a nameless jacka** who has a daily sportstalk radio show in this state brayed it over the airwaves for as long as possible. Since he is, in fact, Nick Saban's love child, he won't respond in kind to rumors of Saban leaving UA.

My entire point was that I feel that all of these are rumors, no more. The fact that what went around when it was Tubs has now come back around for Saban. Excuse me, but I find that a little funny.

The Tuberville rumors had no validity whatsoever. The man never spoke with anyone. His agents never spoke with anyone. He was never in danger of leaving. Period. He laughed at reports that said he was.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE is Slimebomb was behind the Tuberville rumors and he's not sticking with this one. To protect "The Process".

PChamp. Seriously. Your defense for the validity of these rumors are that more people were spreading the Tuberville ones?

A ) Saban's name is brought up in every article I've read about the job.

B ) The whole argument here is that Tubs rumors were more widespread and believed, and the Saban rumors are muffled. That's some circular chicken-or-egg thinking if I've ever heard it. They're less widespread because they're less widespread?

CMM: Um...er...Nick, can I just detail your car again instead of a raise? These guys are killin me about your salary already.

CMM: Um...er...Nick, can I just detail your car again instead of a raise? These guys are killin me about your salary already.

:P

but if its about an AU coach "oh theres NO WAY he EVER even though about talking to anybody".

Wow, clever and original. Did you think of that one all by yourself?

Coach Mal Moore.

Enlighten me then, Gene.

Nice hustle with the Gene/Paul thing. Good work.

Bama fans like to bring up the 2003 thing like it's some kind of major deal. It's not. The water ran out from under that bridge a long time ago. These are business people making business decisions and nothing's personal on either side.

He didn't get anything of any real consequence out of this deal. He wasn't holding out for more money, more control or any of that. Most of what you're repeating is media speculation about things they knew little to nothing about.

Was Arkansas interested in him? Or A&M? Or LSU? Perhaps. But in retrospect there's nothing at all to indicate that Tuberville was looking for an exit path. The only people who continue to cling to that fallacy are Finebum and his toadie Shat.

Wow, clever and original. Did you think of that one all by yourself?

Just a little light-hearted joke, buddy.

Saban was seen at WV b/c he is from there, right? Where it Tubs from, Ark if I'm not incorrect. I seem to remember Pinebox said one of his dream jobs was to coach at Arkansas. That is probably why most people see that one as more valid than Saban, or just as valid.

PChamp,

Try to add something to the thread instead of just coming right in and bashing it. Nobody wants to hear your complaining. My question to you is...why are you getting so tore up about rumors pertaining to Saban leaving UAT? I could understand if it was about CTT, because as an AU student/fan, you are closer to that situation. Yet, you seem to be reacting more hostile about Saban rumors then you did about the CTT to A&M and Arky rumors.

FYI...when somebody is posting an article about a rumor, then the poster is not exactly starting or keeping the rumor alive or they?. That is why we have the no link/article, rule when it comes to the rumor mill. ( I have PM'ed the poster asking them to include a link or cite the source since it is not included in the thread).

pchump IS a uater. Nothing new about that fact. Simply posing as an AU Fan and talking the same old uat garbage. Filter him asap.

p.s. On the other hand, if he passes a bridge and wants to take a swim...hmmmmm.....

PChamp,

Try to add something to the thread instead of just coming right in and bashing it. Nobody wants to hear your complaining. My question to you is...why are you getting so tore up about rumors pertaining to Saban leaving UAT? I could understand if it was about CTT, because as an AU student/fan, you are closer to that situation. Yet, you seem to be reacting more hostile about Saban rumors then you did about the CTT to A&M and Arky rumors.

FYI...when somebody is posting an article about a rumor, then the poster is not exactly starting or keeping the rumor alive or they?. That is why we have the no link/article, rule when it comes to the rumor mill. ( I have PM'ed the poster asking them to include a link or cite the source since it is not included in the thread).

pchump IS a uater. Nothing new about that fact. Simply posing as an AU Fan and talking the same old uat garbage. Filter him asap.

p.s. On the other hand, if he passes a bridge and wants to take a swim...hmmmmm.....

Good God man, give that a rest.

I rarely agree with PChamp either. This particular topic I disagree with him more than most even.

But the man is not a Bama fan, that's clear and simple.

At least stop copying and pasting this response on every topic he graces.

Not a uater?....You must be smokin' from the same pipe. While you are entitled to your opinion, the evidence says he is a west vancester...all the way.

Yeah...PC is not a bama fan...he may be more pesemistic than most of us, but I think he loves AU.

Also, I firmly believe there was more to the Arkansas thing than most people here. Whether it was to get more money from Auburn or he was interested in going for a split second, there was SOMETHING there...that's just my opinion though...

Do I think Saban is headed to WVU? Probably not.

Do I think Saban has/is talking to WVU? Without a doubt.

Do I think Saban is looking to get out of Thugscaloosa? Absolutely. If he isn't then he needs his head examined. If not for the ravid, unrealistic fanbase and overbearing rogue boosters, then at least because the city itself is a latrine. The highest violent crime rate of any city in America with a population under 100,000. Why would anyone want to live in such a rundown hell hole?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=321922

Tom Dienhart

Profile | SportingBlog | Archive | E-mail Dienhart

Holliday, Bowden lead West Virginia search

E-MAIL PRINT COMMENTS 2 WATCH THIS TOPIC

Posted: December 22, 2007

It appears West Virginia will choose between Florida assistant coach Doc Holliday and former Auburn coach Terry Bowden. But Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett also is in the hunt, along with Central Michigan coach Butch Jones.

Sporting News also has been told that West Virginia governor Joe Manchin is exploring if the school could come up with a way to lure Nick Saban from Alabama. It is a long shot, but a push is being made for Saban, who is friends with the governor.

Sporting News also has been told that West Virginia governor Joe Manchin is exploring if the school could come up with a way to lure Nick Saban from Alabama. It is a long shot, but a push is being made for Saban, who is friends with the governor.

I take back what I said two posts ago. Saban may be going to WVU.

Archived