Saban replacing Rodriguez?

AU007

12/20/2007

Final Decision Not Made

Staff

Morgantown

Even though there's rampant speculation about the top candidate to be the next football coach at West Virginia, interviews with candidates will continue through the weekend with no formal announcements scheduled.

Four candidates with ties to WVU have been interviewed including Florida assistant Doc Holliday, former Auburn Coach Terry Bowden, Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett and Central Michigan Head Coach Butch Jones.

WVU Athletic Director Ed Pastilong has said the university will continue a broad search including interviews with candidates not necessarily tied to the WVU program.

Other names that have surfaced include Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator Bud Foster, Illinois offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, Florida State Offensive Coordinator Jimbo Fisher and Alabama Coach Nick Saban.

Doc Holliday returned to practice with the Florida Gators Wednesday saying he had not heard from WVU since his interview. Terry Bowden told his syndicated radio audience that his interview went well. The interview with Butch Jones took place in Michigan.

Governor Joe Manchin told reporters Thursday morning he has nothing to do with the search for a new coach.

"We're going to be fine, but I'm totally out of this process," he said. "I should be."

Manchin says he still hasn't spoken with former Coach Rich Rodriguez.

I think it was just acknowledging that his name came up in the press.

:angryfire::banghead:

Saban isn't going to WVU. Quit bringing up stories like he is. He isn't going anywhere. They mine as well have said Big Bird's name was surfaced. Saban's name came up on a stupid web site with negative credentials. Yea... not even 0%. It's only cuz of what he has done in the past and because he is from WVU. What a stupid thread...

What's next... tomorrow you are going to hear that Terry Bowden is on the list?

i say this rumor stays around as long as possible. idiot bammers kept dragging up aTm over and over and over again all because CTT coached there. They also claimed he was a lock for arkansas because he is from there. no way is this happening but it's sure as hell fun to joke about.

i say this rumor stays around as long as possible. idiot bammers kept dragging up aTm over and over and over again all because CTT coached there. They also claimed he was a lock for arkansas because he is from there. no way is this happening but it's sure as hell fun to joke about.

Post of the freakin' week. Why is it okay for the Mullet Nation to drag the CTT to A&M rumor through the mud for months? NO VALIDITY TO IT, WHATSOEVER!!!!! One idiot SPECULATED about it and it took off with the uneducated masses. But Saban to WVU is off limits???

Post of the freakin' week. Why is it okay for the Mullet Nation to drag the CTT to A&M rumor through the mud for months? NO VALIDITY TO IT, WHATSOEVER!!!!! One idiot SPECULATED about it and it took off with the uneducated masses. But Saban to WVU is off limits???

If a Bammer jumps off a bridge, do you follow?

Not to defend, but the CTT to TAM rumor was a lot stronger than Saban. A lot of people brought it up.

hmmm...jump and see if anyone here follows you...

Not to defend, but the CTT to TAM rumor was a lot stronger than Saban. A lot of people brought it up.

tuberville to a&m was nothing more than some flunky alabama media reporters wet dreams. There was NEVER anything credible there. EVER... Personally, I love this. I think its hilarious. I would love to see saban jump ship and run to a better program and send the uaters into a frenzy that has never been seen. However, I also like witnessing the PROCESS....and its FAILURE.... It's a win win....

You set new stupidity records every time you post.

The "rumor" was stronger because more people brought it up? Insanity. A rumor's relative strength relies on the validity thereof. There was no validity, therefore no strength.

Lots of people believe that Bill Gates is going to send them $50 after they forward his email to 100 people. More people than brought up the A&M rumor, in fact. So I guess Bill really IS going to send out that check?

The "rumor" was stronger because more people brought it up? Insanity. A rumor's relative strength relies on the validity thereof. There was no validity, therefore no strength.

Lots of people believe that Bill Gates is going to send them $50 after they forward his email to 100 people. More people than brought up the A&M rumor, in fact. So I guess Bill really IS going to send out that check?

Tuberville to West Virginia...

oops I created a rumor. Must be just as big as the Texas A&M rumor and Saban to West Virginia as well...

Galen wears a cowgirl outfit and rides a toy horse...

It's all treated the same. They are all equally as strong...

Incase you didn't realize, all rumors have different strength. The number of people reporting it does make it strong. Otherwise, all you have are true and untrue rumors. And thus, you cannot truly judge a rumor then. That's bogus

PChamp,

Try to add something to the thread instead of just coming right in and bashing it. Nobody wants to hear your complaining. My question to you is...why are you getting so tore up about rumors pertaining to Saban leaving UAT? I could understand if it was about CTT, because as an AU student/fan, you are closer to that situation. Yet, you seem to be reacting more hostile about Saban rumors then you did about the CTT to A&M and Arky rumors.

FYI...when somebody is posting an article about a rumor, then the poster is not exactly starting or keeping the rumor alive or they?. That is why we have the no link/article, rule when it comes to the rumor mill. ( I have PM'ed the poster asking them to include a link or cite the source since it is not included in the thread).

oops I created a rumor. Must be just as big as the Texas A&M rumor and Saban to West Virginia as well...

Incase you didn't realize, all rumors have different strength. The number of people reporting it does make it strong. Otherwise, all you have are true and untrue rumors. And thus, you cannot truly judge a rumor then. That's bogus

Do you have any idea how ridiculous your argument is? It's completely baseless and frivolous.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous your argument is? It's completely baseless and frivolous.

I think the first part of your question is your answer.

:angryfire::banghead:

Saban isn't going to WVU. Quit bringing up stories like he is. He isn't going anywhere. They mine as well have said Big Bird's name was surfaced. Saban's name came up on a stupid web site with negative credentials. Yea... not even 0%. It's only cuz of what he has done in the past and because he is from WVU. What a stupid thread...

What's next... tomorrow you are going to hear that Terry Bowden is on the list?

Seriously guys. PC is being blasted for this? Yes, we know his record.

See the bold points above. They are actually... um, kinda true?

Point being made, it seems that if you back up 2 steps... he's pointing out the same point all of us are. Saban isn't going to WVU.

Too bad PC had to stretch it too far, but... really?

Keep on topic.

I got a headache just from reading that and I'm pretty sure my IQ dropped dangerously close to your level just by trying to digest those asinine statements.

I don't see where the "Tubs to A&M" rumors were stronger. Tubs NEVER had any contact with A&M (or Arkansas for that matter). The only reason that the rumors were "stronger" is that ******** kept it first and foremost in the minds of bammers through the state. The Tubs rumors were entirely fabricated by bammers and they were no stronger than the Saban to WVU.

I'm like the majority of folks on this board. I don't really think Saban is going anywhere, but I think it's great for the bammer nation to get a little taste of their own medicine.

Karma's a bitch ain't it.

i don't know why don't you jump and see what happens

It's ludicris, and not worth fitty cent. :)

:au::homer:

PChamp,

Try to add something to the thread instead of just coming right in and bashing it. Nobody wants to hear your complaining. My question to you is...why are you getting so tore up about rumors pertaining to Saban leaving UAT? I could understand if it was about CTT, because as an AU student/fan, you are closer to that situation. Yet, you seem to be reacting more hostile about Saban rumors then you did about the CTT to A&M and Arky rumors.

FYI...when somebody is posting an article about a rumor, then the poster is not exactly starting or keeping the rumor alive or they?. That is why we have the no link/article, rule when it comes to the rumor mill. ( I have PM'ed the poster asking them to include a link or cite the source since it is not included in the thread).

In addition, PC, WHY are you so fired up about the rumor of $aban to WVU? Are you sure you're an Auburn fan?

I'm like the majority of folks on this board. I don't really think Saban is going anywhere, but I think it's great for the bammer nation to get a little taste of their own medicine.

Karma's a bitch ain't it.

Not really. The logical Bama fans didn't see any truth to this, and weren't worried in the least.

As far as the Tubberville to A&M/Arkansas rumors, they were far more believeable than this. The reason being, is that Tubbs could actually use them as leverage to get more out of Auburn. What is Saban gonna say, "Hey guys, I'm gonna leave to go to a 2 million job unless you give me a raise from 4 to 5 and get rid of my buyout." ? I'm pretty sure I know what CMM would say to that.

Archived