Simple Question

Tigermike

You still cannot answer my questions, so I guess I was confused when I thought you were smart. :no:

What you are confused about is yourself being objective and being anything other than an ideologue.

I'm not sure if you set a record or not but you were rolling.

2 outright lies, 4 personal attacks & 5 misrepresentations, all in the same thread.

Would that make you just a liar or a damn liar?

You still cannot answer my questions, so I guess I was confused when I thought you were smart. :no:

What you are confused about is yourself being objective and being anything other than an ideologue.

2 outright lies, 4 personal attacks & 5 misrepresentations, all in the same thread.

Where are the lies, personal attacks and misrepresentations?

Don't suppose you racked up any of the above in this thread, huh? B)

Shifting the subject to collateral issues is a tool for those who cannot address the pertinent issue. Sing me a song about President Hillary and First Man Bill. You can add a verse each of the next 8 years. :roflol:

I thought the plan was to allow a percentage of the money to be invested privately. And only certain low risk options would be available. Kind of like an IRA today. When SS is only getting a return of 1.5%, any idiot advocating that it is fine, is just that...AN IDIOT.

I do not think it was ever proposed to go totally private. And it would be voluntary. The money could NOT be withdrawn until you reach a certain age. But it could be willed if you died early. It was a damn good start. But of course, the dims would lose control of the poor.

I don't know that I ever heard or read the specifics of implementation. It seems to me that SS as we know it would be eliminated.

I didn't know we got any return at all on SS money. You do notice that the gov't does not even invest the money in T-bills. Why not?

It's bizarre to me that you would think that a party wanted the poor for their vote. I'm of the opinion that the poor do not turn out the vote nearly as much as the middle class and the rich. It upsets the greedy rich folks for anyone to help the poor. I would never think that the poor is a voting class to be solicited when by doing so you would lose middle class and rich voters. If you have facts. I'm open.

Thank you for your thoughts on how the program was to work.

Why didn't I think of that?

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, Social Security will be completely depleted by 2052, completely broke. Again I don't think President Bush understands these issues. He says '2052 -- well, that's all right, by then all our old people will be dead.'" --Jay Leno

:roflol:

Just to add my $0.02...

In my opinion, not privatizing Social Security is part of what is called, in harsh words not my own, "the dumbing down of America". In relation to education, for example, for the past 20 years or more, our goals have been to raise the standard of education by catering to the below average students. Classrooms are now mixed with a portion of average students and students with learning disabilities or even students with severe behavioral problems because we are trying to raise the base or average students to meet certain goals. What does this do for the average/above-average/advanced students? As a teacher, my wife has mentioned that she spends so much time answering questions for the below average students that the average to above-average students are held back from the learning process, not given the opportunity to move forward in the lesson plan, gain more knowledge, etc. This was a problem before NCLB and still is. I don't have an answer for this, because I believe that all children are our future (ha ha, that Whitney Houston reference cracked me up), should be given the same opportunities and compassion, etc. But what are we saying to the above-average/advanced students?

To relate it to SS, why should the large percentage of persons that do things right be penalized for the persons that do things wrong (whether bad investments, stupid decisions, or whatever)? No one is saying that we should turn the other cheek towards those unlucky individuals. A base minimum (similar to the totals from today’s SS outcome) could still be made available. Privatization supporters just want an opportunity to make a better return on money that is just currently sitting there doing nothing. It has nothing to do with not being compassionate towards people that fail. I think some of the proposals for privatization include fall backs for poor investors, maybe even sharing a portion of the profits. Is this correct? Again, I do not have the answer to this one either, but it is almost certain that the current SS system will not be available for distribution when someone my age goes to collect.

Where are the lies, personal attacks and misrepresentations?

Don't suppose you racked up any of the above in this thread, huh? B)

Shifting the subject to collateral issues is a tool for those who cannot address the pertinent issue. Sing me a song about President Hillary and First Man Bill. You can add a verse each of the next 8 years. :roflol:

2 3 outright lies

4 personal attacks

5 misrepresentations

Archived