Jamontay Pilson DE/LB/DT & Eltoro Freeman LB Commits to AU

The Prowler

Jamontay and Eltoro? LOL

the names of these kids never cease to suprise me. oh well, the crazier the name the crazier on the field me thinks. sound like we got some good athletes.

Ill take em.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!1

Jamontay needs to put in some serious work in the classroom, he is a possible sign-and-place. Other than that he is a very good get.

Why am I not surprised?

I guess the title on this thread "& Eltoro Freeman" says it all - they are more alike than I expected already!

El Toro has gone to JUCO and just made the Dean's list. He will redshirt next season at juco and be at Au in DEC 08 with 3 years eligibility. Folks...thats very good news.

Not only is that good news about Eltoro, that pretty darn impressive!

Amazing what a little focus can do for you. Maybe PC can focus on not being negative Nancy.

I believe I had asked in a previous thread a few months back if one that went JUCO chose to RS a year, if he would have an extra year. I think maybe one person thought it was possible, but the rest seemed to think not. Well, I'm glad I got the right answer. Great news on Eltoro. Question is, why don't more JUCO players do this?

PC this may be a situation where kids don't know they have that option. Did you see the story about Da'shaun Barnes? He simply sat out a year and worked on his academics then entered AU with all 4 years of eligibility. From the article, it sounded like no one (coaches or players) knew you could do that. His advisors were telling him it was either JUCO or prep school. He created a 3rd option! That's even more impressive than Eltoro's path.

http://www.accessmontgomery.com/apps/pbcs..../803250312/1002

I believe I had asked in a previous thread a few months back if one that went JUCO chose to RS a year, if he would have an extra year. I think maybe one person thought it was possible, but the rest seemed to think not. Well, I'm glad I got the right answer. Great news on Eltoro. Question is, why don't more JUCO players do this?

If they are going to juco that's a good sign they dont want to be in school any longer than necessary. Why do players leave college after their junior year? Cause there's better things to be doing than playing college football as long as possible.

Archived