MLB Extra Innings/DirecTV Kick Ass

SouthLink02

Spent the last two nights with baseball games on and MAN did I miss baseball

Now most games are in HD so I go browsing through them and love watching the games even more with the crisp picture

Came home from work tonight and watched some Yanks/Blue Jays in HD, then Angels/Twins in HD, and now A's/Red Sox in HD

Yeah, that is one of the big things I miss about DirecTV. When I had it, I always got Extra Innings so I could see every Red Sox game, usually on NESN.

When I had XM, I could at least listen to all their games. Now that I don't even have that, I use my Red Sox Nation membership and listen to all the games over the internet. I could upgrade my membership to where I can watch the games over the internet, but watching streaming video for sporting events over the internet is still not that good if you ask me, not matter what speed you have. Plus, trying to watch sporting events on my computer screen gives me a headache.

Since I just bought my first HDTV a couple of months ago, I got to watch my first baseball game in HD last week when I got up early to watch the Red Sox/A's series from Japan. Baseball in HD rocks! Hockey is a lot more fun to watch in HD also. I don't watch a lot of basketball because I can't stand the NBA and Auburn is rarely on TV, but I have watched a couple of March Madness games and I like HD even makes that more enjoyable. I can't wait until football season. Monica is not going to be able to get my out of the recliner.

Link,

What about the Braves games? On MLB Extra Innings do they just pull the feed from the PeachTree Network/TBS/Fox Sports that looks like it was shot with a phone camera?

Or do they have their own HD feed?

I get the braves games on directv, but if they are in HD on extra innings, im signing up today.

Being an Orioles fan.....yes I know, we suck and we have ever since Angelos has come to town and we will continue to do so until he is gone.....I never get to see them unless they happen to get on ESPN or if they happen to be on WGN when playing the Chi-SOX. So this makes me wonder. How much is this? I have Directtv and would love to see them play, especially in HD.

BG: Will the Braves games that are on TBS not be broadcast in HD?

An Orioles fan, really? I didn't know one existed.

Nah, Baltimore is a great city and Camden Yards, or, Fenway South, is a gorgeous park. Crab cakes with Old Bay at the Harbor and smokey turkey sandwiches on Eutaw Street. Good stuff.

Sorry for the tangent. I was just shocked that there actually was an O's fan.

Link,

What about the Braves games? On MLB Extra Innings do they just pull the feed from the PeachTree Network/TBS/Fox Sports that looks like it was shot with a phone camera?

Or do they have their own HD feed?

I get the braves games on directv, but if they are in HD on extra innings, im signing up today.

Yup, all Braves games and I think almost all in HD (not all but most)

Saw the Braves/Pirates in HD the other night on one of the HD channels for DirecTV

Though it was the Pirates HD channel

Nah, Baltimore is a great city and Camden Yards, or, Fenway South, is a gorgeous park. Crab cakes with Old Bay at the Harbor and smokey turkey sandwiches on Eutaw Street. Good stuff.

Ha! That is the same thing I get here at the office. You can now tell people that you do know for a fact that at least one Orioles fan exist. Or at least one that will admit it.

I have only been to Camden once and I happened to get lucky to making the trip. We were working at Aberdeen Proving Ground working and we managed to get off early and a co-worker and myself took advantage of it. Beautiful stadium. We are planning on a little road trip this year, going to Atlanta, Baltimore, Phily, Chicago, and then Cincy. Well, hopefully we will if the schedules line up just right for us.

I may be moving to another city in a few months and am worried about the MLB Blackout rules wherever I move

I hear horror stories of people in big cities up north who have 2-3-4 teams in their blackout area and here in New Orleans I got the Rangers as our team and I couldn't care less about them

I will miss getting every team that I want to see if I move to NY or Chicago or somewhere

I used to work for DirecTV. As far as blackouts for Extra Innings, that should only happen if you can get the game on TV w/o Extra Innings where you live or if you live within a certain radius of where the game is taking place. Otherwise it should show and if it does not, you need to call DirecTV and they will either tell you what channel it is showing in your area, thus the reason for the blackout, or if it is an error, they will try to resolve it.

TBS and WGN are nationwide on most cable and satellite providers. So there are some blackout issues on Extra Innings when it involves games on those channels, but those are usually whoever the Braves, Cubs, or White Sox are playing. However, if I remember reading correctly, TBS is going to be showing some other MLB games this year besides the Braves, so more areas may be affected.

I never had any Red Sox blackout issues, even when they play the White Sox on WGN or the Braves on TBS during interleague. The NESN broadcast usually still would show on Extra Innings.

Ha! That is the same thing I get here at the office. You can now tell people that you do know for a fact that at least one Orioles fan exist. Or at least one that will admit it.

I have only been to Camden once and I happened to get lucky to making the trip. We were working at Aberdeen Proving Ground working and we managed to get off early and a co-worker and myself took advantage of it. Beautiful stadium. We are planning on a little road trip this year, going to Atlanta, Baltimore, Phily, Chicago, and then Cincy. Well, hopefully we will if the schedules line up just right for us.

AUTiger1, that sounds like an awesome vacation. You'll love Philadelphia -- it blows Turner Field out of the water. Citizens Bank is the most fan friendly park I've been to. I would suggest, however, that you try to make it to Yankee Stadium in it's last hoorah and slide in a trip to Fenway. The other sites will be fun, but the feeling of sitting in such a historic park is second-to-none. Granted, neither Boston or New York is "comfortable" but knowing that some of the all-time greats played on the very field you're staring at was a great experience for me. I've also heard great things about PNC Park in Pittsburgh, though I've never actually been there.

I actually took a week long road trip that was conducted by Broach Sports Tours. Check them out on the web. It's very reasonably priced for the stops -- DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY Yankees, Boston, and a day at the Hall in Cooperstown. You also get city tours of DC, Philly, NYC, and Boston in addition to lunch at Micky Mantle's, and tours of Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. If you're a baseball nut, you have to go. You'll wind up saving money, not to mention not having to negotiate the city traffic. Trip of a lifetime for a baseball fan.

AUTiger1, that sounds like an awesome vacation. You'll love Philadelphia -- it blows Turner Field out of the water. Citizens Bank is the most fan friendly park I've been to. I would suggest, however, that you try to make it to Yankee Stadium in it's last hoorah and slide in a trip to Fenway. The other sites will be fun, but the feeling of sitting in such a historic park is second-to-none. Granted, neither Boston or New York is "comfortable" but knowing that some of the all-time greats played on the very field you're staring at was a great experience for me. I've also heard great things about PNC Park in Pittsburgh, though I've never actually been there.

I actually took a week long road trip that was conducted by Broach Sports Tours. Check them out on the web. It's very reasonably priced for the stops -- DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, NY Yankees, Boston, and a day at the Hall in Cooperstown. You also get city tours of DC, Philly, NYC, and Boston in addition to lunch at Micky Mantle's, and tours of Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. If you're a baseball nut, you have to go. You'll wind up saving money, not to mention not having to negotiate the city traffic. Trip of a lifetime for a baseball fan.

I will have to check that out and see what they offer. We have talked about just getting in the car and going and wing it the whole way. Which could be fun but then again it could lead to disaster too. It would suck to drive all the way to Baltimore and not be able to find a room or not be able to get tickets (wait, who am I kidding, we'd be two of the 300 fans in attendance). Thanks for the info.

I promise this route will save you money and trouble. And the more people you bring, the less you pay.

Here is a link to the brochure. As it turns out, there are not stops in Baltimore and Philly this season. Shea doesn't call me at all, but Pittsburgh would be nice.

If you're interested in just going up to Baltimore, they have an Orioles only package. It's a weekend trip in which you can see the Yankees or the Red Sox. Link...

Anyway, you'll just have to check it out and see.

Archived