Favorite films

WarEagleFL

The T.K. and Mike series. :D:D

I love just about all movies. Kills me how in To Kill a Mockingbird that the kids called their dad by his real name.

Got to get in my 2 cents, some have been mentioned, others not:

Little Big Man - the best movie you probably haven't seen. Dustin Hoffman - you really need to rent it.

Amadeus - if you haven't seen it, it is not anything like you think, awesome

Shawshank

Stand By Me - another Stephen King story, not supernatural

The Man Who Would Be King - Sean Connery/Michael Caine - I need to see it again soon, it's been a while

A Beautiful Life - Absolutely astonishing

Saving Private Ryan - contains the most disturbing scene I've ever seen, but awesome

Schindler's List

Pulp Fiction - the more you watch it, the better it gets

Memento - fascinating

Here's mine:

Cassablanca (classic movie)

Gone With the Wind (got to love the Southern charm)

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (politics, got to love it)

Cutting Edge (ok, cheesy, but still great)

Beautiful Mind (great film, great acting)

Wizard of Oz (I love Judy Garland, this is a classic)

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (very very funny)

The Pink Panther Movies

I got the Pink Panther Strikes Again DVD for Christmas

Clouseau: There is someone in this room who knows more about the murder than he is telling.

Mrs. Japonica: Murder?

Clouseau: What was that you said?

Mrs. Japonica: I said "murder".

Clouseau: What murder?

Mrs. Japonica: I-I-I don't know, y-you said "murder".

Clouseau: I said murder? *You* said murder!

Mrs. Japonica: No, I said murder because *You* said murder.

Clouseau: *I* said murder?

Mr. Shork: You said there is someone in this room who knows more about the murder than he is telling.

Speaking of Peter Sellers, no list would be complete without Dr Strangelove.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some change in there.

Colonel "Bat" Guano: That's private property.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel! Can you possibly imagine what is going to happen to you, your frame, outlook, way of life, and everything, when they learn that you have obstructed a telephone call to the President of the United States? Can you imagine? Shoot it off! Shoot! With a gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!

Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?

Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

I got the Pink Panther Strikes Again DVD for Christmas.

"That was a priceless Steinway!!!!!!!!!"

"Not anymore..."

The scene where he tries to breach the castle walls is the funniest thing ever. Absolute classic.

I cant believe Numa is the only one who mentioned Braveheart. Thats got to be the best $#@% movie ever. The Gladiator cant hold Bravehearts jockstrap. A few more of my favorites:

Pulp Fiction (brilliant)

Shawshank Redemption (amazing peice of story telling)

Fletch (chevy chase at his prime)

Ace Ventura (the first one)

Reservoir Dogs (classic tarentino)

American Beauty (one of the best movies I've seen)

The Green Mile (tear jerker)

Dumb and Dumber (comedy classic)

Dazed and confused (no explanation needed)

Happy Gilmore (look at my avatar and try not to laugh)

Guest AuNuma1

I thought someone had already mentioned Braveheart...

You listed some great comedies BustemBigBlue, but I'd have to add Office Space to the ones you listed...Office Space was great! Almost anything Chris Farley was in was great too.

Would someone tell me about "Rounders"? It has been mentioned a couple of times. I don't think I've heard of it before.

Rounders is a great movie! Even if you don't like texas hold em I still think it has something for everyone. Great acting, great writing.. it just seems real. Stars Matt Damon, Edward Norton, Gretchen Mol, John Malkovich. Matt Damon is a law student and he has is a tremendous poker player, he loses $30,000 to John Malkovich's character and he promises his girfriend(Mol) that he will never play again. His friend Worm(Norton) gets out of prison and he starts playing poker right away to try and get some cash together. Damon gets sucked back into it again and gets him back into trouble. There is a lot more to this film, I can't even do it justice.. so do yourself a favor... rent this film!

I love movies and its hard to pick just a few. Here are some of the movies i like.

1. Tomestone favorite

The Matrix, Kiss of the Dragon, XXX, Speed. Remember the Titans, Spy Game, Behind Enemy Lines, The transporter, John Q. The Substitute, All the Screams, RUDY, Pulp Fiction, Scary Movie, ...........

I could go on and on.

WARR EAGLE

Archived