Favorite films

WarEagleFL

Name your top 5. I'm basing mine on repeat viewings. Might not be the most important film, but ones that I can watch over and over and still love..

1. Psycho(best horror film ever made and contains my favorite movie line.. "We all go a little mad sometimes" - can't find the DVD though)

2. Moulin Rouge(I'm expecting to be made fun of about this one, but I think it's a great movie - watched about 30 times)

3. Say Anything.. (I got the DVD from someone really special and it instantly became one of my favorites. John Cusack at his best)

4. Scream(I've watched this about 50 times and still think it set the standard for the way horror films are made in the 90's and 00's.)

5. The Princess Bride(Cheesy as hell, but also funny as hell. The quote in my sig is from this movie)

Take a shot at it... I hope this wasn't already done and I missed it, if so.. sorry for the repeat.

Here is mine:

1. Remember the Titans

2. Top Gun

3. Days of Thunder

4. The Godfather Part 1&2 Part 3 sucked

5. Is a Tie Between all of the Jason and Freddie Movies

Honorable Mention:

1. Above the Rim

2. Field of Dreams

3. Beverly Hills Cops series

4. Die hard Series

5. Friday with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker

6. Scarface

The Godfather

There's Something About Mary

Blue Velvet

Rocky

The Exorcist

Dr. Zhivago

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

To Kill A Mockingbird

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Casablanca

The Godfather

There's Something About Mary

Blue Velvet

Rocky

The Exorcist

Dr. Zhivago

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

To Kill A Mockingbird

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Casablanca

The Exorcist is a good choice, first time I seen that movie I was little, I had nightmares for about a month after I seen that movie. Another movie that freaked me out when I was little was the Original Version of Texas Chainsaw massacre (sp).

Also I forgot about the Rocky Movies or I probably would've added those to My Honorable mention.

1. The Godfather

2. Saving Private Ryan (easily Spielberg’s best film to date.)

3. The Three Musketeers & Four Musketeers (early 70’s version with Rachel Welch & Michael York)

I put these two films together because that’s the way they were filmed. The studio just marketed them as two separate films. Fantastic historical detail – you have to watch what’s going on in the background scenes to catch it all. The screenplay was written by George MacDonald Fraser, my favorite author (any Flashman fans out there?)

4. Breaker Morant

Excellent courtroom drama. Kind of an obscure period piece but an all around great film: camera angles, acting, pace, costumes, plot, everything.

5. Caddyshack O.K. Comic relief after all the serious drama, but still one of the all-time most quoted films. "Be ... the ball."

A couple others I would like to mention:

Young Frankenstein

This is Spinal Tap

The Day of the Jackal (1973 version with Edward Fox)

Hoosiers

The Man Who Would be King

(No particular order)

Harold & Maude

Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Fargo

Gone With The Wind

O Brother, Where Art Thou

The Pink Panther Movies

Rudy

I like "different" movies - preferrably bizarre or black comedy, as my choices show. HATE horror films of all types. HATE deliberate tear jerkers - Rudy being the exception, but is that really a tear jerker?? - am probably the only person on the planet that has never seen Titanic, and I plan to die having never seen Titanic.

What's so horrible about Titanic? You already know the dang thing sinks so what's to cry about? :D

DELIBERATE Tear jerker - that is my point. Sad is fine - watching one's true love die an agonizing death being swallowed up by the frozen seas... :puke:

And yeah - you know how it ends before it begins - so what's the point of watching. Boat sinks. People die. End of story.

It's hard to cut down to a top 10 so I will offer these in no particular order. I like movies. :D

These three would have to be tied for #1 for me.

Saving Private Ryan, 1998

Unforgiven, 1992

Lawrence of Arabia, 1962

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy Rider, 1969

The Godfather, (all of them)

Gone With The Wind, 1939

The Searchers, 1956

The Wizard of Oz, 1939

The Graduate, 1967

Schindler's List, 1993

Star Wars, 1977

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, 1975

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, 1982

Dr. Strangelove, 1964

Bonnie and Clyde, 1967

Apocalypse Now, 1979

High Noon, 1952

Doctor Zhivago, 1965

Jaws, 1975

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 1969

Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981

Close Encounters of the Third Kind, 1977

The Silence of the Lambs, 1991

Shane, 1953

The French Connection, 1971

Forrest Gump, 1994

Ben-Hur, 1959

Dances With Wolves, 1990

American Graffiti, 1973

Rocky, 1976

The Deer Hunter, 1978

The Wild Bunch, 1969

Giant, 1956

Platoon, 1986

Fargo, 1996

Patton, 1970

Goodfellas, 1990

Pulp Fiction, 1994

Full Metal Jacket, 1987

There's Something About Mary, 1998

Name your top 5. I'm basing mine on repeat viewings. Might not be the most important film, but ones that I can watch over and over and still love..

1. Psycho(best horror film ever made and contains my favorite movie line.. "We all go a little mad sometimes" - can't find the DVD though)

2. Moulin Rouge(I'm expecting to be made fun of about this one, but I think it's a great movie - watched about 30 times)

3. Say Anything.. (I got the DVD from someone really special and it instantly became one of my favorites. John Cusack at his best)

4. Scream(I've watched this about 50 times and still think it set the standard for the way horror films are made in the 90's and 00's.)

5. The Princess Bride(Cheesy as hell, but also funny as hell. The quote in my sig is from this movie)

Take a shot at it... I hope this wasn't already done and I missed it, if so.. sorry for the repeat.

The Princess Bride is the only one I ever promote. It has somthing fo everyone and the whole family can watch it. "Have fun storm'in the castle".

I could watch Armegeddon over and over and over.......

Star Wars is always fun to watch.

Also Indiana Jones 1 and 3.

And just about ANY western with Clint Eastwood in it. "Dying ain't much of a liv'in, boy".

And "A League of Their Own," always traps me when its on. "There's no cry'in in baseball."

And Pirates of the Caribbean is slowly creeping its way up there.

A movie that has not been on anyones list (including mine) that I really liked is The Shawshank Redemption, (1994)

Great acting and a good story.

Pirates of the Caribbean would've been better if it were shorter...way too long. Quality movie though.

I agree, it was my second favorite of 2003. If only it was about 25 - 30 minutes shorter. Johnny Depp is the man though.

A movie that has not been on anyones list (including mine) that I really liked is The Shawshank Redemption, (1994)

Great acting and a good story.

I try to avoid Robbins, Penn, Sarandon, Streep, Baldwin, etc. These people may be good actors, but their idea of reallity and mine are way too different. That would be OK if they would just keep their mouth shut and act. But they think they have to be politicians too.

Independence Day - I know I know

Hey, I loved that movie too!! No apology necessary.

I loved The Shawshank Redemption mainly because it was a Steven King novella first - one of my favorite things that he ever wrote - and it was one of my favorites before the movie came out. Nothing supernatural or anything in it - just a great story. And the movie was damn sure right on the money - only two changes - one, making the character of Red a black man (but still highly plausible and made no change to the basic plot) and two, killing off the young guy that could have cleared Andy Duquesne - in the story, they bought him off with a reduced sentence on a work farm, where he could see his wife and young child on the weekend. Not a huge change, and did add some drama to the movie, but I didn't think the original plot line was too bad. Tim Robbins is a pinko, but he was great in that movie - like someone said, if he would just stick to what he does best and shut up about the rest of it...

Speaking of movies from novellas. Another one of my favorites would be Legends of the Fall written by Jim Harrison. There was quite a few changes to the movie that I wish weren't changed, but I still love the movie.

A few more of my favorites are...

Rounders

Jaws

Top Gun

Cocktail

I have really high hopes that Troy will be on this list come May.

What's so horrible about Titanic?  You already know the dang thing sinks so what's to cry about?  :D

DELIBERATE Tear jerker - that is my point. Sad is fine - watching one's true love die an agonizing death being swallowed up by the frozen seas... :puke:

And yeah - you know how it ends before it begins - so what's the point of watching. Boat sinks. People die. End of story.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is it just me or did it get cold in here just now?

Romeo and Juliet-A Couple too young fall in love and a tragedy happens, end of story. :lol:

My faves: No particular order.....Wrath of Khan, Titanic, To Kill a Mocking Bird (wanted to name Ethan, Atticus), In Harm's Way, The Thomas Crown Affair(II), Zhivago, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Rudy, Titans, Caddy Shack, Seven, LA Confidential, Patton, Schindler's List, Shane, GWTW and many more.

Dude, I bought TCA(II)(Rene Russo) on video the day after I rented it(Rene Russo). Very well written,(Rene Russo) I also forgot to mention one other movie that I bought the day after I rented it. True Lies (Jamie Leigh Curtis) It has very good storyline(Jamie Leigh Curtis). And has a well written script(Jamie Leigh Curtis).

There now, I think I will go take a shower....a cold shower. ;)

Me thinks you like Rene Russo and the original scream queen ;)

TCA was very well written and had me guessing the whole way through. Pierce Brosnan was made for that role.

I'm not a big fan of Jamie Lee Curtis but I have a few of the Halloween movies on DVD. True Lies was good though. I don't think she has the same effect on me that she does on you though. ;)

Archived