2009 Mock Draft

mcgufcm

This is just slap funny to me, but ESPN has already posted a 09 mock draft. Early highlights: Sen'Derrick tabbed as a top 5 pick (reuniting with Pat Sims in Cincinnattica), AND further confirmation that Matt Stafford would be half-crazed to stay in school, Stafford is projected as the number 3 overall pick and the number one QB on the board. They also put Tebow to the Bears at 7 and Moreno (leaving after his redshirt sophomore year which I very seriously doubt) at number 10. The SEC is projected to fill out SEVEN of the top ten picks (2 UGA, 1 AU, 1 UF, 1 UA, 1 UM, and 1 LSU).

Oh and here's the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ins...%26id%3d3372132

This is just slap funny to me, but ESPN has already posted a 09 mock draft. Early highlights: Sen'Derrick tabbed as a top 5 pick (reuniting with Pat Sims in Cincinnattica), AND further confirmation that Matt Stafford would be half-crazed to stay in school, Stafford is projected as the number 3 overall pick and the number one QB on the board. They also put Tebow to the Bears at 7 and Moreno (leaving after his redshirt sophomore year which I very seriously doubt) at number 10. The SEC is projected to fill out SEVEN of the top ten picks (2 UGA, 1 AU, 1 UF, 1 UA, 1 UM, and 1 LSU).

Oh and here's the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ins...%26id%3d3372132

How is that a slap in the face?

How is that a slap in the face?

He said slap funny ;)

Yes. Slap funny. Not a slap in the face. I do feel pretty confident that, barring injury, this is going to be our last chance to enjoy watching Marks play. To me, he's almost as guaranteed to go early as Matt Stafford. I love guys coming back to Auburn when they're turning down money (see: Carnell Williams), but if you're a top ten guy, you should go.

Trey gets out of position too often to be an elite player. Hopefully CPR can correct that and let TB harness the energy and always be in the right place.

That thur kant b rite. B-kaus nik sabans has the plum bedst thar iz cullge futbull plaers top 2 bottum overair tuskerlooser. Thems tha klass a boys, newzpapers dun said so. I thank yer letric kompurerz iz dun gone out. Kauz that iz wrong bout them crimzen boyz. Thays bestest aout thair.

That thur kant b rite. B-kaus nik sabans has the plum bedst thar iz cullge futbull plaers top 2 bottum overair tuskerlooser. Thems tha klass a boys, newzpapers dun said so. I thank yer letric kompurerz iz dun gone out. Kauz that iz wrong bout them crimzen boyz. Thays bestest aout thair.

Geez autiger....i'm dizzy after reading that post... :blink:

Everyone needs to stop with this Stafford love fest

Sportscenter had Todd McShay saying Stafford will be his first underclassman QB getting drafted Top 5 while also having Moreno has a Top 10 pick

Rivals has stafford going #1 freakin one

A few others have Stafford/Moreno going Top 10 as well

This season is going blow. No matter what Stafford/Moreno do chances are they won't match this insane hype they are getting

Does espn not think Blackmon could be at least a late first round pick?

Because I do.

As a safety, perhaps. He's too little to play LB in the pros.

Too small??? Have you watched NFL football lately? I mean you don't even have to go back very far. Take this year's draft for example: Jordon Dizon, 2nd round pick from Colorado, 6'1" and 230 lb.

Blackmon is already tipping the scale at 230 so you're telling me the one inch is enough to eliminate him from being an early round pick? Needless to say, I think this is as dubious a comment as "DJ Hall is a first round talent," which was said on this board a number of times over the last year or so.

I don't think Blackmon is a first round guy right now b/c he's had trouble staying healthy, has off-field history, and hasn't really had a break out season. I don't think his size is an issue at all.

Too small??? Have you watched NFL football lately? I mean you don't even have to go back very far. Take this year's draft for example: Jordon Dizon, 2nd round pick from Colorado, 6'1" and 230 lb.

Blackmon is already tipping the scale at 230 so you're telling me the one inch is enough to eliminate him from being an early round pick? Needless to say, I think this is as dubious a comment as "DJ Hall is a first round talent," which was said on this board a number of times over the last year or so.

I don't think Blackmon is a first round guy right now b/c he's had trouble staying healthy, has off-field history, and hasn't really had a break out season. I don't think his size is an issue at all.

Not to mention the fact that everyone who has been involved with him says that he has the greatest defensive instincts they have ever seen.

Archived