In Ref Too the Georgia Auburn Tag....

Dyebama

My Question I have a Auburn Tag here in GA and now I am noticing other university tags starting to

hit the Roads.... I saw a Clemson Tag and heaven for bid in GA but a FLORIDA Tag.

Each of these tags start with the letters CU FU Why is the Auburn Tag started with TZ and not AU..

and on the bottom of the Tag is says each University Name... on my AU tag AUBURN University is not even mentioned...

Any way its still good to see all the AU tags in GA. Thanks to replies that may know the answer.

Last I heard, they were trying to pass a bill saying if the state where the school is from does not offer UGA/GT type plates, they were going to yank it from Georgia residents.

They didn't care when Auburn got plates but went ape (four letter word) when Florida tags started popping up.

The bill never passed, fyi

Neither did Sunday alcohol sales.

Though I did get that letter from Casey b/c he wants to pander asap for his run for governor.

I saw my first Georgia tag with a gator on it yesterday. A friend had it on his new truck. Pretty cool. The dawg fans were already mad about the AU tags, but they are really seething about the gator tags!

This hurts me to say, but you might want to reconsider getting a tag of another state's school. I had an AU tag here in Tennessee, and my car was "keyed" twice - down the entire length of the automobile. I gave up on the plates and used regular ones after that. I haven't had any more trouble.

I recently went to a gathering and noticed a guy with UA plates. I told him about my luck with AU plates, and he said his car had been "keyed" four times!

I hate to discourage use of AU tags, but I want you to have the benefit of my experience.

This hurts me to say, but you might want to reconsider getting a tag of another state's school. I had and AU tag here in Tennessee, and my car was "keyed" twice - down the entire length of the automobile. I gave up on the plates and used regular ones after that. I haven't had any more trouble.

I recently went to a gathering and noticed a guy with UA plates. I told him about my luck with AU plates, and he said his car had been "keyed" four times!

I hate to discourage use of AU tags, but I want you to have the benefit of my experience.

Dude that sucks!!!!!! I live in TN as well, and I had an Auburn Flag on my car that got promptly torn off. To bad UT fans and Bammer fans are such ignorant rednecks and so jealous of the GOOD teams in the SEC "stealing" their glory that they resort to such childish crap!

I just don't understand why someone would do that to someone elses car.

Even in college when drunk, I think the last thing I would do is rip something off someone elses car or key it

I had my car keyed last week and it was infuriating

I just don't understand why someone would do that to someone elses car.

Even in college when drunk, I think the last thing I would do is rip something off someone elses car or key it

I had my car keyed last week and it was infuriating

Did you have any UGA crap on it? *grin*

I had a UGA sticker on my car. Damn thing got keyed all along the driver side

Freakin cost me a few hundred to fix it

I have an AU license plate here in Georgia...and have had no problems related to it. BUT...I did have a $35, pewter vanity plate stolen off the FRONT of my Jeep. So I bought a cheaper, plastic plate the next time...then it was stolen too. Idiots....

:(

:au::homer:

I had a UGA sticker on my car. Damn thing got keyed all along the driver side

Freakin cost me a few hundred to fix it

The first time, mine was keyed, I had the whole car repainted. Within 3 months it was keyed again. It was keyed 35 miles from my home in a shopping center parking lot both times.

While I find this type of conduct reprehensible, I do recall seeing a car on the way to Tuskaloser a few years ago. On the back window in white shoe polish was written "Bamma Sux." The car was otherwise decked out in UT orange and white. I couldn't help to think, that if anyone in Tuskaloser can read, that glass is gone. I figured he had about a 50-50 chance of making it back with the car intact. :roflol:

Right. I know that nobody would write anything on the car because I don't expect the LSWho fan to be able to spell his own school

Archived