Al Qaeda’s war on everything finally reaches logical conclusion

Tigermike

Al-Qaida at War with Itself, Author Says

Listen Now [3 min 44 sec] add to playlist

All Things Considered, May 24, 2008 · Al-Qaida is at war. And not just against the West, but with itself, says Lawrence Wright, author of The Looming Tower, the definitive account of the terrorist organization and the road leading up to the attacks of Sept. 11.

"It's very profound in the radical edge of it," says Wright, who explores the ideological rift for an article in next week's New Yorker magazine. "Before, moderate Muslims have spoken out against violence in the name of Islam, but now radicals are doing the same thing. And what's fascinating is that they're attacking on two grounds: One is that [violence is] not practical because it hasn't achieved their purposes. And secondly, it's sinful. It is placing the souls of the people who commit this violence in great jeopardy."

Wright tells NPR's Guy Raz that the two players behind the rift are Ayman Al-Zawahiri, al-Qaida's No. 2 man, and Sayyed Imam Al-Sharif, also known as Dr. Fadl. Sharif, who wrote al-Qaida's manual for jihad training, recently released a manifesto refuting those principles.

The fact that al-Qaida's architect has changed his mind, Wright says, makes violence "harder to justify using that kind of thinking."

He says al-Qaida is unraveling in some respects.

"But in some respects, they are not losing, they are regenerating. But they're still much reduced from what they were. They're clearly losing in Iraq. Their popularity all across the Muslim world is plummeting because Muslims are the main victims. And people are beginning to question the use of violence not only in the case of al-Qaida but even in resistance movements in Palestine."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...ft=1&f=1001

In the fine tradition that gave us the Judean's People's Front Crack Suicide Squad.

31_otto.jpg

( which should never been confused w/ the People's Front of Judia, for goodness sake )

But I thought all Muslims wanted us dead?

Read the article again. Had they been ONLY killing you and me, there would be no problems. But since they have been killing other muslims while trying to kill us, it's starting to get old with them too. They still want dominance over the planet, they are just tired of dying for it themselves...for now.

Read the article again. Had they been ONLY killing you and me, there would be no problems. But since they have been killing other muslims while trying to kill us, it's starting to get old with them too. They still want dominance over the planet, they are just tired of dying for it themselves...for now.

You should read it again, yourself. But then, you don't believe in moderate Muslims. They're like Santa Claus to you, right? The stuff of children's fairy tales?

You should read it again, yourself. But then, you don't believe in moderate Muslims. They're like Santa Claus to you, right? The stuff of children's fairy tales?

The truth is usually pretty simple, but as I'm sure you would agree, finding it in the mainstream media is next to impossible.

Try this book.

The Truth about Muhammad

Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion

In The Truth about Muhammad, New York Times bestselling author and Islam expert Robert Spencer offers an honest and telling portrait of the founder of Islam -- perhaps the first such portrait in half a century -- unbounded by fear and political correctness, unflinching, and willing to face the hard facts about Muhammad's life that continue to affect our world today.

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id...isbn=078616025X

Book Review: The Truth About Muhammad by Robert Spencer

Written by Marty Dodge

Published October 02, 2006

Anyone who has a genuine interest in current affairs or, like me, studied international relations or has an interest in religion will probably be aware of much of the material in this book. However, it is clear by what is written in the mainstream media and what is said by politicians they have no clue about the true nature of the person that Muslims consider their prophet of Allah.

This book uses the words of Muhammed, the Koran, the Hadiths, and contempories to describe the man and his mission to spread the word of Allah to all. He clearly demonstrates his feelings towards Jews, Christians, and every other religion or lack thereof in the world. It is pretty bad for Jews for whom he has nary a good word, and not that great for Christians, but it's either conversion or death for all those not of the book. (They are not offered non-Muslim tax and limited rights under Islam.) Muhammad has a bit of sympathy for people of the book who fail to recognise him as the Last Prophet; at least in the early days of his mission. It is not surprising that Jihadists take delight in killing Jews considering the actions of their prophet.

Now Spencer is charitable about the whole pedophilia charge against Muhammad, pointing out quite rightly that in a historical context the marrying of 5- and 6-year-old girls was common for the region and would not be seen as unusual. This does not mean that we should not view this and the other maltreatment of women (i.e. they have no rights, they are property, pre-puberty marriage, etc) as practiced in the Muslim world today as ghastly as it truly is. The Prophet made it clear that the penalty for apostasy (leaving Islam) is death, as it is for blasphemy.

This book should be required reading for all politicians, journalists, teachers, professors, and students, or anyone else who is trying to convince the rest of us that Islam is a religion of peace. It is clearly not, and the Prophet of Islam never meant it to be so.

It is no wonder that Robert Spencer is under constant guard and constantly under death threats. So why not at least reward the risk he takes with a read of his book?

This book is essential reading for anyone trying to understand what motivates Muslims, whether they are Islamists or just everyday believers.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/10/02/195716.php

Another review.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/014131.php

I KNOW that there are moderate Muslims in parts of the world, as there are moderate Liberals here in the U.S., or moderate conservatives such as myself. The problem is, there are a lot of radical muslims who want to kill us. While there are a few Bill Aires out there, most of the radical segments of our society have a line that they will not cross.

I'd love to see a day when moderate people of all nations come together and create peace, but that's not reality at the moment.

Archived