Delegate’s reversal stuns dems

Tigermike

I don't see Obama offering 5 townhalls as scared. I do believe it gives McCain his best chance of success, but not because such settings are a bad thing for Obama. Mainly because McCain is terrible standing at a podium with formal guidelines and structures in place. I think the townhall just evens the playing field a bit for McCain because if it were a traditional debate format, I think it's Advantage O.

Basically it's a compromise. Obama gave in to a format that plays to McCain's strengths instead of his weaknesses, but he's not going to agree to 10 such arrangements.

In the lead is questionable to say the least when many polls have the race very close and the margin of error covers the difference.

Those polls sure are always accurate aren't they?

Like I said, he's at his best when he can rehearse and read the prompter and snow over the gullible who are easily influenced with meaningless aesthetics.

And McCain is at his best 8 years ago.

O'bama would still herniate himself trying to lift the mans jock strap today. 8 Years ago he would have imploded trying such a feat.

O'bama= empty suit.

Tiger 88= Johnny One Note :roflol:

When the note is true, why say anything else?

TexasTiger= gullible messiahphile.

I do love Jesus, and base on previous posts of yours, I understand you think that makes me gullible. B)

We both know that isn't the "messiah" i was referring to, and if you are actually claiming that I would ridicule anyone for loving Jesus you are just being silly and need to re-read my posts.

Typical TT. Twisting words in a way he knows they weren't meant. The depths that liberals must stoop to attempt to stay in a debate.

Typical Tiger 88. Angry guy with no sense of humor.

Oh, please, I'm so funny I make myself laugh all the time. Sorry if I missed the humor there. I was in literal mode.

I don't see Obama offering 5 townhalls as scared.

Yeah, you're right. He's not scared. Terrified is more like it. :lmao:

If you say so. I don't buy it. And I have no intention of voting for Obama so it's not because I'm blinded by bias for my candidate.

I don't see Obama offering 5 townhalls as scared. I do believe it gives McCain his best chance of success, but not because such settings are a bad thing for Obama. Mainly because McCain is terrible standing at a podium with formal guidelines and structures in place. I think the townhall just evens the playing field a bit for McCain because if it were a traditional debate format, I think it's Advantage O.

Basically it's a compromise. Obama gave in to a format that plays to McCain's strengths instead of his weaknesses, but he's not going to agree to 10 such arrangements.

To clarify, my understanding is 5 total face-to-face meetings, three "debates" is some format in the fall, and two town hall style debates before the conventions.

I don't see Obama offering 5 townhalls as scared.

Yeah, you're right. He's not scared. Terrified is more like it. :lmao:

If you say so. I don't buy it. And I have no intention of voting for Obama so it's not because I'm blinded by bias for my candidate.

I'm just joking around for the most part.

No, I see the point. My point is that the man that O'bama paints himself to be would have a town hall meeting with anyone at anytime. The truth of the matter is more what we see happening. If McCain passes him in the polls, he will be begging for more meetings. He paints himself as change when he is nothing significantly different from any other politician, but even worse.

I 50% agree. I agree he is not as different as he paints himself but everybody uses the gimmick that they can. Bush isn't the Texan he wants to be, but it works for him.

To clarify, my understanding is 5 total face-to-face meetings, three "debates" is some format in the fall, and two town hall style debates before the conventions.

Obama has offered to meet McCain in five joint appearances between now and the Nov. 4 election, but only one of those would be town hall-style and it would be on the July 4th Independence Day holiday, when few Americans would be watching. McCain called the offer "a very disappointing response."

I applaude Senator McCain for not calling Obama a chicken $HIT. <_<:thumbsup::thumbsup:

USA TODAY

Obama has offered to meet McCain in five joint appearances between now and the Nov. 4 election, but only one of those would be town hall-style and it would be on the July 4th Independence Day holiday, when few Americans would be watching. McCain called the offer "a very disappointing response."

I applaude Senator McCain for not calling Obama a chicken $HIT. <_<:thumbsup::thumbsup:

USA TODAY

McCain declined the offer for 5 face-to-face exchanges. Which raises the question of whether he really wants to be on the same stage with Obama at all. He knew 10 would be rejected, so now he rejects 5?

BTW, don't applaud McCain so fast. Given his explosive, uncontrollable temper, he may yet say far worse.

USA TODAY

McCain declined the offer for 5 face-to-face exchanges. Which raises the question of whether he really wants to be on the same stage with Obama at all. He knew 10 would be rejected, so now he rejects 5?

BTW, don't applaud McCain so fast. Given his explosive, uncontrollable temper, he may yet say far worse.

Go ahead and admit it Tex, Obama is a chicken $HIT. :P;):big:

USA TODAY

Go ahead and admit it Tex, Obama is a chicken $HIT.

Get used to calling him Mr. President, my friend. :big:

Archived