Saban Supports Stabler

Proud Tiger

Today's Huntsville Times says Saban supports Stabler in his recent DWI arrest. Saban says he hopes Stabler keeps his job with the bama TV network and says he thinks Stabler is a great ambassador for the university. Well OK Nick whatever you say....it is what it is......but you just further confirmed my opinion of your standards of excellence.

I guess he had to say something, and if the university wanted him to, this is what I would expect him to say. Assuming I wasn't told to, I would have just said nothing.

Today's Huntsville Times says Saban supports Stabler in his recent DWI arrest. Saban says he hopes Stabler keeps his job with the bama TV network and says he thinks Stabler is a great ambassador for the university. Well OK Nick whatever you say....it is what it is......but you just further confirmed my opinion of your standards of excellence.

Just part of "the process." B):beer2::drink1::drink9::noevil:

Snake's drinking is just one hurdle in his rockstar career. All Rockstars and Actors have bouts with substances and then they are applauded for going to rehab. Kenny was an allstar QB at Bama, Won a SuperBowl with the Raiders. Played with John Madden, Fred Biletnikoff, George Upshaw, Art Shell, and Tatum. Who wouldn't want to walk in those shoes. He's a guy that never grew up and he's got a fanbase in the radio. I am glad Saban is supporting him. I know he's a homer, but I think that he is one cool guy.

Snake's drinking is just one hurdle in his rockstar career. All Rockstars and Actors have bouts with substances and then they are applauded for going to rehab. Kenny was an allstar QB at Bama, Won a SuperBowl with the Raiders. Played with John Madden, Fred Biletnikoff, George Upshaw, Art Shell, and Tatum. Who wouldn't want to walk in those shoes. He's a guy that never grew up and he's got a fanbase in the radio. I am glad Saban is supporting him. I know he's a homer, but I think that he is one cool guy.

The key phrase is "great ambassador". Support the guy all you want. Say you hope for the best. Hope he gets it together. But a guy who never grew up is hardly a great ambassador unless immaturity and irresponsibility is what you're selling.

Alcoholism is a sad thing. He'll be a great ambassador til he pulls a joe namath on the air.

At least Namath wanted to kiss a decent looking gal, no telling what road whore Snake would want to wrangle with on air.

Alcoholism is a sad thing. He'll be a great ambassador til he pulls a joe namath on the air.

Driving drunk kills people. Acting like a fool on the air mostly just embarrasses the fool.

Snake Stabler cheats in his own Golf and Fishing tournaments.......He is not a rockstar and has become nothing but a "redneck has been" that Bammers worship.

Snake Stabler cheats in his own Golf and Fishing tournaments.......He is not a rockstar and has become nothing but a "redneck has been" that Bammers worship.

Sad but true.

I know he's a homer, but I think that he is one cool guy.

You'd feel differently if you knew someone killed by a drunk driver.

I know people that have been killed by drunk drivers. It still doesn't change my view of Snake. The Paper said he refused the breath analyzer and took him to jail. So we really don't know if he was drunk or not.

I know people that have been killed by drunk drivers. It still doesn't change my view of Snake. The Paper said he refused the breath analyzer and took him to jail. So we really don't know if he was drunk or not.

given his prior DUIs, i don't think i would be all that surprised if he was drunk. if not, i would have taken the test just so i could show them i was not intoxicated. if they arrested me my lawyer would have fun with that in court. i know one of the local news stations are freaking out because R'dale won't release the tape of the stop, but at this point it is evidence in an active case, therefore they don't HAVE to release it.

I love this argument, as heard by every toothless caller on Finebaum.

Why in God's name would you refuse a breathalizer unless you knew you were way way way over the legal limit?

Kenny Stabler getting away with a third DUI, while the judge nods a silent but thinly veiled "RTR, Kenny," enforces the image of this state as portrayed in My Cousin Vinny. God knows how many times he's been driving sloshed and not gotten caught, let alone how many times the cop who pulled him over similarly instructed him to "Head straight on home, Snake. RTR."

Not to bust out the race card, but how about that racial double-standard by the crimson-neck callers. "Paul, that's just the way he is. He's an outlaw. He's always been a rowdy rabal rowser. That's the image he's built for himself, Paul, and we love him for it." Imagine if you will, this was a current black player who got his third DUI. Would he be a good ol' boy (well into his 60's), or would the word "Thug" get thrown around like crazy?

Why in God's name would you refuse a breathalizer unless you knew you were way way way over the legal limit?

Kenny Stabler getting away with a third DUI, while the judge nods a silent but thinly veiled "RTR, Kenny," enforces the image of this state as portrayed in My Cousin Vinny. God knows how many times he's been driving sloshed and not gotten caught, let alone how many times the cop who pulled him over similarly instructed him to "Head straight on home, Snake. RTR."

Not to bust out the race card, but how about that racial double-standard by the crimson-neck callers. "Paul, that's just the way he is. He's an outlaw. He's always been a rowdy rabal rowser. That's the image he's built for himself, Paul, and we love him for it." Imagine if you will, this was a current black player who got his third DUI. Would he be a good ol' boy (well into his 60's), or would the word "Thug" get thrown around like crazy?

bingo, chizad, bz770, get a clue...in AL the only time someone refuses the breath test is b/c they have been down that road before. They know doing it will hurt them more in court and make it more difficult on the arresting officer, who subsequently only has to play the video of this drunk ass stumbling out of the car and falling all over the place trying to Field Sobriety Tests. If he has been arrested 4 times for DUI, I promise you has gotten away with it 3 times more!!

Auchizad......you are right about the racist double standard for about half of the Bammers.........The other half of the Bammers aren't racist because they don't seem to have a problem with that type of behaviour regardless of race.

Thankfully, we don't get Finescum over here in Ga., so we don't have to hear the toothless coments. I imagine it's comical for AU fans and embarrassing for the Bama fans that know better.

I can't help but wonder how "supportive" former UAT running back Siran Stacy, who lost his wife and four children in a terrible crash with a drunken driver several months ago, is feeling. Regardless of what becomes of Stabler's case in court, I imagine it'll be very hard for Stacy to listen to Snake's voice broadcasting Bama games again! :no:

I can't help but wonder how "supportive" former UAT running back Siran Stacy, who lost his wife and four children in a terrible crash with a drunken driver several months ago, is feeling. Regardless of what becomes of Stabler's case in court, I imagine it'll be very hard for Stacy to listen to Snake's voice broadcasting Bama games again! :no:

I believe in supporting anyone that needs my help and is willing to ask for help, and willing to stop doing the wrong things. If Kenny was not drunk, what made the police stop him? Was he driving in a way that looked suspicious? That is not safe either, people should remember that a car is a large piece of machinery and should not be driven if you are not 100%. If you don't have respect for your own life, please have respect for the other people on the road. I would not want anyone to be accused wrongly, but something was going on, or he would not have been stopped. It's funny that we have not heard anything from his team. Everyone is trying to support him, but he has said nothing..........

Saban Supports Stabler, cause someone had to help him walk. But I didn't know Nick was there? :rolleyes::P

PS - The speed limit in Robertsdale is fairly low and late at night it does not take much to be over the speed limit. Been there, done that and got the ticket. But I didn't need anyone to support me. :rolleyes:

Archived