Stereotypes ruining your vote?

kwagoner

I am relatively new to the General Forums part of this site. However I see something regularly in the world and have seen a ton of it on here. People are predetermined that a certain party is evil b/c party x believes this. If someone leans a certain way on a particular issue then they are ______. As you may notice, I do not tie myself to a party. I do see a lot of stereotypes both ways and being on the middle ground I wonder if that helps me to see this differently than others.

How is:

- Those "dims" want to tax us to death.

- Those "repugs" only want to flood our coast with oil and destroy the environment.

- Billy doesn't want to drill off FL.............. he must be a liberal democrat

- Susan likes to keep a .38 in her purse................obviously she's a NRA worshiping republican

Different from: (no offense to anyone, I'm using these to make a point; not to voice an opinion)

- Carlos works construction............probably lives in a trailer with 10 other Mexicans

- There was a black family renting the pavilion.............. oh boy, rap music and hot wings.

- Don won't vote for Hilary.............he's a sexist

- Whoa a Mercedez?................. Quite showing off all your money

- She likes horses.............what a freaking redneck!

- Can I spare some change?...............Get a job you drunk!

- Good thing we got out of church at 11:50.........we'll beat the Baptists today.

- Paul is a single dad.....................his ex must be a druggie ho-bag

- Jimmy is 42 and has never been married................must be gay right?

- A racial riot?...............whites and blacks need to get along.

I fail to see a difference myself. Is there any good justification? On a wide scale, I think there are more exceptions to the political stereotypes than people care to realize.

You forgot "typical white people."

White boy playing basketball................... I guess he can only shoot 3's.

Better?

I'm the exception to one..... my name isn't 'Jimmy', I'm 43, not 42, and I'm quite the eligible bachelor, thank you very much. :)

But all the other stereo types are based in fact.

Archived