Spurrier ends practice early

WarTiger

So WHAT........The Players were giggling after the WR got hit, Oooooh can't do that, can't say, "Damn he got knocked the **** Out!" USC will NEVER become a National Contender, Never.

I have no problem with what he did. I bet the guy was shaken up real bad and the others were still laughing. No big deal when a guy gets hit hard in practice, but there is a fine line.

SOS has always babied his WR's and QB's. That's probably the reason why he only won 1 MNC with all those great UF teams.

I have no problem with what he did. I bet the guy was shaken up real bad and the others were still laughing. No big deal when a guy gets hit hard in practice, but there is a fine line.

I agree that it is a fine line. If the guy was on the ground dazed and the defenders were giggling, the coaches I played for would have dished out some grief. If they popped him, he dropped the ball, was a little shaken and the guys had been bantering all day, then no problem.

You had to be there to really know. Spurrier is not a feel good psych guy, so my guess is that he probably needed to get some guys attention anyway and used the opportunity.

Do ya' reckon there was an off the field code red in Columbia last night?

I imagine it was one of those things where you'd have to be there and know the players and the particulars to know what the appropriate response is. Spurrier WAS there and knows the particulars, so I have no reason to second guess him.

Of course, I'm sure glad I don't have to run everytime I overreact to great hit as a spectator. Of course, it's not like me to laugh at a hit, more like "Holy *%&^#!".

[...although I must admit by Brodie's 6th or 7th sack in the 2005 Iron Bowl, things were getting pretty comedic!]

I think it depends. If he's sensed that these guys aren't coming together as a team and are just out there doing their own thing, that's what might have rubbed him the wrong way in addition to the fact that the WR may have been really hurt. Maybe at this point he values them gelling as a group more than seeing hard hits.

I agree that it is a fine line. If the guy was on the ground dazed and the defenders were giggling, the coaches I played for would have dished out some grief. If they popped him, he dropped the ball, was a little shaken and the guys had been bantering all day, then no problem.

You had to be there to really know. Spurrier is not a feel good psych guy, so my guess is that he probably needed to get some guys attention anyway and used the opportunity.

Do ya' reckon there was an off the field code red in Columbia last night?

I'd tell you but......YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

SOS has always babied his WR's and QB's. That's probably the reason why he only won 1 MNC with all those great UF teams.

Actually, Spurrier does this to limit the chance of unnecessary injury during practices. It takes a toll during an entire season. Take Savage's injury for instance -- there's a risk of injury just being out there and making normal contact. What's the sense in having your team beat up one another in practice and possibly keep some of your key players off the field during a game? The Ole Ball Coach has got to be frustrated his players aren't grasping the concept.

Archived