Prayers for Kyle Tatum family

RVTiger

Former Alabama football player Kyle Tatum's Uncle was killed in a boating accident on Lake Martin this past weekend. You can check the Montgomery Advertiser website.

My prayers are with the Tatum family

Former Alabama football player Kyle Tatum's father was killed in a boating accident on Lake Martin this past weekend. You can check the Montgomery Advertiser website.

My prayers are with the Tatum family

It's really sad. Like other posts, this goes beyond Auburn and Alabama football. Kyle's Father, Aunt's and Uncles were in a party boat on Lake Martin. A speed boat driven by a drunk driver ran over them. It was Kyle's uncle, Donnie, that lost his life. Kyle's mother had severe head injuries and is not expected to live.

If I hear of any updates I will keep you posted. Likewise my prayers go with this family.

Anty

Hate to hear that! God bless them during this time of need.

Sorry for the goof in my original post. Yes, it was his uncle and mother. Here is an article in todays Montgomery Advertiser:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

I'm still praying for the family

Prayers sent.... :(

:au::homer:

I grew up with Kyle Tatum and I know his family. Sad days, sending prayers.

The local paper says that the driver of the boat is being charged with boating under the influence and homicide.

Sad days indeed.

It just seems like there have been so many deaths recently. Strange how these things seem to hit in waves.

Sorry for the goof in my original post. Yes, it was his uncle and mother. Here is an article in todays Montgomery Advertiser:

Dude. You gave me a heart attack. I thought big Kenny had bought it.

Prayers to his family.

Very sad indeed. Prayers go out

• 6 months later...

Dude. You gave me a heart attack. I thought big Kenny had bought it.

Prayers to his family.

As a follow up to this, Kyle's mom just passed due to complications from the boat accident. More prayers to their family.

TATUM, Sue Gilmore, a resident of Prattville, AL, diedpeacefully on February 18,2009, from injuries sustainedfrom a boating accident.Funeral services will be heldon Sunday, February 22, 2009,at 3:00 p.m., from the FirstUnited Methodist Church, withReverend Bill Elwell officiating. Burial will follow in Prattville Memory Gardens, withPrattville Memorial Chapel directing. Mrs. Tatum was a devoted wife, mother andgrandmother who was deeply loved and will be dearlymissed. She was preceded indeath by her father, HubertGilmore; mother-in-law andfather-in-law, Mamie andThomas Tatum; brother-in-law,Donnie Tatum. She is survivedby her loving husband of 40years, Kenneth Tatum; onedaughter, Kena (Stephen)Smyth; two sons, Keith (Lori)Tatum, and Kyle Tatum; sixgrandchildren, Jackson, Ella,John Tate, Jess, Isabella, andCashton; her mother, ErlineGilmore; one sister, DebbieBowen; two brothers, JackieGilmore and Tommy (Denise)Gilmore; one sister-in-law, Teresa Tatum; her beloved pet,Maggie; and a host of dearnieces, nephews, and otherfamily members. Pallbearerswill be David Gates, TommyBritt, Randy Britt, Larry Butler,Mike Vineyard, JohnSchremser, Carl Byrd, andLee Hicks. Honorary pallbearers will be the Autauga County Board of Education employees. The family will receive friends at First UnitedMethodist Church on Saturday from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.Also, the family would like toshow their sincere appreciation to the employees of Baptist South and Trinity MedicalCenter for their care duringthis trying time. To express anonline condolence, pleasevisit www.prattvillememorial.com.

Very sad indeed.. my pet peave is for media to call things like this...accident. It was nothing close to an accident, guy was drunk and driving his boat, intentional, nothing accidental about it. I hold to the notion that there a few motor vehicle "accidents" as someone involved made a mistake or lack of judgement. Sorry for rant

Prayers go out to the Tatum family for peace during this time of loss and grief.

Archived