Tuberville on Saban (LINK)

EllisHugh

"What's your relationship like with Nick Saban? You share the same agent, Jimmy Sexton. Do you guys talk much?

TT: Yeah, we talk ... probably more than most people think. I've known Nick a while. He's just one of those guys who likes to move around, but a good football coach.

Saban says Alabama is his last stop and that there are no more horizons for him. You buying that?

TT: You watch, he'll be at Washington next year (laughing and clearly joking)."

AU's Tuberville on Saban

I can already hear a collective sigh from Tuscalosa.

I think he was kind of making a joke then you watch and it's now fodder for the cannon of talk radio. Who knows he may go, but I think he'll be here at least 2 more seasons.

I think he was kind of making a joke then you watch and it's now fodder for the cannon of talk radio. Who knows he may go, but I think he'll be here at least 2 more seasons.

CTT jokes and the Bammer idiots just don't get it. Contrary to most AU folks, I think the $1mil donation from $aban to set up a scholarship sortof indicates he will be at Bammer for a good many years or until they run him off.

CTT jokes and the Bammer idiots just don't get it. Contrary to most AU folks, I think the $1mil donation from $aban to set up a scholarship sortof indicates he will be at Bammer for a good many years or until they run him off.

It wasn't all paid at once. When he leaves he has no obligation to pay any remainder.

I don't think there was any way for the author to be any clearer. <_<

(laughing and clearly joking)

The $4mil boy will tell uat to take a hike within the next two years.

To go where? Who is going to pay him MORE than $4mm a year? He hasn't done anything at bammer, so why would anybody want him? It's not like his stock has risen since he's been at bammer. No NFL team will ever want him back. And how could any other college justify paying him over $4mm/yr for a middle-aged guy that lost to ULM? I don't see $aban taking LESS $$ to bolt bammer, do you? Just askin...

To go where? Who is going to pay him MORE than $4mm a year? He hasn't done anything at bammer, so why would anybody want him? It's not like his stock has risen since he's been at bammer. No NFL team will ever want him back. And how could any other college justify paying him over $4mm/yr for a middle-aged guy that lost to ULM? I don't see $aban taking LESS $$ to bolt bammer, do you? Just askin...

I personally think that the expectations at Bammer have gotten so unbelievably lofty (now add the Forbes article to that arrogance) that he will eventually succumb to the pressure. Literally, and i mean it, if he doesn't at least play in a BCS game (could even be the MNC) by next year, and his ass is HOT! All the Bammies will start bitching and moaning and the "luster" that was lil' Nicky will fall. Like I said before on another thread, if lil' Nicky doesn't win and win BIG (like the Bear) then when he is gone UAT will be in far worse shape than it was before he got there and they will get the CRAPPIEST coach (and as a result players) that are available. Hiring CNS and putting him literally on rock star/ Jesus status was a HUGE gamble for UAT, and I personally think it was VERY BAD DECISION MAKING! Just my two cents for all you Bammies that will start a fight because I wrote this, SO DON'T GO THERE!

Archived