Part of Chris Low q&a w/ Saban

Ashandarei

Part of Forbes' rationale in choosing you was that you had total control of the Alabama football program. Do you have any more control here than you did at LSU or anywhere else?

NS: No, and in a lot of ways, it's the only way you have a chance to get it done like you need to. But we have tremendous support here. We all believe in the chain of command around here, and everybody has been supportive and helpful in trying to right this ship.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Tommy Tuberville earlier this week. How would you characterize your relationship with him?

NS: I like Tommy. I don't have any problem with Tommy. He's done a helluva job there. He's a good coach. He was one year ahead of me when I was at LSU, and we had some hellacious games then. I think they've got a little better players than we have right now, but we've just got to keep working at it.

What about Tuberville's dig that you'd be in Washington next year?

NS: I can't. I'm still under contract at Miami (smiling and shaking his head). He needs to come up with a better one than that.

So that means, as you stated with conviction back in the spring, that you're at Alabama to stay.

NS: I ain't leaving, I might retire, but I'm not leaving this place for anywhere else. The worst decision I ever made was leaving LSU and not just because it was LSU. I wasn't happy [in the NFL]. That wasn't for me. I'm happy here, and this is where I'm going to stay.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec?tag=Nick%20Saban

Not a bad read.

Make sure to keep that....you know, just in case that last bit doesn't go exactly as planned. : )

Part of Forbes' rationale in choosing you was that you had total control of the Alabama football program. Do you have any more control here than you did at LSU or anywhere else?

NS: No, and in a lot of ways, it's the only way you have a chance to get it done like you need to. But we have tremendous support here. We all believe in the chain of command around here, and everybody has been supportive and helpful in trying to right this ship.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Tommy Tuberville earlier this week. How would you characterize your relationship with him?

NS: I like Tommy. I don't have any problem with Tommy. He's done a helluva job there. He's a good coach. He was one year ahead of me when I was at LSU, and we had some hellacious games then. I think they've got a little better players than we have right now, but we've just got to keep working at it.

NS: I can't. I'm still under contract at Miami (smiling and shaking his head). He needs to come up with a better one than that.

So that means, as you stated with conviction back in the spring, that you're at Alabama to stay.

NS: I ain't leaving, I might retire, but I'm not leaving this place for anywhere else. The worst decision I ever made was leaving LSU and not just because it was LSU. I wasn't happy [in the NFL]. That wasn't for me. I'm happy here, and this is where I'm going to stay.

Not a bad read.

From the same man that said "I wont be the next head coach at Bama..."

Not a bad read.

OK, you can just call me gullible, but I do believe that he will stay here. That may just be 5-7 years because I believe that he will retire early. He goes at his job so full force and doesn't relax much, so he needs to do that with his family before he's old and can't enjoy it. He may have promised his wife that he would coach X amount of years and then they would retire and enjoy life. I can't see him being like Bobby Bowden and coaching forever, but ya never know.

I think the Bama nation will want him to stay as long as he wants to stay. I think that he is a good coach and he as good game plans, but he can't play on the field, and we still have to rely on the players to make the plays. In several games last year, it got down to interceptions, fumbles, and mistakes that made us lose the game. I can not fault a coach for this, and as long has he has the team up for the game and prepared for the game, I can put my trust in him .

Not a bad read.

OK, you can just call me gullible, but I do believe that he will stay here. That may just be 5-7 years because I believe that he will retire early. He goes at his job so full force and doesn't relax much, so he needs to do that with his family before he's old and can't enjoy it. He may have promised his wife that he would coach X amount of years and then they would retire and enjoy life. I can't see him being like Bobby Bowden and coaching forever, but ya never know.

I think the Bama nation will want him to stay as long as he wants to stay. I think that he is a good coach and he as good game plans, but he can't play on the field, and we still have to rely on the players to make the plays. In several games last year, it got down to interceptions, fumbles, and mistakes that made us lose the game. I can not fault a coach for this, and as long has he has the team up for the game and prepared for the game, I can put my trust in him .

They will ONLY if he wins games and BEATS AU!!

Not a bad read.

OK, you can just call me gullible, but I do believe that he will stay here. That may just be 5-7 years because I believe that he will retire early. He goes at his job so full force and doesn't relax much, so he needs to do that with his family before he's old and can't enjoy it. He may have promised his wife that he would coach X amount of years and then they would retire and enjoy life.

sorry but how do you know this? How do you know how hard he works? Are you in the AD department? Please don't act like he works any harder at his job than any other coach. That's just plain stupid..

I can't see him being like Bobby Bowden and coaching forever, but ya never know.

I think the Bama nation will want him to stay as long as he wants to stay.

I think given the results we've seen so far, the rest of the SEC wouldn't mind him sticking around either. I mean, where else can you go collect $4 Million + a year and have more arrests than wins?

I think that he is a good coach and he as good game plans, but he can't play on the field, and we still have to rely on the players to make the plays. In several games last year, it got down to interceptions, fumbles, and mistakes that made us lose the game. I can not fault a coach for this, and as long has he has the team up for the game and prepared for the game, I can put my trust in him .

I think he's an average coach at best and the ULM debacle should never happen. Look back when tuberville took over at Auburn and we had app. state on the schedule. We BARELY won the game, but we still WON. uat should (even with the probation excuse or anything else you want to use) never have even struggled with ULM, much less lost. That's obviously not having a team prepared... but, hey, if your happy, I'm certainly happy seeing uat go 6-6 or 7-6 every year. You trust that man? really? bet you won't be saying this in 2 years...

[

OK, you can just call me gullible, but I do believe that he will stay here. That may just be 5-7 years because I believe that he will retire early. He goes at his job so full force and doesn't relax much, so he needs to do that with his family before he's old and can't enjoy it. He may have promised his wife that he would coach X amount of years and then they would retire and enjoy life.

sorry but how do you know this? How do you know how hard he works? Are you in the AD department? Please don't act like he works any harder at his job than any other coach. That's just plain stupid..

No where in my post did I say anything about Coach Saban working harder at his job than any other coach, and the comment was not stupid. I just meant that he works hard(as do a lot of people in the state, county, country, and world..............wouldn't want to leave any one out) and I could easily see him retiring early.

I can unlike some other people on occassion make a comment about my team or my coach without having to compare him/it to any one/thing else. Try it sometime.

I've despised Nick Saban well before there was any thought of him being at Alabama. I couldn't stand the guy at LSwho. But . . . I am glad he is back in the SEC. I think a character like tricky Nick belongs in this league. He's one of those "bad guys" like Fulmer or Spurrier, or in a way, almost like Nutt or Miles. I don't mean he's a bad person necessarily, just percieved in that way. I think its a stigma that will likely stay with him no matter how long he coaches.

Bottom line, I knew I liked Saban being back in the league after the 1st half of last year's Tennessee game. His reaction after the Vols punched in a last second field goal was priceless. I thought then, as I do now, that Nick Saban, at some level, is just what Bama deserves, and what the SEC needs - another percieved "bad guy."

Ryan

No where in my post did I say anything about Coach Saban working harder at his job than any other coach, and the comment was not stupid. I just meant that he works hard(as do a lot of people in the state, county, country, and world..............wouldn't want to leave any one out) and I could easily see him retiring early.

I can unlike some other people on occassion make a comment about my team or my coach without having to compare him/it to any one/thing else. Try it sometime.

Sorry, my opinion still stands and whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. Believe me, I've seen your kind before. You've always got a backhanded swipe waiting behind your back, just like the rest of your bammer ilk. It's only a matter of time before you use it. Nice little (childish) dig about the comparison. Perfect, and fitting of the backhanded swipe with the i'm better than you attitude. Typical of the uat fan base.

Now, let me see, since this uater spending their free time on an auburn board wants to call me out here.....

Auburn has won 50 games over the last 5 years. That averages out to 10 wins a season, and the future only looks brighter. Have a WAR EAGLE DAY!!!!

Archived