Its Official: Bammers' Love of The Past has "Jumped the Shark."

DKW 86

:lol::lol: Pat Dye said the problem with uat is thay "they need to just bury that hat." I think this picture means the bammies aren't taking Dye's advice to heart.

are you kidding me? that is the most ignorant thing I've ever seen.

Bammer has totally become the biggest circus and joke in the NCAA.

Idol worship is in full force at the crapstone, oh well the punishment will be severe.

Idol worship is in full force at the crapstone, oh well the punishment will be severe.

They have turned BDS into a putt-putt golf course. How funny!

and if you get the ball in a certain place on the hat, a bottle of Jack Daniels pops up out of the top...

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Coming soon....

1572187175_f9d6c1efda.jpg?v=0

Boy, I can already imagine the frat boy stories about where they took their dates after the party. It's not real comfortable up there, but it makes for a good story.

Ok, you guys know that I have always admitted to things, and I can't help it but I love the houndstooth hat, and I have always been the one to admit living(remembering) in the past. Ya just can't help it, when it looks better than the recent past, and you're not sure of the future. Now with that being said, I hope that they aren't going to put the hat on the scoreboard or something. We have to admit to the fact that Coach Bryant will always be a part of us, and we just can't help it. Before the games when they have his voice over the speakers, it gives me a chill that I just can't explain. I will say that if Coach Saban wants it gone, then that's ok too, because I can go to the museum anytime I want and get my Bear fix.

I admit to owning one of the hats, but I don't wear it anymore. The last time I wore it was the 1992 Sugar bowl. Hey, maybe I'd better start wearing it again. My hat is one of the old ones with the Paul Bear signature in gold on the inside head band, and the reason that it means so much to me is because my dad gave it to me before he passed away. He loved Bama football, and that is one of the reasons that I am such a fan, and I think that is true of a lot of our fans. We learned it from our parents, and it is in our blood.

Ok, you guys know that I have always admitted to things, and I can't help it but I love the houndstooth hat, and I have always been the one to admit living(remembering) in the past. Ya just can't help it, when it looks better than the recent past, and you're not sure of the future. Now with that being said, I hope that they aren't going to put the hat on the scoreboard or something. We have to admit to the fact that Coach Bryant will always be a part of us, and we just can't help it. Before the games when they have his voice over the speakers, it gives me a chill that I just can't explain. I will say that if Coach Saban wants it gone, then that's ok too, because I can go to the museum anytime I want and get my Bear fix.

I admit to owning one of the hats, but I don't wear it anymore. The last time I wore it was the 1992 Sugar bowl. Hey, maybe I'd better start wearing it again. My hat is one of the old ones with the Paul Bear signature in gold on the inside head band, and the reason that it means so much to me is because my dad gave it to me before he passed away. He loved Bama football, and that is one of the reasons that I am such a fan, and I think that is true of a lot of our fans. We learned it from our parents, and it is in our blood.

You mean that grumbling sound that comes from the scoreboard before the game? My stomach sounds like that too after about six or seven Krystals. I call it bubble guts

In your blood? May I suggest a visit to a Doctor...quick...... :puke:

Coming soon....

Soon the entrance to the stadium will be a big walk-through volcano!

Anybody know where the bumper boat section is? Watching the IB from my orange bumper boat is gonna ROCK!

Coming soon....

Soon the entrance to the stadium will be a big walk-through volcano!

Anybody know where the bumper boat section is? Watching the IB from my orange bumper boat is gonna ROCK!

bearhat.jpg

6928634ZTKtTbeKfe_ph.jpg

Welcome to Bryant-Denny Stadium...

Where the Alabama Crimson Tide Wins SEC Titles

and Plays for National Championships....

Where a hole-in-one wins a free game!!!!

the hat is for a concession stand called Bear's Den.....calm down.

How is it any less tragic? Its going into your stadium and it is a Giant Houndstooth hat.

Its a picture that explains more than you could ever try to deny.

Hey BG.....I thought you said that no one wears those houndstooth hats? I'll bet Coach Dinky is going to have a problem with "The Hat". Hey, maybe he could wear it, it'd fit his inflated ego sized head.

Those spiral ramps will make EXCELLENT go-kart tracks!

I bet they will have a #12 go kart with an extra-long line like when you want to ride in the front of BatMan at Six Flags!

Hell, Why not go ahead and Move Alabama Adventure to Bryant Denny as well..

ALABAMA Football "one big AMUSEMENT park"

I can't wait to watch AUBURN put up 50 on the Bryant Denny Score Bord going down

the water slide... what Fun would be had by all.

Hell, Why not go ahead and Move Alabama Adventure to Bryant Denny as well..

ALABAMA Football "one big AMUSEMENT park"

I can't wait to watch AUBURN put up 50 on the Bryant Denny Score Bord going down

the water slide... what Fun would be had by all.

I can see it now, Big Al will be the next "Bernie Brewer"... B)

the hat is for a concession stand called Bear's Den.....calm down.

I thought it was going on the "Logan Young Memorial ATM".........

Update on the hat:

http://deadspin.com/5042977/giant-houndsto...d-the-bears-den

houndstooth_hat.jpeg

Somewhere the ghost of Bear Bryant is crying. And not just because Alabama outsourced the giant houndstooth hat to a Connecticut based company. But because, you know, this seems like something that should exist just outside the Tampa Bay Bucs pirate ship. The goal is to spruce up the concession stands at Bryant-Denny stadium. In addition to the Bear's Den (get it, get it), there will be Ezell's Fish Camp (looks like a fish camp) and Crimson Fried (looks like everything that everyone is already eating). How big is the houndstooth hat? Try 550 pounds.

The hat arrived Wednesday and workers began immediately to put it into the stadium, using a 150-foot crane to hoist it behind section U4 in the north end zone. Weighing 550 pounds, the fiberglass houndstooth hat will sit above the concession stand at an angle so fans can see the front and top of the hat, said Diana Evans, a spokeswoman for the Connecticut-based company.

Thank god it's at an angle. Otherwise tons of Alabama fans would be standing around trying to figure out what the top of a hat looks like. Or to make sure Jimmy Johns wasn't dealing coke off the crown.

Archived