Southern Miss record yardage and 51 points

BZ770

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/in....xml&coll=3

633 yards of offense on their new spread offense against L Lafayette. Southern Miss has always been a good team that always plays hard. This should be a great game to see what our Defense has. Thoughts.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/in....xml&coll=3

633 yards of offense on their new spread offense against L Lafayette. Southern Miss has always been a good team that always plays hard. This should be a great game to see what our Defense has. Thoughts.

I think that most of you would agree that Auburn's D under CTT has consistently risen to the level of competition. I'm sure that there are a few exceptions to this general rule, but overall I think it's a fair representation. With that being said, I think we'll be even more hyped on D to play S. Miss and shut them down as well.

On the O-side, I would also think that with the coaching comments and the overall performance vs. expectation that our boys on O will have a little pride riding on the line going into this game as well. Expectations were high coming into this game and there is no way that the ENTIRE O doesn't know that. As a player, you can't lose an OC and then hear all the blah-blah about the new explosive spread that's being brought in and how it will improve our passing game and not feel disappointed with Saturday's passing results. No-way...If they aren't fired up to improve, we've got the wrong bunch playing and I know that's not CTT's standard. Beside's that, I guarantee that the D will be riding the O to perform better than they did-especially the WR's and QB's-I'm sure the team leaders will be practicing internal management and motivation as we all know it's part of team dynamics.

If the most improvement of the season occurs between games 1 and 2, then I think we should all be looking forward to this weeks game with much anticipation.

War Damn Eagle!

Auburn 38

S. Miss 17

I hope we can move the ball and score some points against you guys. Our run D isn't very good as we've replaced our entire defensive line from last year. With your running game and our shotty run D, we're gonna have to score some points. New coach, new offense, new QB spells a hard task for my Eagles. We know AU is no ULL and we'll have to play very well to be in the game at the end.

Having said that, you guys don't stand a chance!!!!!!!!! :blink:

USM 128

AU 6

I hope we can move the ball and score some points against you guys. Our run D isn't very good as we've replaced our entire defensive line from last year. With your running game and our shotty run D, we're gonna have to score some points. New coach, new offense, new QB spells a hard task for my Eagles. We know AU is no ULL and we'll have to play very well to be in the game at the end.

USM 128

AU 6

:roflol::roflol:

USM 128

AU 6

I like that prediction, though probably a little high on the AU side! LOL! I just hope USM rolls in and makes a competitive game of it. They always seem to play the tough teams tougher than they play the C-USA teams. I think if they can win a game or two against the likes of AU, they will be going places... just from the confidence boost they'll get!

I think USM might be good enough to shut down a one dimensional offense. If AU's passing game is as bad as advertised this past Sat. (I have a feeling it is.), we might want to go to a run oriented spread and start Kodi Burns using the pass as a side note. Might as well play to our strengths. If we come out and try to throw against USM with a passing game as bad as the one we have seen, then we will most likely lose to USM.

I think AU will be ok. USM will be a great challenge, and the score will be closer at the half than most would want. AU will pull away in the second half and win by 14-17 points.

It will be an interesting game.

USM 128

AU 6

Did you guys get Brett Favre back? :thumbsdown:

Lets's see USM will wear out our defense (using Franklins theory), Kodi won't play, turnovers will be huge.

Kicking game wins it for Auburn...late

AU 24

USM 21

USM 128

AU 6

Did you guys get Brett Favre back? :thumbsdown:

Yes, he'll be wearing #12 on Saturday. But don't tell anyone. :gofig:

Archived