Vandy vs. USC

Auburnfan91

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Vandy just scored and is leading 24-10 with a little over 9 minutes to go in the game.

I'm sure Spurrier will not be happy about this, I know Vanderbilt has improved over the years but Spurrier can't like losing 2 straight years to the Dores. Btw, Vandy's crowd is doing a "blackout". lol

I holding my breathe, Vandy has had the lead in the past only give it up.

Gotta root Vandy, especially against the "Ole Ball Coach"

Go Dores!!

Your right, Vandy has seen it too often over the last couple of years.

USC just scored. Its 24-17 with just over 7 minutes to go. Still an eternity from being over if your Vandy.

I Love #31 Hawkins.......That's the Ballgame, Go Vandy!!!!!! This is Freakin' Awesome. I hope that the Auburn players are watching this, to let them know, you can't take Anyone for advantage. The Goal Posts will be coming down

Game over. Vandy just ran the ball for a first down!!!

Vandy upesets #24 USC 24-17.

Congrat to Vandy for beating the Ole' Ball Coach 2 years in a row. wow...

Doesn't look like the fans ever made it to the field.

Hahahahaha

Way to go Vandy! Makes me excited to see AU play Vandy since I have tickets to the game.

Congrats to Bobby Johnson and Vandy! I hope they make a bowl game (not at Auburn's expense of course). Or will this be the game that keeps another SEC team out of the bowl mix? It seems Vandy beats someone that prevents a bowl game (Tennessee, South Carolina) and they drop a game that keeps them from a bowl game (Middle Tennessee State).

But of course, Steve Spurrier is the greatest SEC coach :rolleyes: When will the "experts" learn? The guy won a couple of SEC championships and a national championship. But the guy is past his time at a program that can't win. If he is truly the best, why is he losing to Vanderbilt two years in a row and not making bowl games and not winning any significant games (he beat UGA last year, but that is about it).

I love it! For the last few years I have continually stated on this board that Bobby Johnson is very underrated. When Shula was fired, I was scared that he would have been a candidate and UAT would hire him. If that man could get to a school where he could recruit top players, he would build or rebuild an awesome program. His discipline and his knowledge of the game will not keep him at Vandy much longer.

Forget Bama, SEC beware of Vandy! Good game from what I saw in the second half, special teams really hurt South Carolina. PC, 6 SEC championships is more than a couple. Spurrier's biggest problem is the fact that he can't recruit the talent to SoCar like he could to Florida.

I was really surrpsied how USC's defense played in the 2nd half. They really got outplayed. Although to be fair their offense didn't help keep them off the field.

Vandy is 2-0, only 4 more wins and they'll be bowl eligible. lol

Could this finally be the year?.. I'm sure Johnson will try to keep his team focuesed even after upsetting USC.

Hmm, I didn't know you were an expert on hammered ass BG. Agree big time about SoCar being an underachiever, not just under Spurrier but ever since they started playing football.

Im so glad Bama doesnt play Vandy this year. Not that they have beaten us lately, but they always seem to play a really tough game.

BTW, USC doesnt look to good. Im surprised that CSS cant get them going.

When does Auburn play Vandy? Is it at Vandy or Auburn?

You're dead on Ranger about Coach Johnson....If he start to be contacted by other Universities, I have a feeling that Vandy will realize that they have a Great Coach on their hands and match whatever the others are willing to. I hope he stays at Vandy, because I Love Vanderbilt. If I have a son or daughter and they have a choice of going to Auburn or Vanderbilt on Full Rides.....I'm telling them to call me when they reach Nashville. As Much as I Love Auburn, I'd have to have to be unbiased. So, does this put Vandy into the top 25? It should, when there are a couple of AP Voters that have Missouri and uat as the Top 2 teams. I'm a big Vandy fan, whenever they aren't playing Auburn. War Eagle and War Coach Bobby Johnson.

Hey, they should be on the next SI.....now, that would be worth buying.

Im so glad Bama doesnt play Vandy this year. Not that they have beaten us lately, but they always seem to play a really tough game.

BTW, USC doesnt look to good. Im surprised that CSS cant get them going.

When does Auburn play Vandy? Is it at Vandy or Auburn?

It's @ Vandy on Oct. 4th. That's after we slug it out with LSU and Tennessee....and it's before we have Ar-Kansas come to Our House.

You're dead on Ranger about Coach Johnson....If he start to be contacted by other Universities, I have a feeling that Vandy will realize that they have a Great Coach on their hands and match whatever the others are willing to. I hope he stays at Vandy, because I Love Vanderbilt. If I have a son or daughter and they have a choice of going to Auburn or Vanderbilt on Full Rides.....I'm telling them to call me when they reach Nashville. As Much as I Love Auburn, I'd have to have to be unbiased. So, does this put Vandy into the top 25? It should, when there are a couple of AP Voters that have Missouri and uat as the Top 2 teams. I'm a big Vandy fan, whenever they aren't playing Auburn. War Eagle and War Coach Bobby Johnson.

Hey, they should be on the next SI.....now, that would be worth buying.

full ride to Vandy? Good luck with that

I have always liked Vandy also. Probably because they have always been the underdog in the SEC. I was up in Annapolis a few years ago watching them play Navy. I think I was the only guy in the stadium pulling for Vandy. Funny thing was that I had participated in an Admiral's tailgate that I was invited to before the game and I loved the look of some of those high ranking swabbies when they saw me rooting for Vandy. SEC baby!

I told a Captain that the both are naval connected, so pulling for Vandy was sort of like pulling for Navy since the were the Commodores. Kind of like the old school Navy versus the modern Navy.

Everyone likes Vandy....until they start beating you. Then all bets are off. They haven't been a significant threat to the good teams in the SEC so no one has really cared. Plus I think people feel sorry for the team because the most of the alumni couldn't tell you the difference in a goal line and baseline.

Everyone likes Vandy....until they start beating you. Then all bets are off. They haven't been a significant threat to the good teams in the SEC so no one has really cared. Plus I think people feel sorry for the team because the most of the alumni couldn't tell you the difference in a goal line and baseline.

Leak's knee was down. Vandy got the shaft.

Is anyone really shocked? USC looked like hammered ass last week and has been a severe underachiever under spurrier.

Really dissapointed in them yet again.

... but yet and still, USC shut out NCST...

By the way, NCST plays Clemson on the 13th... I personally hope NCST pulls this one out of their @$$

Another thing that people seem to have not realized yet is that this W by Vandy will help out Strength of Schedule. I just hope Vandy continues to defeat Rice and a win over Wake Forest would be great. If they can defeat Kentucky (another SEC team we do not play), that would be fantastic.

They also play MSU, who we obviously play, but if MSU continues to play like they did last week - I think it would be good for Vandy to defeat them as well. The worst thing is for the bottom feeders to beat each other. It's better to have 1 bottom feeder and 1 bowl eligible team, rather than 2 bottom feeders. So here is to Vandy defeating MSU as well.

So I don't post much on here, but decided to check today and see what other programs were saying about us.

Let me tell you, the Carolina faithful is burning Spurrier and our players in effigy today. Obivously, expectations are high and a lot of us very upset with the way our team played. Vandy clearly is a better team than they used to be and has now proven it twice against us. Plus, last year they come very close to beating both Georgia and Tennessee. Nevertheless, the thing that is driving most of us crazy is that we have the best talent we've probably ever had at USC and aren't able to win a game that we're "suppose" to win.

I'll say this, and I mean this with all due respect to Vandy. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't play smart you are not going to win. We've been beaten two consecutive years by Vandy because they were a smarter football team than we are (and dare I say better coached). Honestly, I haven't seen them do anything extrodinary to beat us. However, they've played their game, had minimal mistakes and patiently waited for us to make a mistake.

Hats off to Coach Johnson. He has really done an excellent job at Vandy considering what he has to work with. You all are very right in that larger programs will come calling for him. Rumor around South Carolina is that he's in line for Clemson if Bowden gets fired. A few years ago Holtz tried to hire him away from Vandy to be our D-Coordinator. I think he took the job and quickly changed his mind.

Nevertheless, we'll get all this anger out of our systems in a few days, realize that we've still got a lot of football ahead of us and start looking forward to Georgia. While it's hard for me to find any ray of hope right now I will say that we are putting the same guys up against Georgia that beat them last year. So, and as Vandy proved, you never know what can happen. (Typical Gamecock optimism.)

Cheers!

Archived