UGA vs. Bama

Bama Possum

This thread is in response to the other thread, so I will try and share my thoughts with as little bias as possible.

This game is really still a battle of the unknowns. Why? Because no one can seem to agree on the quality of the previous opponents. While some point to Alabama's victory over Clemson as a milestone, many feel Clemson is a weak opponent. Some point to Georgia's win over ASU as important, while others point to the weak nature of their conference and the loss to Nevada as proof of ASU's weakness. Both Bama and UGA have shown chinks in their armor versus other opponents, but have still won. Bama versus Tulane and UGA versus South Carolina.

The stats are very similar for both teams, but those are deceiving as well. Part of Georgia's success at run defense can be attributed to the passing nature of their opponents. The same can be said for Alabama.

The fact is, these teams match up pretty well. While Stafford is better than JPW, the other skill factors in the game are fairly even. Jones and Green are both effective and Moreno is offset by the combination of Coffee and Ingram.

In my opinion this game will come down to game plan, motivation, and mistakes. Those are the real X-factors. Richt has announced the "blackout" to peak the emotion, and it may factor in early on.

How Alabama wins- Wilson is going to have to throw more effectively and the receivers are going to have to step up to make the field vertical and take some men out of the box. Bama needs to run the clock on offense and limit Georgia's offense lie they did Clemson. Turnovers will spell trouble.

How Georgia wins- Stafford will have to spread the wealth and Georgia's O-line must adjust to the blitz schemes. Moreno must have a good day and keep the Bama D on the field. Turnovers are just as deadly for the Dawgs.

The only way a blowout will occur either way is if mistakes steal the thunder from either side. If the game is relatively mistake free, it's going to be a slobber knocker.

(other factors)

1. Can Bama stop the screen pass?

2. Can Georgia stop the run against a running team?

3. Georgia needs to keep penalties from stalling drives.

4. Who gets hurt? Bama's depth in certain positions can't handle the loss. (see Andre Smith)

Opinions?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With sure-thing-Heisman-winner Julio Jones and Heisman Runner up JPW, we stand very little chance

He was trying to start an intelligent discussion...and this is all you can offer? Wasn't the other thread for this kind of drivel?

With sure-thing-Heisman-winner Julio Jones and Heisman Runner up JPW, we stand very little chance

Don't forget that all the flash bulbs from the SI guys taking snapshots for the new cover will also be a distraction. :big:

He was trying to start an intelligent discussion...and this is all you can offer? Wasn't the other thread for this kind of drivel?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=526721

My thoughts on the game have already been discussed

Are you so stupid that you can't read?

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=526721

My thoughts on the game have already been discussed

I actually feel bad for BG in the last few days....he seems to be surrounded by idiots.

:P It was a joke big guy. I read the thread.

Edit: There really wasn't a reason for this thread to be made...as there are already around 5 on the topic.

I am not in a joking mood today

It is serious SouthLink today

Work is absolutely kicking my ass

Go figure right before a big game

Yeah...I'm on edge because I've almost got a ticket to the game...but it's not for sure yet.

I honestly think uat is over-estimating their chances. UGA is a national championship contender. Alabama is rebuilding. They have had an OK season so far, and still will after this, but they have not played anybody yet.

Also, nobody anywhere has mentioned the "I" word for bammer. "What if" there is a significant injury to anyone on offense? This is the kind of game that stuff happens in.

Also, nobody anywhere has mentioned the "I" word for bammer. "What if" there is a significant injury to anyone on offense? This is the kind of game that stuff happens in.

Well, if it's on the O-Line, we're effed. Running back...well we're pretty deep there with solid players. Receivers, same thing. If JPW gets hurt (and he's having a good game), we'd be in some real trouble.

Who is your backup QB?

Greg McElroy. He's not terrible...but he just doesn't have the experience that JPW has, and that's something we need against a top notch SEC team.

Well, let me be clear that I NEVER wish an injury on any kid, regardless of who he plays for.

But something like that could be catastrophic for Alabama. UGA not so much.

Alabama may pull it out, but I think it is way more of a longshot than most people are admitting.

Well, let me be clear that I NEVER wish an injury on any kid, regardless of who he plays for.

But something like that could be catastrophic for Alabama. UGA not so much.

Alabama may pull it out, but I think it is way more of a longshot than most people are admitting.

I agree on the injury thing 100%.

As far as being a longshot....well it all depends on which Alabama team shows up, and that's still in the air. Good ole consistantly inconsistant.

WOW

I just heard Eli Gold on the radio and I didn't realize Alabama had an All-SEC player at every position and that UGA has no chance because Alabama has won more NC's

uat has NO rb that is in the same category as #24 KM............ :no:

uat has NO rb that is in the same category as #24 KM............ :no:

But, but , but the combination of Coffee and Ingram equal Moreno! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

WOW

I just heard Eli Gold on the radio and I didn't realize Alabama had an All-SEC player at every position and that UGA has no chance because Alabama has won more NC's

Welcome to the state of Alabama, enjoy your stay. That sums up the thought pattern of 95.67% of Alabama fans 365 days a year, it has little to do with UGA.

If UAT can stop Noshawn, I think the UAT secondary is good enough to slow down Dega' boy (Stafford). I just don't see a UGA team that struggled with USC blowing away UAT.

WOW

Welcome to the state of Alabama, enjoy your stay. That sums up the thought pattern of 95.67% of Alabama fans 365 days a year, it has little to do with UGA.

If UAT can stop Noshawn, I think the UAT secondary is good enough to slow down Dega' boy (Stafford). I just don't see a UGA team that struggled with USC blowing away UAT.

Did you just......somewhat compliment Georgia?

You did, didn't you?

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

WOW

what about a uat team that struggled with Tulane? UGA will run on them.

I am actually picking UAT in this one. At first I thought there was no way that UAT beats UGA. I have changed my mind all because UAT has Mount Cody and obviously no one can block him and if no one can block him, he will be in the backfield which means that Mareno can't run the ball which says UGA will lose. Go figure, just a hunch.

Archived