UPTEMPO

the deacon

I could have sworn that we were sold on the premise that this would be an uptempo offense designed to weardown and confuse opposing defenses. I could have sworn that I saw that begin to come to fruition at the Peach Bowl. Alas, that was a two QB system that used Kodi Burns situationally to great effect; including him being named the MVP. It also hinted of imagination and daring. From 94 plays in the Peach to approx. 70 plays per game with MONTHS more prep time, what happened? What changed? Three words for ya,'Kodi, imagination,daring.Comments welcome! AND I won't call you names for disagreeing; that's for the ignorant and cowardly.

One other word... if you are satisfied with "almost, next year,but, because,close,etc." you're not the lead dog.

:au: '80/'88

TROY '98

I could have sworn that we were sold on the premise that this would be an uptempo offense designed to weardown and confuse opposing defenses. I could have sworn that I saw that begin to come to fruition at the Peach Bowl. Alas, that was a two QB system that used Kodi Burns situationally to great effect; including him being named the MVP. It also hinted of imagination and daring. From 94 plays in the Peach to approx. 70 plays per game with MONTHS more prep time, what happened? What changed? Three words for ya,'Kodi, imagination,daring.Comments welcome! AND I won't call you names for disagreeing; that's for the ignorant and cowardly.

One other word... if you are satisfied with "almost, next year,but, because,close,etc." you're not the lead dog.

:au: '80/'88

TROY '98

really, 70 plays a game on offense isn't bad.

'Runs' , that is not the uptempo we were told was coming and our opps. have been close or better. From 94 down to 70 is quite a difference. My point is that something is missing... maybe some key plays by Kodi. That keeps Todd starting and the defenses guessing.

The change in clock rules will probably prevent us from getting to 90 in most games, if not all.

I think they're still working some things out before they can get to the tempo. I see being able to run the ball as a huge part of that. If you can't run the ball and line up and throw 3 incomplete passes in 10 seconds, that does more harm than good.

We saw it briefly during the LSU game, and we had them on their heels. However, our drive stalled without putting up any points... twice. The situation changed at that point - we needed to start burning the clock and resting our defense.

'Runs' , that is not the uptempo we were told was coming and our opps. have been close or better. From 94 down to 70 is quite a difference. My point is that something is missing... maybe some key plays by Kodi. That keeps Todd starting and the defenses guessing.

i understand that its not what you were told was coming, i'm just saying i don't think 70 is unreasonable at all. i would be interested to see the amount of teams that run 90+ snaps a game. i doubt there would be many. something else you also have to consider is how much that demands physically. that is ALOT on a body. even WRs will get tired about 70+ snaps, much less OL. i think you should really focus more on actual clock time possession instead of X amount of snaps.

Archived