Time to move on CTT supporters

AUTaxMan

For the umpteenth time under Tuberville, we were completely unprepared for a game. If we want to get serious about winning a championship, we need to move on. We have gotten progressively worse in on-field performance and recruiting over the past several years, and it isn't looking any better for next year.

For the umpteenth time under Tuberville, we were completely unprepared for a game. If we want to get serious about winning a championship, we need to move on. We have gotten progressively worse in on-field performance and recruiting over the past several years, and it isn't looking any better for next year.

:rolleyes::homer:

CTT beat UAT 6 years in a row. When is the last time a coach at Auburn did that. He also has an undefeated record and should have had a MNC during his tenure here. Before this year, he was coaching one of the most successful programs in the last few years. Yet, you want to fire him after one year? Who are you going to replace him with?

Am I happy about this year? Heck no. Yet some of you remind me of the UAT fans that were calling for Bill Curry's head when we gave them their first loss of the year, and the did can him. How soon some forget how much a coach has did for a program after just one bad year that was preceded by some of the most successful seasons at Auburn.

How ironic you would make a post to fire CTT and talk about how things have gotten worse the last few years, but yet you have a logo of the 2004 season in your sig.

I agree. Saban played to win tonite, CTT usually plays not to lose. 5-7 and getting blown out by UA.. thats grounds for him getting to boot. its time for a different approach, how I now envy Tennessee.

Tubs is not going anywhere except out to find a new OC. Lets see how that pans out before we go asking for his head. He is a good coach that made a bad decision this year. I hate losing as much as anyone but lets give him a break. Tubs has done a lot for AU. War Eagle! Go Gators!

CTT beat UAT 6 years in a row. When is the last time a coach at Auburn did that. He also has an undefeated record and should have had a MNC during his tenure here. Before this year, he was coaching one of the most successful programs in the last few years. Yet, you want to fire him after one year? Who are you going to replace him with?

Am I happy about this year? Heck no. Yet some of you remind me of the UAT fans that were calling for Bill Curry's head when we gave them their first loss of the year, and the did can him. How soon some forget how much a coach has did for a program after just one bad year that was preceded by some of the most successful seasons at Auburn.

How ironic you would make a post to fire CTT and talk about how things have gotten worse the last few years, but yet you have a logo of the 2004 season in your sig.

How about this Auburn is 14-11 the last two seasons.

1-1 against bama

0-2 against the Big East

0-1 against Vandy

0-2 against Lsu

0-2 against Ga

1-1 against Ole Piss

It is starting to amaze me how many AU fans in recent years have started sounding like the fans from that other school. We used to ridicule them for being so fickle with all the coaching changes the have made since Bryant. They fired Curry, who was the most successful coach since Bryant, because hew as 0-3 against us.

Now some of our fan base is sounding just like the bammers, so can we make fun of them anymore because of that. How ironic that success might have spoiled some of our fan base to make them so fickle, yet they want to fire the guy responsible for that success.

IMHO, any halfwits who screams for Tuberville's firing is little better than a Bama fan. The man pulled this program out of the ash heap. One bad season and you're ready for his head? Are you people unhinged?

IMHO, any halfwits who screams for Tuberville's firing is little better than a Bama fan. The man pulled this program out of the ash heap. One bad season and you're ready for his head? Are you people unhinged?

1-1 against bama

0-2 against the Big East

0-1 against Vandy

0-2 against Lsu

0-2 against Ga

1-1 against Ole Piss

1-0 against florida. B)

The guy's earned a chance to turn it around next year.

1-1 against bama

0-2 against the Big East

0-1 against Vandy

0-2 against Lsu

0-2 against Ga

1-1 against Ole Piss

1-0 against florida. B)

The guy's earned a chance to turn it around next year.

What did the Gator win buy us? BCS berth? SECCG berth? Facts are a biatch. Tommy has laid down on this program and his players. Don't let the door knob hit you Tommy.

So we are halfwits to settle on a 5-7 record this season. A lose to Vandy. An 36-0 ass whooping by our state rival. So be happy with your 7 then.

1-1 against bama

0-2 against the Big East

0-1 against Vandy

0-2 against Lsu

0-2 against Ga

1-1 against Ole Piss

You are going to use 2 seasons, one of them being a 5-7 season, and try to compare that to the last 6 seasons? Please explain how that works to me. I believe in quality assurance, we would say that the sample size you are using is not large enough to get a good idea on how accurate the specs of the product really is. It is not representative of the whole production run, nor how well repeatability and reproducibility can be predicated.

For instance you are saying in the last two years CTT is 14-11. You are using two samples (years), yet one sample (this year) is really bad while the other sample (last year) would considered above average or at worst average. You are auditing only two samples to make it representative of 10 samples. That is what you are doing, right?

This was CTT's second losing season at AU, the first one being his first year here. Before this year, CTT was average just about 9 wins a season, which includes that losing season his first year. Now after this year, he is average 8.5 wins, which is not good for our program, but not Doug Barfield numbers either.

Sandwiched in between his first year and this current year, CTT has averaged just around 9.5 wins a season. Can you say rebuilding year for this year?

Out of 10 years, CTT has finished the year with the team ranked in both AP and Coache's polls 6 times. He is now the dean of SEC coaches. He has brought discipline and integrity to the program. Listening to analyst predications from outside the state (ESPN, CBS, FOX Sports, SI, The Sporting News) there were still several that thought a below average Auburn team was still capable of beating undefeated UAT team. I remember a time where that would have been laughed at, but yet CTT has brought respect to a program that we have demanded since the Barfield days.

So, again, I ask you, why would you fire him and who would you get to replace him? Hire some mercenary coach that will use us as a stepping stone to the pros or another program? Hire some guy that will cheat to win?

Nobody is saying that we should be happy with this year. Meritocracy breeds meritocracy. However, there is a difference between being and Auburn fan and an Auburn supporter. Try to figure out which is more loyal and does not panic.

Yes, we were unprepared tonight. Yes, that has happened before. If anyone complaining about Tuberville not having the players ready had ever spent time on a football team, you would remember that it is typically the position coaches that work with the players throughout the week leading up to the games. The head coach is more of a manager than a hands-on trainer so to speak. The offensive staff is leaving. With a new OC, a new staff and a completely new system it will be difficult for Tuberville to force his OC to play not to lose--his players are going to be prepped for a different style. This will work itself out.

Sure, we looked unprepared tonight. However, Tuberville shouldn't have to coach college age kids to be able to tackle properly, catch passes, not fumble, etc. This team has been a walking disaster all year (pre-season fights, Franklin, fans booing Todd, etc) and it obviously impacted the kids on the team--period. We didn't execute tonight, we weren't focused, we got beat. Scholarship athletes have no excuse to drop as many passes as we did tonight. Is that really poor coaching or a lack of focus? Seems to be the latter to me...

Hey, I got nothing against meritocracy. Mediocracy is a whole 'nuther animal, though. B)

No one is happy with the results of this season. This last loss was hardly unexpected ... even amongst the diehards. You could see it coming ever since that ridiculous OC was fired. Essentially, this O started a half season behind every other team. This is not the best way to run a team. For that, CTT is to shoulder the blame. I take nothing away from the players. They were doing the best they could do in an impossible situation.

So, it's like this: this season is over, and this is Tommy's one & only mulligan (props to the '04 team.) He has to produce next season or else ...

tubs is responsible for our football team. he's getting paid around 3 mil to do so. he should be busting his can every day to see that we're as good as we can be. we should not expect anything less from tubs. it's time for him to stop making lame excuses and make us a team to be respected and feared. if he can't get it done, then he needs to pack up his f-150 like a tidy tiger and leave town.

1-1 against bama

0-2 against the Big East

0-1 against Vandy

0-2 against Lsu

0-2 against Ga

1-1 against Ole Piss

You are going to use 2 seasons, one of them being a 5-7 season, and try to compare that to the last 6 seasons? Please explain how that works to me. I believe in quality assurance, we would say that the sample size you are using is not large enough to get a good idea on how accurate the specs of the product really is. It is not representative of the whole production run, nor how well repeatability and reproducibility can be predicated.

For instance you are saying in the last two years CTT is 14-11. You are using two samples (years), yet one sample (this year) is really bad while the other sample (last year) would considered above average or at worst average. You are auditing only two samples to make it representative of 10 samples. That is what you are doing, right? The down ward Started last year.

This was CTT's second losing season at AU, the first one being his first year here. Before this year, CTT was average just about 9 wins a season, which includes that losing season his first year. Now after this year, he is average 8.5 wins, which is not good for our program, but not Doug Barfield numbers either.

Sandwiched in between his first year and this current year, CTT has averaged just around 9.5 wins a season. Can you say rebuilding year for this year?

Out of 10 years, CTT has finished the year with the team ranked in both AP and Coache's polls 6 times. He is now the dean of SEC coaches. He has brought discipline and integrity to the program. Listening to analyst predications from outside the state (ESPN, CBS, FOX Sports, SI, The Sporting News) there were still several that thought a below average Auburn team was still capable of beating undefeated UAT team. I remember a time where that would have been laughed at, but yet CTT has brought respect to a program that we have demanded since the Barfield days.

So, again, I ask you, why would you fire him and who would you get to replace him? Hire some mercenary coach that will use us as a stepping stone to the pros or another program? Hire some guy that will cheat to win?

Nobody is saying that we should be happy with this year. Meritocracy breeds meritocracy. However, there is a difference between being and Auburn fan and an Auburn supporter. Try to figure out which is more loyal and does not panic.

To be an Auburn fan I have to accept meritocracy?

Brian Kelly, Chris Peterson,and Kyle Whittingham are on top of my list for replacement of Tubbs.

If you think we have had one bad season under Tuberville, you need to pull your head out of the sand. We have one SEC title and 2 SECCG appearances in 10 years. That ain't getting it done, and if you think it is, then you are part of the problem.

If you think we have had one bad season under Tuberville, you need to pull your head out of the sand. We have one SEC title and 2 SECCG appearances in 10 years. That ain't getting it done, and if you think it is, then you are part of the problem.

Agreed.

Archived