McCalebb enrolling on Wednesday

IndyTiger

premium article on Rivals

saw this on Auburnundercover in their free forum

Chatham (Va.) Hargrave four-star running back Onterio McCalebb will enroll at Auburn Wednesday, McCalebb and a source within the athletic department told AuburnSports.com.

McCalebb will travel back to Florida from Virginia before enrolling at AU Wednesday.

McCalebb spent the fall semester at the preparatory school trying to gain the necessary requirements for admission. The 6-foot, 175-pounder originally signed with Auburn in February out of Fort Meade, Fla, but failed to qualify.

McCalebb reached that goal Monday.

"I passed my test, talked to Auburn and I'm supposed to enroll Wednesday," McCalebb said. "It feels great."

McCalebb is the third mid-year enrollee for the Tigers joining junior college defensive lineman Nick Fairley and junior college linebacker Eltoro Freeman. McCalebb will have five years to play four at Auburn. Freeman and Fairley both have three to play three.

In eight games this season at Hargrave, McCalebb rushed for 755 yards on 87 carries (8.7 avg.) and four touchdowns. He also returned a kick 95 yards for a score, a punt 96 yards for a touchdown and scored on a 68-yard screen pass.

Rivals.com rates McCalebb the No. 1 prep school running back prospect in the country and No. 4 overall

That's a bit of good news. And five years to play four at Auburn.

Study young grasshopper, study!

So, it's Wednesday, is McCalebb in or not? Anybody know?

Also, a big disappointment here? From today's Huntsville Times: "Auburn signed two players from MGCCC in December. Linebacker Eltoro Freeman has arrived and enrolled in classes, while defensive lineman Nick Fairley is believed to be awaiting final academic clearance." link

Fairley is "believed to be awaiting clearance"? McCalebb is "expected to arrive"? Classes started last week. So far, we're one for three on these signees. WTF?

Classes started last week, but you still have options within the first two weeks of the semester.

Classes started last week, but you still have options within the first two weeks of the semester.

Up to the 15th class day I believe. Unless you're trying to get business classes, then you only have until the 5th class day.

So, these guys aren't yet on campus. 15 class days grace or not, that can't be considered good news. I graduated from Auburn, but I never took a class there where I'd have been comfortable missing the first 15 days, or 5 days for that matter.

Maybe we should be thankful that ElToro Freeman made it in, and just write McCalebb and Fairley off? Since they never enrolled at Auburn, they haven't cost us a scholarship, just cost a lot of recruiting expense.

• 2 weeks later...

So, these guys aren't yet on campus. 15 class days grace or not, that can't be considered good news. I graduated from Auburn, but I never took a class there where I'd have been comfortable missing the first 15 days, or 5 days for that matter.

Maybe we should be thankful that ElToro Freeman made it in, and just write McCalebb and Fairley off? Since they never enrolled at Auburn, they haven't cost us a scholarship, just cost a lot of recruiting expense.

On the rivals list of our recruits, it shows that Fairley and Freeman are enrolled and that McCallebb is not.

Is Rivals correct?

On the rivals list of our recruits, it shows that Fairley and Freeman are enrolled and that McCallebb is not.

Is Rivals correct?

I hope not. Today is the 15th class day which means that McCalebb needed to start classes today or he won't be able to.

I just looked him up on the people finder on campus. He is in the system so I would think that means he is enrolled. I also looked up El Toro and his is the same oher than the fact he has JR standing.

Link

El Toro

For whatever reason the link isn't going directly to the McCalebb page, just type in his last name and he will pop up

I think the recruiting services have a checkmark under "Signed LOI" for Fairley and Freeman, but not McCalebb. Is that what you are talking about?

It MAY be because the two with checkmarks signed under last year's quota, but McCaleb will count on this year and so he can't sign until Feb 4th. Someone reported several days ago that he is in school and has been for some time.

I think the recruiting services have a checkmark under "Signed LOI" for Fairley and Freeman, but not McCalebb. Is that what you are talking about?

It MAY be because the two with checkmarks signed under last year's quota, but McCaleb will count on this year and so he can't sign until Feb 4th. Someone reported several days ago that he is in school and has been for some time.

They've changed Signed LOI to Enrolled. I was coming to ask this same question.

Archived