Complete List of Visitors

autigeremt

Here's the list of players who will be on campus this weekend.

CB JC Demond Washington

(Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Perkinston, MS 5-10/185/4.29

SLB 7 Tana Patrick

(North Jackson HS)

Stevenson, AL 6-3/225/4.60

OT 13 Brandon Moore

(Carver Senior HS)

Montgomery, AL 6-5/320

DE 26 Dee Ford 6-3.5/205/4.46

(St. Clair County HS)

Odenville, AL

DE 60 DeQuinta Jones 6-2/265/4.70

(Bastrop HS)

Bastrop, LA

WR 94 Emory Blake 6-2/188/4.60

(Austin HS)

Austin, TX

OT 102 John Sullen 6-5.5/325

(Auburn HS)

Auburn, AL

DT NR Nosa Eguae 6-3/240/4.90

(Mansfield Summit HS)

Arlington, TX

WR NR Anthony Gulley 5-11/180

(Brantley HS)

Brantley, AL

WR PG DeAngelo Benton 6-2/190

(Bastrop HS)

Bastrop, LA

CB JC Demond Washington

(Mississippi Gulf Coast)

4.29.... That's fast. Blurry fast.

CB JC Demond Washington

(Mississippi Gulf Coast)

You don't know the half of it. He played Babe Ruth Baseball at Tallassee. You should have seen what it was like with 13-15 year old catchers trying to keep him from stealing a base. The only reason he ever used a slide was because his coach made him do it. Otherwise, he could have just kind of walked the last three steps in to second or third.

CB JC Demond Washington

(Mississippi Gulf Coast)

You don't know the half of it. He played Babe Ruth Baseball at Tallassee. You should have seen what it was like with 13-15 year old catchers trying to keep him from stealing a base. The only reason he ever used a slide was because his coach made him do it. Otherwise, he could have just kind of walked the last three steps in to second or third.

I played against Cory Patterson(now with the Orioles) in high school and he stole bases with ease every time, even in high school. Never had to slide. He beat out routine singles. He even tagged up from third on a fly ball our SS caught just outside the infield. It was just unbelievable seeing someone like that play. I think he was timed at just under 4.4.

"4.29.... That's fast. Blurry fast."

Actually that's crap...bull crap. He'd be an Olympic phenom if he ran that fast. These guys have their h.s. coach (no conflict of interest there) clock them on cinder tracks in sprinters cleats and want us to believe they'll run anywhere near that fast on grass. Vertical jump and (my favorite) height are the more entertaining stats in recruiting season, where the occasional guy somehow gets shorter after he leaves h.s.

I wouldn't expect many commitments this late in the game. Now that Feb 4th is so close, most guys won't commit until signing day.

This last month is the worst if you follow recruiting. It is utter agony.

"4.29.... That's fast. Blurry fast."

Actually that's crap...bull crap. He'd be an Olympic phenom if he ran that fast. These guys have their h.s. coach (no conflict of interest there) clock them on cinder tracks in sprinters cleats and want us to believe they'll run anywhere near that fast on grass. Vertical jump and (my favorite) height are the more entertaining stats in recruiting season, where the occasional guy somehow gets shorter after he leaves h.s.

I can confirm that he is nowhere near that fast. There is footage of him as a RB on Youtube and his top speed isn't overly impressive IMO...I've seen guys like Demps at Florida who are gone if they get into open space...Washington gets caught severa times and he's not really even pulling away from guys.

I wouldn't expect many commitments this late in the game. Now that Feb 4th is so close, most guys won't commit until signing day.

This last month is the worst if you follow recruiting. It is utter agony.

Word. How long has AU been waiting on a solid reply from some of these cats. Raymond Cotton is playin' wit' our emotions!

Archived