The Grille going down with a fight

AUartlady

Kathy Butts, owner of the Famed Auburn Grille was given an eviction notice today. She is trying to save the grille. Mr. Lipscomb, owner of the building she is leasing is trying to double her rent and there are many things going on. Went to the Grille tonight for dinner and Paul Davis of the OA News had just left. Kathy said she was given an eviction notice today and will have to be out by the end of March. Lipscomb is trying to kill another Auburn Tradition. Money hungry realtors keep ruining Auburn. Did you all know that is cost $2,000.00 a month for Toomers and the other stores in Lipscombs building to rent? If any of you are Grille lovers, or come to town and visit the Grille for nostalgia sake, help get the word out. If Lipscomb doesn't negotiate with Kathy another Auburn tradition will go by the wayside. Remember Sani Freeze? Pretty soon all of Auburn will be Deli's and Pizza places. No one will have a good home cooked meal place to eat. The tradition of the Grille will go down like Sani Freeze and they aren't even tearing the building down. Currently Kathy pays 650.00 in rent. Lipscomb wants to increase it to 1,500 or more. Plus she rents her kitchen separately. Kathy is willing to negotiate and gradually increase her rent but she can't just start next month by doubling it. Where will the money come from. Kathy is more worried about laying off the dedicated college students and her reliable single mother manager than anything else. What does everyone else think?

Anyone into starting a petition to save the Grille? :o

Does anyone know how to start one of those online Petitions? We really need to save the Grille!!! We live here in Auburn and go at least once a week.

Hey all you Auburn fans and Alums, be sure and visit the Grille on A-Day. Kathy is keeping it open until then to show the Lipscombs how much it means to every Auburn Person.

SAVE THE GRILLE! :o

The food is not bad now, the best Nachos and hamburger Steak in town, as well as Spaghetti. They are best noted for their Breakfasts and good prices.

but I agree with you, I don't want to see the Grille go, no matter what. When I was at Auburn, my music theory teacher, Bob Richardson used to say on Friday's " hey all, I need a biscuit and cup of coffee, lets go to the Grille for class!"

Thanks for your support.

You want to support the thing with posts on internet sites etc, then I will place a page here and maybe even open a site for it on the server. Can you get me a Logo or something for it? Talk to Kathy or have her call me.

I knew I should have put more effort into chasing his daughter while I was there. You guys could be begging me today to save the grille.

P O W E R......P O W E R......P O W E R......P O W E R......P O W E R......P O W E R......

CONTROL, COMPLETE CONTROL . AHAHAHHHHHHHAAAA

CONTROL, COMPLETE CONTROL...AHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAA

CONTROL, COMPLETE CONTROL...AHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAA

I am in the process of getting a petition ready. Once I do I will let everyone know.

Read the front page of the OA news! The Grille Eviction notice is the headline. Nim Lipscomb is a wimp, he got mad because Kathy went to the news and made this public, now he wants to evict her!

Archived