4 regular season games left

AUdmd07

Wed 2/25 Ole Miss

Sat 2/28 @ MSU

Tue 3/3 @ Bama

Sat 3/7 LSU

If we win 2 of the last 4, that will give us a .500 conference finish for the first time in 6 years. Which two are the most winnable? How does everyone see us rebound from the LSU loss?

I say Ole Miss at home and Bama on road are the most winnable games left. State on the road will be tough - they are fighting to hold on to that second slot in the West. LSU at home isn't out of the question. We played them tough down there. Better free throw shooting and home crowd might pull us through.

They are all very winnable. There is no game that I see as a definite loss, nor is there a game that I see as a definite win. And I wouldn't bet a dollar on any one game either.

That said, 2-2 seems like the best thing to say, but I predict they go 1-3. I think the LSU loss hurt a lot more than people realize in terms of momentum.

3-1....after a win over Ole Miss during White Out Wednesday.....momentum will be regained.

That's my hope......

White out... ha... is Auburn giving out white t-shirts or are they asking people to wear white?

Color-outs don't work at Auburn. If it isn't going to work at a sold out football event, it won't work out a BASKETBALL event where MAYBE 50% of the coliseum will be filled in. And of those 50%, MAYBE 60% will actually wear white. It will be 42% brown (the seats), 8% blue (the seats), 5% red and blue (Ole Miss), 30% white, 15% orange.

If I was the away team, I'd be like "Wow, this is pathetic. We're going to destroy this team. They don't even have fans attend games and those that do won't even wear white."

Best case scenario: 3-1

Most likely scenario: 2-2

I'll have to admit. After we choked on the road against Ole Miss, I didn't think this team had any fight left. They've proven me wrong. I'll take 8-8 heading into the tourney. War Eagle!

If I was the away team, I'd be like "Wow, this is pathetic. We're going to destroy this team. They don't even have fans attend games and those that do won't even wear white."

yep, that's what i always did right before an away game. looked at the crowd, judged how many fans were there and made sure to note what colors they were wearing. depending on those results, i knew how we would play and what the outcome of the game would be. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

White out... ha... is Auburn giving out white t-shirts or are they asking people to wear white?

Color-outs don't work at Auburn. If it isn't going to work at a sold out football event, it won't work out a BASKETBALL event where MAYBE 50% of the coliseum will be filled in. And of those 50%, MAYBE 60% will actually wear white. It will be 42% brown (the seats), 8% blue (the seats), 5% red and blue (Ole Miss), 30% white, 15% orange.

Well......80% of those at the womens game wore PINK!!!! So I guess that debunks the trend a little.

Breast Cancer vs "Let's wear a color for the heck of it" .... hmmm - tough one. Breast Cancer is a good cause. Plus, if you don't wear it - you like a very bad person because it appears you don't care about Breast Cancer.

Maybe we should have a Breast Cancer day for a football game next year. It will do better than a "blue out." I believe the regular days when 95% of people wore orange to a football game looked best. The All Auburn All Orange even worked decently well. We couldn't get everybody to accomplish the task, but it looked decent. But there was no major "push" nor a major marketing scheme involved (I admit All Auburn All Orange is a marketing scheme, but most people wore orange anyways).

I just think it is pathetic that it appears that every school which has attempted a color-out has accomplished it. Auburn has not even come close in its many attempts.

I just think it is pathetic that it appears that every school which has attempted a color-out has accomplished it. Auburn has not even come close in its many attempts.

I agree it makes me sad that other than football, most Auburn fans do not care at all about their teams. It has nothing to do with color oriented games it just shows how much people care which is very little. IU still sells out almost every basketball game and fills it, the students are always there and it is a great atmosphere even in their worst season ever. We just have some of the most fair weather fans in collegiate athletics. It sucks, but it seems to be getting worse every year. What happened to the pride of being an Auburn man/woman and supporting everything that is Auburn?

Breast Cancer vs "Let's wear a color for the heck of it" .... hmmm - tough one. Breast Cancer is a good cause. Plus, if you don't wear it - you like a very bad person because it appears you don't care about Breast Cancer.

Maybe we should have a Breast Cancer day for a football game next year. It will do better than a "blue out." I believe the regular days when 95% of people wore orange to a football game looked best. The All Auburn All Orange even worked decently well. We couldn't get everybody to accomplish the task, but it looked decent. But there was no major "push" nor a major marketing scheme involved (I admit All Auburn All Orange is a marketing scheme, but most people wore orange anyways).

The thing I don't get is, why the "white out?" What happened to All Auburn, All Orange. I'm pretty sure its a "white out" because the AU athletic department won't give out free ORANGE T-shirts. They just cost too much I guess.

Heck, white isn't even a color. ORANGE. BLUE. ORANGE. BLUE.

The thing I don't get is, why the "white out?" What happened to All Auburn, All Orange. I'm pretty sure its a "white out" because the AU athletic department won't give out free ORANGE T-shirts. They just cost too much I guess.

Our basketball team and most teams other than football wear white at home.....

Our basketball team and most teams other than football wear white at home.....

Thanks Indy, I knew there was a logical answer / reason for this. :thumbsup:

I say skip the shirts and put ashes on everybody's foreheads, including the players'. Now that'd be sweet.

So who is sponsoring the shirts? Anders Bookstore?

:roflol::roflol:

Jay Tate : "This is sooooo not a "white out." This is the worst SEC crowd of the season without a doubt."

I'm telling you guys this stuff is ridiculously stupid at Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...

4-0, don't doubt the bald dome of Lebo.

The prophetic words of AUSlug! War Damn Eagle.

Archived