If we beat LSU I say we are in

RunInRed

No SEC team with 10 conference wins has ever failed to get at an at large bid. Who's heading down to the plains Saturday?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm gonna try and make it. I haven't been able to make one all year because of work, but this one seems do-able. And it should be a doozy. I think they've got it in them, but they've got to come out clicking. Hopefully we get a different crew to ref the game this time around too.

No SEC team with 10 conference wins has ever failed to get at an at large bid. Who's heading down to the plains Saturday?

I appreciate the enthusiasm, trust me, but we'd have to do major damage in the SECT to get into the NCAAs at this point, probably even to the point of having to win it. Our non-league schedule (which saw no wins of note) combined with a down SEC (conference RPI of 6, the worst among the major conferences) does us no favors in that regard.

That said, those of you on campus and nearby get yer collective arses to the game Saturday. This team and this group of seniors deserve a good sendoff.

We are on NO one's bubble list, and a terrible SOS and RPI; and every discussion I have seen talks about how down the SEC is this year. I think we need to make at least the SEC Championship game. Now, if we didn't have those 3 or 4 bad losses early in the season, due exclusively to horrible free-throw shooting, I think we would have a winning argument...

Ok...I'll temper my enthusiasm...a win over LSU and one SEC tourney win and I like our chances a lot. The tourney likes teams that are playing well at the end of the year and we are hot right now.

I think Auburn will start to be included in bubble talk, not many teams are playing better ball right now. A win over LSU would help big time but a run in Tampa is a must. The SEC is down, no way around it right now. I've seen the Big East and ACC's bubble teams and I think Auburn can beat any of em.

Great road win over Bama keeps the dream alive. Way to go you fighting Tigers!

I've seen some talk today and yesterday that Florida is on the outside looking in at this point. If florida at 21-8 given the success they've had they last several years is not in the tourney, then i see no way we are gonna be in the tourney. Now, if we were to beat lsu, then make a significant run in the sec tourney, then we MAY stand a chance, otherwise, we are NIT bound...

Auburn is one of the most dangerous teams in America right now. LSU is going down Saturday. We damn near beat them on their home court 10 days ago. The LSU announcers were saying Auburn was the best defending and quickest team they had faced this season.

Beating UAT on the road is a good win, but it is going to take more to get into the NCAA tournament. Beat LSU Saturday, and people are going to start to take notice. If AU beats LSU Saturday and gets 2 wins in the SEC tournament, then they are in. Less than that, and they'll knock some heads in the NIT.

War Damn Lebo!

I've seen some talk today and yesterday that Florida is on the outside looking in at this point. If florida at 21-8 given the success they've had they last several years is not in the tourney, then i see no way we are gonna be in the tourney. Now, if we were to beat lsu, then make a significant run in the sec tourney, then we MAY stand a chance, otherwise, we are NIT bound...

Auburn does have a few things in their favor. The win over Miss St pushed us 11 spots in the RPI. Win over UAT might not do much but a win over LSU could push us a nice chunk.

Also, the wildcard in the selection process is last 10 games. We're stacking up pretty favorably with a lot of bubble teams in the last 10 category.

All that being said, I don't think a win vs LSU and a first game loss in the SEC Tourney will get us in and now having the first round bye gives us fewer games to win, but if we can win a game in the tourney after an LSU win, I think we have a shot.

National exposure and impressive comeback win in the face of some serious home cookin' didn't hurt us in the least tonight.

We've locked up an NIT bid imo.

Auburn does have a few things in their favor. The win over Miss St pushed us 11 spots in the RPI. Win over UAT might not do much but a win over LSU could push us a nice chunk.

Also, the wildcard in the selection process is last 10 games. We're stacking up pretty favorably with a lot of bubble teams in the last 10 category.

All that being said, I don't think a win vs LSU and a first game loss in the SEC Tourney will get us in and now having the first round bye gives us fewer games to win, but if we can win a game in the tourney after an LSU win, I think we have a shot.

National exposure and impressive comeback win in the face of some serious home cookin' didn't hurt us in the least tonight.

We've locked up an NIT bid imo.

No question we locked up an NIT bid. Absolutely NO DOUBT at all about that. You have a pretty solid point here. Perhaps an LSU victory and a win maybe two in the SEC tourney and we get in...

Auburn's Spring Break lands on the days of the NIT first round games. We better make it into the NCAAs. I don't wanna miss that.

We need to beat LSU and then go to the SEC Championship in my opinion. Semifinals might do it, but we are just now even getting close to bubble talk. A nice win on national TV helps. A win over a top 25 team on Saturday would help. We really need to knock off some of the other SEC bubble teams in the tournament in order to get in. I'm talking to you Kentucky and Florida.

Auburn needs to do two things to get into the tourney.

1) Beat LSU on Saturday. Winning by more than 10 points would even be better if we can do it.

2) Beat either Florida or UK in the quarterfinals if they play them to steal their at large spot (beat them on neutral court and playing better at this point in season). Then we probably need to win the semifinal game regardless of the opponent.

Under this scenario we would be 23-11 and winners of 10 of our last 12. RPI would be high enough and the selection comittee definitely likes teams that are hot.

One way or the other......

WE SPOILED THE NIGHT FOR THE BAMMERS!!!!! Hot damn! This team played with a lot of intensity.

ruinred... when are people going to learn that statistics only go so far. 10 wins mean CRAP. What if Auburn was 10-22, with 10 SEC wins. What if they had 10 SEC wins, but were .500 overall. Probably don't get in.

Auburn lost to NORTHERN IOWA and MERCER. MERCER!! M-E-R-C-E-R!!!

This team has played great, but those losses, as I stated back in November / December, cost us ANY chance at the NCAA tournament.

Auburn could go to the SEC Finals and still not make the NCAA tournament without winning the SEC tournament. Our SOS is waaaay too low and our RPI basically tells us to RIP.

There is ZERO... ZERO chance. We aren't even on any "Bubble Watches." And only a couple of those (of the 20 or so on it) make it.

Auburn chose to win too late in the process. It's better to win late then early, but Auburn has done too little, too late. You take back any of the following losses (maybe 2) and I say we were in : Northern Iowa, Mercer, Dayton, Xavier, Vanderbilt, LSU.

Got to agree with PChamp; unless we win the SEC tourney, we aren't getting in.

The way it is looking we would have the winner of MSU/GA in the 2nd round game. The other half of our bracket would be the East #1 playing the winner of probably Vandy/Bama in the second round. Our semifinal/3rd game would be probably be playing the East #1 as I would expect USC or UT to beat the VU/uat winner. I would say MSU would beat UGA (sorry Slink), then we would have to beat MSU for the 3rd time this year which will be very tough to do. IF we pull that off, then a win over the East #1 I think would all but lock up an NCAA tourney at large bid. This provided we beat LSU on Saturday. I lose to LSU Saturday and we pretty much have to win the tourney, or get to the championship game at least.

Still a great run by our Auburn Tigers!!! We will for sure be playing in the NIT, w/o a doubt, imo. But a lose to LSU, and lose in our first game of SEC Tourney would not help those odds either.

IF you beat LSU. :big:

Seriously, you guys are at least the 4th best in the SEC right now...

Hehehehe......we didn't exactly lay down for you 10 days ago. IF isn't as big as you may want to think, corndog.

ruinred... when are people going to learn that statistics only go so far. 10 wins mean CRAP. What if Auburn was 10-22, with 10 SEC wins. What if they had 10 SEC wins, but were .500 overall. Probably don't get in.

Auburn lost to NORTHERN IOWA and MERCER. MERCER!! M-E-R-C-E-R!!!

This team has played great, but those losses, as I stated back in November / December, cost us ANY chance at the NCAA tournament.

Auburn could go to the SEC Finals and still not make the NCAA tournament without winning the SEC tournament. Our SOS is waaaay too low and our RPI basically tells us to RIP.

There is ZERO... ZERO chance. We aren't even on any "Bubble Watches." And only a couple of those (of the 20 or so on it) make it.

Auburn chose to win too late in the process. It's better to win late then early, but Auburn has done too little, too late. You take back any of the following losses (maybe 2) and I say we were in : Northern Iowa, Mercer, Dayton, Xavier, Vanderbilt, LSU.

The Mercer loss is the only "bad" one. All the other OOC losses were to teams "better" than us (higher RPI). I looked at the RPI rankings and our SOS is higher than UF. The games we "should" have won were Mercer, Dayton, UNI, and Vandy.

We need (1) a big win and (2) to be in the headlines.

If we can knock off LSU (the big win) and can at least hang around until Sunday in the Tourney (headlines) we're in.

That means we need to win 3 in a row and we're in. The SEC tourney is CRITICAL.

Archived