rematch with vandy

kickinwang

a chance to avenge our loss from earlier in the year. 6:30 on espn2, and for those in the shoals area, the shoals auburn club will be hosting a watch party at swamper's @ the marriott starting at 5:30.

When we played them in Nashville we came out and shot horribly in the first half. If memory serves they lead by 16-20 in the first half. The second half was a totally different ball game. We ended up losing only by 3, 73-70 (I think). I know it was a 3 point loss anyway. If we shoot well the first half, even if we are trailing at the half, we should win this rematch. I just love the way this team plays basketball. That second half tonight against Tennessee is one of the best halves of basketball I've ever seen. Win tomorrow night, and we lock up a #1 seed in the tournament.

WAR EAGLE!!

If they play with the same intensity they played with today, look out. I'm also thinking (hoping) they feel the desire to avenge the previous loss to Vandy.

You couldn't script it any better...

i agree. This game may go down in AU lore. Make no mistake about it Vandy is a tough team and it will be a battle tonight. After watching vandy earlier this year in my opinion they are as tough as AU and both look like a final 4 type of team. Vandy will clear out a whole bunch of teams when the ncaa tourney rolls around.

Perhaps the lady Tigers can break that streak tonight. WDE!

It has been my misfortune to witness, either in person or on TV, most of the games in our current 13? 14? game losing streak to Vandy.

They've all been pretty much the same. Vandy slices and dices us with back-door cuts, pick and rolls and give and go's. You know, that complicated stuff that smart teams have been beating less smart teams with since back when Adolph Rupp was in high school.

I desperately hope that today's game will be different, that we'll simply overpower them with talent, but I don't think so.

I think Vandy will once again shoot mostly layups by beating us technically, and the streak will continue. I just hope we don't run into them in the NCAA tournament.

It has been my misfortune to witness, either in person or on TV, most of the games in our current 13? 14? game losing streak to Vandy.

They've all been pretty much the same. Vandy slices and dices us with back-door cuts, pick and rolls and give and go's. You know, that complicated stuff that smart teams have been beating less smart teams with since back when Adolph Rupp was in high school.

I desperately hope that today's game will be different, that we'll simply overpower them with talent, but I don't think so.

I think Vandy will once again shoot mostly layups by beating us technically, and the streak will continue. I just hope we don't run into them in the NCAA tournament.

I think you are right Mickey and I agree with you, but let’s hope that we both are wrong. The team came back from a 20 point deficit against Vandy and only lost by 3 lets hope that a neutral site will give AU the edge.

And like you hope that Vandy is not in the same bracket or side of the tourney as AU. However, I would not mind meeting Vandy in the Finals. If they loose tonight perhaps the 3rd time will be a charm.

Out smarted, out hustled, out coached by Vandy for the umpteenth straight time. Please, SOMEBODY knock them off before we meet them in the NCAA.

That inside-out, spot up jump shot they get wide open on against us: Every rec league team in America tries to use that. Why can't we get a defender at least on the same side of the court as their shooter????

We've got a good chance to make a run at the NC, but that only holds if Vandy gets eliminated by somebody else. If it comes down to Auburn/Vandy at some point in the Big Dance, I don't think we will beat them. It'll just be more of the same ol-same-ol.

They do have our number, that's for sure...3 losses all year and two of them are to Vanderbilt. They had a ridiculous number of open 3's and made enough of 'em to keep us at bay. Frustrating game to watch and a frustrating team for us to play against.

Tough loss, but we can turn all that around in the NCAA. It looks like we will be a number 2 seed.

Here's a "whoulda thunk it" for you:

We are a combined 0-4 against VU in the major sports this athletic season (football, men's and women's hoops).

Flip that record to 4-0 against Tennessee.

Back on topic...I agree, TM. Looks like a #2 seed for our girls. The record is gaudy, but the non-conference slate wasn't that strong and the SEC isn't quite as strong as it has been in the past.

Another aweful performance against Vandy. I agree we are a 2 seed and thats what we should be. Big time programs are supposed to step when its on the line and the ladies have proven that they can't do it yet. I hope we turn this loss into motivation for the tourney. I still think we can make a final four run pretty strongly but we have to find a way to guard the three better. Also, just a side not I thought the officials were absolutely dreadful.

So true, we couldn't block them out of those 3 point shots for the life of us. Smalley and Bonner had awful scoring night! They sure have our number and I hate it! We have a good team, I really feel sorry for them but we had a great year and at least won the West for the regular season.

Why would we be a #2 seed? Not all the best teams win their conference tournaments every year. We were like #2 and had the 2nd best record going into this game. I say we get the #1 seed. SEC Champs. This is still like the best or 2nd best WBB conference. I'd be upset if they were not #1. If they don't get #1, it's because of our name and lack of respect. If UT or LSU had the same season, they'd be a lock for a #1 seed.

Archived