NCAA information

AU alum

LSU beat Butler, 75-71. Mississippi St is this afternoon. I don't know about you, but I just can't get into the NCAA Basketball for men. I feel that Auburn was screwed. I am for the SEC teams that are in it, but I have to admit, I am a little bit less for Miss. State. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm for them since they are the SEC, and still want them to win, but maybe have a hard time doing it. It just galls me that we beat all three of the teams in there.

:( Understand. NCAA March Madness isn't quite as exciting. Do hope the SEC teams do well and surprise the "big boys" and the media that put all of us down all year. It is going to be tough with the way the seeding was done. Boy, Slive did a GREAT job didin't he. With friends like him.....

Anyway, need to get pumped for tomorrow night. AU has got to be more focused than they were last night. I'm hoping that game gave them a dose of reality that they need to bring their "A" game every time during tournament time because everybody there has had a habit of winning and aren't going to lie down.

I eat this time of year up. I've spent many years without seeing "Auburn" on my bracket. I'm used to it.

To me, March Madness is as strong/interesting as ever.

It's not as exciting? Why? Has it not been as exciting since 2002-2003? Or is it because we were all following Auburn basketball to get into the tournament?

If the latter, you are not into it because Auburn played good, but not good enough. So would you rather Auburn go back to 4-12 conference play?

I've been watching the tournament for 30 years now, or at least 30 years that I can remember...this first weekend (Thurs-Sat) makes up the best four consecutive days in the sporting calendar year. My interest in it is not tied to AU being in the field or how many SEC teams are or aren't in the field.

Archived